+ Reply to Thread

Thread: noob dungeon questions

Rift Disciple

Default noob dungeon questions

So I finally got around to a dungeon run - and I can't even remember the name of it. It's the one whose entrance is near the big golem garden in the Moonshade Highlands area. I used the "Looking for Group" option, and when it finally got set up, I got transported from Sanctum to the dungeon.

1. if you get killed in a dungeon, do you have to respawn at a spawn point outside the dungeon and run back into the dungeon? That seems really inconvenient. Am I missing something?

2. what happens when you finish?

We finished the dungeon, jumped through the portal thingy, and I got dumped (alone) to the spawn point near the golem garden. I was still in the group, but no one else was around.

3. What's the etiquette for finishing? Do you just leave the party and say, "Thanks"?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    1. if you get killed in a dungeon, do you have to respawn at a spawn point outside the dungeon and run back into the dungeon? That seems really inconvenient. Am I missing something?
    Unless a rezzer has soulwalk up, then yes you'll rez outside and need to run to the entrance. It usually isn't far.

2. what happens when you finish?
    We finished the dungeon, jumped through the portal thingy, and I got dumped (alone) to the spawn point near the golem garden. I was still in the group, but no one else was around.
    I've taken to right-clicking on the little LFG icon that appears at the bottom of the mini-map to exit. This will take you back where you were before you zoned in.

3. What's the etiquette for finishing? Do you just leave the party and say, "Thanks"?
    That's pretty much it. Sometimes I ask when we start a dungeon (or actually in the middle of it, if the group is doing ok) if anyone wants to stick around and run it (or another) afterwards. You might be able to get a couple that will stay and run another, but I've never had everyone stay so you end up looking for replacement people.

+ Reply to Thread