+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid lockout question

Default Raid lockout question

I'm a raid leader and my guild is getting to the point where we can field two or more GSB/RoS raids to defeat Duke, Johlen, Warmaster, and Oracle. BUT, we still need our best team to down Hylas/Greenscale, and work on Plutonus, etc. I've been thinking about separating our "A" team into two groups of 10, then filling in the rest to do Duke, Johlen, and Oracle as 2 different raids. The next day of Raiding we would bring the A team back together to do Hylas and Greenscale.

I encountered a few things that led me to believe this isn't a possibility given the current lockout system. It seems that the two different groups would be locked to separate instances, so even if they stopped at the same boss, the 10 "A team" members from each group couldn't come back together the next day to defeat the next boss. This means I would have to make sure that anyone I want to take on to Lord Greenscale not be locked to a different raid. This obviously makes it extremely harder to form two different Raids so i'm looking for different ways to make it easier on me.

I've been looking around on the forums a bit and ran a search, and I could only find the basic info above. Can anyone give me a more detailed explanation or some suggestions?

In the end I can just do GP in the mean time, but GSB is much easier for people fresh to raiding and would like to have guildies help them, Ugh.
    Last edited by tamgros; 05-31-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    @tamgros, tamgros on youtube...

Sez

Your guild is going to fracture if you split them up into "cool kids" and "scrubs"

I hate to say it, but you kinda dug yourself a grave until you can get everyone geared and able to kill hylas.

Personally, I would start bumping up micro-managers to start checking each person's performace individually.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

My guild has been together for 14 years, many of the raid team has been 3+ years and all friends for the most part. I'm sure there will be some drama, but not more than having to exclude 15 people every week. Most of these 10-15 I'm currently turning away just got to the point that they are pretty much fully t2 geared and are very understanding that they have to wait their turn because they are ore casual.

Separating so the experienced people could help our more casual people raid would be much easier on me and much more enjoyable and successful for the raid. But it seems that Trion is more concerned with keeping the raids difficult. It's a trade off for sure. They don't want things to be made trivial and things to be farmed too easily... but that's certainly not the attitude they took in t2 nerfs.

But anyway, I'm still wondering if I'm missing anything or a way to get around this. Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by tamgros; 05-31-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Nothing? Sad I'll try to think of something but as it looks now I'm not going to be able to get two raids into GSB until we get the whole thing on trivial farm, hopefully that'll be just a couple weeks.

+ Reply to Thread