+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plate Drops - Nerfed into ground

Default Plate Drops - Nerfed into ground

I have been sitting quietly for the last 4 days about the lack of ANY plate drops in IT, KB or FC, another group member said its been a week since he seen one.

Now I don't mind a grind to get plaques for better armor and all, and i'm ok with epics only dropping on last boss (rare chances the other bosses), but when I become a Liability to a group as a new tank because I am undergeared, and dont get any plate drops, be it blue or purple, it starts to pi$$ me off.

Someone needs to look at this seriously....its nigh impossible for new tanks to gear up efficiently (I mean maybe one peice of plate every 3 runs or so, not ever 9-11)

I'm considering asking guild for crafted items now over running instances...

Warriors stand up for yourselves!
    Last edited by GoldX18; 05-31-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Plane Touched

odd because my buddies warrior got geared enough in 4 t1's to be rdy to tank t2, rng ftw
    Bouse - Dayblind - Defiant - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    odd because my buddies warrior got geared enough in 4 t1's to be rdy to tank t2, rng ftw
    I can see where your comming from yes, but for myself on Wolfsbane its just not happening...0 drops so far, unluckiest tank? probably
    Last edited by GoldX18; 05-31-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Sez

I love how you think that plate drops were the only thing that got nerfed.

What is that floating around you? Is it the world? Is the world revolving around you?

I think it is!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I love how you think that plate drops were the only thing that got nerfed.

What is that floating around you? Is it the world? Is the world revolving around you?

I think it is!
    Don't be so arrogant, there has been nothing but leather and cloth AND chain drops all around me, yet no plate.

Soulwalker

I agree. I am not getting any plate drops either. I've done like 20 runs of random T2 and still haven't picked up any epic plate armor yet. The drops are mostly chain and leather for me.

Sez

You're right. The little black cloud following you around your dungeon crawling is Trion's way of saying you made the wrong choice when you picked the Warrior calling.

The drops have nothing to do with a randomized loot table. It's due to the fact that they removed plate drops from the game, they just didn't tell anyone.

Next patch, every drop will be epic, BiS, and will drop 5 items per boss, one for each person.

Hugs for everyone!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Well this game in general seems to greatly favor cleric drops over any other profession in general.
    Last night 2x T2 runs, DD & DSM. 13 bosses total. nearly 50% of the drops were for cleric!

That said, Plate gear, specifically plate TANKING gear has indeed become a very rare drop.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

I see some warrior plate drops, but they don't come close to the number of cleric tank drops.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Good to see some actually good responses.
    I'm not going to sit on the lack of loot issue, I'm going to just use my plaque to get t1 gear, make me less squishy.

It is something that I believe should be addressed, I'd be happy with more plate drops in the tables. Trion can't just ignore warriors completely can they?

Rift Disciple

Me and another guildie both got the epic tank chest from CC on the same day. Same guildie went back next day and got himself a spare.

That said, havent seen the shoulders from CC yet
    Last edited by Dalin; 06-01-2011 at 07:49 AM.

i have done over 50 t2's and i have yet to see any epic necklace/ring/1her/trinket drop that has tanking stats but no block on them or an effect that procs off of a block. At least with the armor, you can just buy the vender gear, and yeah, it takes a little while, but the vender gear is better then the drops 90% of the time. but there is no vender accessories.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Multiple runs of everything but DSM over the last week (2-3 T2's a night typically). Not a single purple plate drop - we did get 3 or so blue plate drops.

In the interim, our group Cleric now has a backpack full of purple hammers and nearly full purple chain armor. Mages and Rogues are doing just a bit less well than that.

Realistically, though, just dumb luck. We've seen very nice purple plate from expert and raid rifts. I know another group from our guild saw the purple chest piece from DSM this weekend too.

Random runs can produce streaky runs.

/shrugs and commiserates
    Ryahl MacBannon
    Calling: Warrior
    Side: Guardian Server: Greybriar
    Guild : Ohana
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Shadowlander

What I dont understand, is why terrible blues that are worse than t1 gear drop in t2's and waste everyones time. If these blues were at least better, a step in between the t1epic and the t2epic, then it would be a lot less frustrating when the first boss of AP can drop [Crustacean Talisman], [Insanity Sliver], [Kaler's Copper Band of Fortitude], and [Kaler's Shortbow] (4 decent tanking items) and in several runs recent runs has dropped a garbage [Riptide Kris] instead. Another favorite is the [Septic Cutter] and [Fanged Warhelm] from DD (two bosses have a chance to drop the cutter). I've only ever seen [Dull Slicer of Malice] drop from Rictus in RD in the last week. I have disenchanted that loot so many times its a wonder he can keep making them (probably explains why its dull and full of malice)

TOO MUCH GARBAGE IN T2's

also

NOT ENOUGH ALTERNATIVES FOR ACQUIRING GEAR (literally spam dungeons until you have the luck with drops or the plaques to buy it, nowhere else can you get gear, not even from expert rifts/epic invasions)

Quote Originally Posted by MadamSmasher View Post
    What I dont understand, is why terrible blues that are worse than t1 gear drop in t2's and waste everyones time. If these blues were at least better, a step in between the t1epic and the t2epic, then it would be a lot less frustrating when the first boss of AP can drop [Crustacean Talisman], [Insanity Sliver], [Kaler's Copper Band of Fortitude], and [Kaler's Shortbow] (4 decent tanking items) and in several runs recent runs has dropped a garbage [Riptide Kris] instead. Another favorite is the [Septic Cutter] and [Fanged Warhelm] from DD (two bosses have a chance to drop the cutter). I've only ever seen [Dull Slicer of Malice] drop from Rictus in RD in the last week. I have disenchanted that loot so many times its a wonder he can keep making them (probably explains why its dull and full of malice)

TOO MUCH GARBAGE IN T2's

also

NOT ENOUGH ALTERNATIVES FOR ACQUIRING GEAR (literally spam dungeons until you have the luck with drops or the plaques to buy it, nowhere else can you get gear, not even from expert rifts/epic invasions)
    This problem is accentuated by the 1.2 changes.

1. Most zone purples have been moved to the final boss of the zone. For reference, we had the Insanity Sliver and Glob of Goo each drop from the final AP+ boss, when they should come from the first and third bosses respectively. The purples can still drop from their original boss though, but (I would guess) at a much larger than prior drop rate.

2. Plaque armor was buffed. Now the purple T1 plaques are at least equal to blue T2 drops. Usually the T1 plaque is better, occasionally the T2 blue is a side-grade

The end result of this is that you get one guaranteed purple per T2 now, but it's literally a lottery between (nearly) every purple item in the zone loot database. Along the way you pickup 4-5 blues most of the time that are, at best, meh.

The thing is, had 1.2 done either of the two changes above, things would be mostly okay.

If they had only done #1, those blue drops from the early bosses would be upgrades (slight) to T1 purple and you'd still get that one in a hundred purple drop from the final boss.

If they had only done #2, the blue drops would be the 'meh' that they are right now, but the shot at pulling more than one purple a run makes up for it.

Bear in mind, you can pull more than one purple a run right now - it's just very rare. All things considered, I think the buff to plaque armor was a pretty major mistake. I can live with the 1:100 shot at getting the purple I want from a zone to at least be guaranteed of seeing a purple drop in a zone. But, yeah it'd be nice if the blue armor's were more than runebreak fodder.

That said, I did snag my Insanity Sliver this past week and another guild warrior pulled one in a run with us Monday. That's a pretty spiffy item... even if my armor is still the same stuff I was wearing in T1. I'm up to my second T2 plaque purchase since 1.2.
    Ryahl MacBannon
    Calling: Warrior
    Side: Guardian Server: Greybriar
    Guild : Ohana
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast