+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 50 inscribed stone greaters

Rift Disciple

Default 50 inscribed stone greaters

Need to be buffed. Lots. At this point in the game most lesser essences as well as a blue quest greater are better than the SOUL SPECIFIC 50 inscribed source stone greater essences available. Not only do you need a separate sigil for each, the upgrade (if it is an upgrade, most aren't) is almost non-existant. 28 spell power on countdown. Great. 10 inscribed lesser essences give more spell power permanently as well as crit, mana, mana regen, and resists. Another dot tick for chloros? 110 dmg on outgoing dots that doesn't affect existing dots with a 66% uptime that really doesn't fit into any rotations? 30 spell power for your pet off plaguebolt. Please upgrade these, its sad when they are so worthless that no one even thinks about buying them. I grabbed the warlock greater as a shard first YESTERDAY on a high pop server with multiple raiding guilds.

You may have a point but it's hard to read your post. Please provide side by side examples.

And perhaps a paragraph would help too.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Rift Disciple

Mystic River Pyromancer Greater
    +19 int +28 spellpower when the spell countdown is cast.
    +9 wis Necromancer Greater
    +9 spellpower +30 atk and spell power for your pet on plaguebolt use.
    + 14 water resist

cost = 10 inscribed cost = 50 inscribed

Necrotic Semblance Any of the 50 inscribed.
    On damaging/heal cast you
    have a chance to gain 60 spell power

up 70% of the time,
    cost = quest

so side by side you have 23 spellpower permanently + 19 crit on the mystic, vs 28 spellpower and a wasted gcd for 40 more sourcestones. Necrotic Semblance is almost always up, and does far more for any mage spec than any of the greater essences which cost 50 inscribed. The necro one gives 30 spellpower/atk to your pet, chloro adds 32 damage to vile spores (worthless both of them) etc. Archon greater procs off of shield cast which is horrible for pve, elementalist gives 82 spellpower on a 10% chance for 10 seconds once every 15 which means that it has less uptime and again, requires an elemental pet. In any case, most of the 50 inscribed epic greaters from RAID rifts, are inferior when compared to a blue quest greater you get in your 40s.

Rift Master

Every single warrior tanking one is a POS, and possibly the DPS ones as well. The only one that is questionable to me is the BM one but im not buying it to test.

For example two of the warrior ones give 300 armor, thats about .01 more mit for me. One gives a small (200-300) ward on a temp spell that no warrior ever uses because it doesnt stack with the bard equivalent. The last one gives a 600 spell ward on a 30 sec recast spell, I think i would have been better off with any of the +end + resist one for 10 inscribed instead.

Pair this with the lack of warrior tank inspired (end, str, block) lessers and people like me just have tons of unspent inscribed stones. Post 10 raid rifts warrior tanks have zero use for inscribed stones and thats kinda sad.

General of Telara

They are very situational at best since they are spec specific. I already carry around 3 sigils, only 1 of which being fully epic. Not worth it imo, I'd say its more worth it to spend sourcestones on sigils of a particular element or something so you can survive raid AoE's lol

My sigil has 5 epic lessers all with str,dex,crit and resists and one greater (42 crit proc). The lessers also cost 10 inscribed sourcestone. I don't have Strangling Vines and I'm contemplating going full 6 lessers. Another 15str, 15dex, 17crit and 14 life resist will give me more static dps on ALL of my abilities and I get resists for Greenscale's Blight. The 50 Inscribed Sourcestone greaters will only benefit you for that specific soul ability. It just does not make sense to use any of them.

Bad design flaw Trion. GG.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 05-31-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Telaran

For clerics there is only a single one that MAY be worth it over a lesser (the one that boosts group heals by about 52, don't have the exact number right now). The one that procs a heal off Strike of Judgment could have been good, but has too low a proc rate and overall the healing received from it is minor. The other essences are even worse. In every situation except the one, you are better off putting lesser essences into the slot than these very specific greaters as the overall boost in stats will give you more mileage than the greaters will. It's almost as if it's a trap and 50 inscribed sourcestones currently takes a over 7 weeks to achieve if you do the raid rifts daily. Those 50 stones can be used for an (almost) full resist set for Hammerknell.

There is also one good for mage (the Archon one) and as far as I've heard the rogue and warrior ones are all awful compared to an epic lesser in that slot.

All completely useless for Warriors.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

I've found the eruption of life greater to be worth it. 4 swings instead of 3 on EoL. I went from 90-100dps on EoL to 125ish dps on EoL after the greater. I don't think any lesser would give you a 25dps boost.

Bump.

Trion, you need to hire new itemization designers. Those greater stones defy any human logic!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aldo View Post
    I've found the eruption of life greater to be worth it. 4 swings instead of 3 on EoL. I went from 90-100dps on EoL to 125ish dps on EoL after the greater. I don't think any lesser would give you a 25dps boost.
    I still disagree. Doing the math (taking into account Cleric's spell power ratios) a lesser in that slot should give you around a 20dps increase counting the crit, spell power from int, spell power from wisdom, and static spell power on the items, the cleric's overall ratios from spell power, and talents that increase these ratios.

So you are trading off for about 5 extra DPS and losing out on A LOT of flexibility gained from having a lesser essence and a resist for raiding. It's a bad trade off at 5 times the cost of a greater essence. I don't really think 5 DPS is worth losing an extra 2% effective mitigation on spells from a particular boss or flexibility in more spells than Eruption of Life (what if you can't stay in melee constantly on a particular encounter so you'll loss effective DPS on EoL which you would have gained on using a lesser using a skill like Bombard on that encounter?).

Telaran

Yea I agree these need a serious buff.

Its not even worth it to do raid rifts after you get each spec with different decked out sigils.

All of the warrior ones are a horrible except for the BM one which gives a marginal dps increase compared to a 10IS lesser. But it's maybe 5% better than a lesser 10IS essence. I'm not saying it should be 5x better cause it costs 5x as much but even this essence needs a serious upgrade.

Telaran

Greater Essences should be better than Lessers just by the name alone. One potential solution is to give the greater essences lesser stats and their effects. Nerf the effects as needed, as they should be very minor increases, but it will at least get people wanting to put specific greaters in a slot over a lesser.

The only good Cleric lesser is the purifier one, for Mages its the Archon one. I dont know about Warriors and Rogues but the result seems to be the same. They need a serious overhaul to the way the lesser's proc and their actual effects as well as how we earn inscribed sourcestone (but that another issue). Cause all that effort seems to be for nought.
    Last edited by Uiin; 05-31-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Champion

I use EoL essence as well...its more dps than a lesser from sourcestones/raid rift drop...even if by just a little...and it scales with your gear...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast