+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mage Single Target DPS

Rift Disciple

Default Mage Single Target DPS

Mage Single Target DPS needs to be buffed, it frustrates me that every other soul has higher single target dps in PVE, and as a raid leader makes me not want to bring mages in our mage heavy guild to raids.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kurushii View Post
    Mage Single Target DPS needs to be buffed, it frustrates me that every other soul has higher single target dps in PVE, and as a raid leader makes me not want to bring mages in our mage heavy guild to raids.
    A) Mages need no buffs

B) Go post this in the correct forum sub-category

You know, there probably is a reason why your guild is mage heavy, and it's not that they need buffs.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Rift Disciple

No this belongs here. I have posted the same sentiment before that mage single target damage needs a buff or lower cleric and warrior single target dps damage. We are running Gilded Prophecy with clerics ~950 dps, warriors ~870, mages are lucky to break 700. Our mages are very experienced players and know their classes and rotations.

What? ..........What?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SigNu View Post
    No this belongs here. I have posted the same sentiment before that mage single target damage needs a buff or lower cleric and warrior single target dps damage. We are running Gilded Prophecy with clerics ~950 dps, warriors ~870, mages are lucky to break 700. Our mages are very experienced players and know their classes and rotations.
    clearly isnt enough. Mages pull dps just fine. Gilded prophecy is just not friendly for dpsers with cast bars since you are constantly needing to pay attention to other things. Tell your mages to come to my server, we always raid with 3-4 mages and like 7-9 rogues. it makes me cry

Rift Disciple

While I do agree that mage dps is slightly lacking in raid environments: I can pull 1050 single target so the numbers aren't quite as bad as you are showing. A good rogue, however, always pulls 1300+ and I'm really just unsure how I can compete with that.

More to the point, i'd like more mage souls to be viable for raid dps.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sivlin View Post
    While I do agree that mage dps is slightly lacking in raid environments: I can pull 1050 single target so the numbers aren't quite as bad as you are showing. A good rogue, however, always pulls 1300+ and I'm really just unsure how I can compete with that.

More to the point, i'd like more mage souls to be viable for raid dps.
    ideally every raid should be 5 warrior 5 rogue 5 cleric 5 mages. reason we run so many rogues is not because we want more dps, its cause we lack warriors/mages that show up. always 2-4 showing up from both classes.

Anyone remember melee classes whined so hard that bosses were melee unfriendly and they had to nerf bosses?

Maybe mages should start whining how jumping, running, and other crap kill mage dps. (just a joke in response to melee whining)

More seriously, the mechanics of 3rd and last boss in GP probably lower mage dps. But your mages should still do top dps in RoS and Greenscale.

Mage souls do need to be looked at so DPS mage has more viable raiding souls as rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Anyone remember melee classes whined so hard that bosses were melee unfriendly and they had to nerf bosses?

Maybe mages should start whining how jumping, running, and other crap kill mage dps. (just a joke in response to melee whining)

More seriously, the mechanics of 3rd and last boss in GP probably lower mage dps. But your mages should still do top dps in RoS and Greenscale.

Mage souls do need to be looked at so DPS mage has more viable raiding souls as rogues.
    Rogues have 6 dps roles, 1 tank, 1 support
    Warriors have 4 tank roles, 1 support/dps, 3 dps
    Mages have 1 heal role, 1 support, 5 dps, and 1 wtf is this even for role (dominator)
    Clerics have 3 heal roles, 4 dps roles, 1 tank role.

If anything, rogues have the least variety in utility and needs to dumb down the dps roles, not the other way around and have the other 3 souls bumped up to 6 dps roles.

Mage Tank role anyone? we need a new tank role to point and laugh at.
    Last edited by TenkenFlux; 05-31-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post

Agreed. Mages need runcasting, and pyro warlock and necro all need a healthy DPS boost. Then things will be more fair.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Mage single target dps is just fine. The easy rotations only nets you about 75% of your potential dps for Stormcaller/Elementialist. I can do 1500+ single target with a mixture of t2/t3.

The rotation is the most complicated in Rift if you include Building Storm, Lightning Strikes, and Arctic Blasts with the proper timings for the best dps. Check out the mage forum, there are threads detailing the rotation. I won't hold your hand.

edit: GP mechanics are pretty mage unfriendly though, I will give you that. The boss with jumping over quakes and **** is so irritating because half the time electrify stacks fall off killing my dps.
    Last edited by ethix; 05-31-2011 at 10:30 AM.
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SigNu View Post
    No, the truth is that your mages suck. My 0-raid gear mage can easily hit 850 with buffs, and I've gotten nearly 1000 in a T2 before (aka less buffs than you have in a raid).
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

I wish they change Dominator to be a truely mezzer, which can charm a mob and tank for him.

In fact, mage does have tank build, can tank a bit but not everything tho.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tearofsouls View Post
    I wish they change Dominator to be a truely mezzer, which can charm a mob and tank for him.

In fact, mage does have tank build, can tank a bit but not everything tho.
    Tank needs more than "i can tank damage"

They need taunts and threat generation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast