+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two things that need to change soon.

Default Two things that need to change soon.

1) LFG needs to go cross-server, and soon. The queue times for non-T2s in most cases is just obscenely long, and most people are forced to LFM in various channels.

2) Drop rates for T2 epics is way, way too low. For example in 20 DSM runs, we were unlucky enough to get maybe 3 epics other than from Plutonus. In about 20 CC runs, I have never seen the BoE shield drop for my tank. This could all be me just hating on the drop rates, but it makes what is already a grind to gear up into a much less satisfying experience, enough that many people I know are turning away from the game all together. (Note, specifically targeting the drops that can not be equally met with a purchase from the elder relic vendor.)

Rift Chaser

Agree 100% withe cross shard LFG.We are in 2011 ffs not in the 1990.Just need to have a option to either LFG cross shard or server only so both party are happy.

I disagree.

The LFG dungeon tool has allowed me to meet more people while also recognizing people I play with. I personally think it gives a good community feel and feel a cross-server LFD tool will ruin that. I agree the queue times may be long but I have only noticed this during the early morning and early afternoon. When the population is higher during the night, the queue times are great!

Why don't you do something with your time like close rifts while you are queued? Standing around will certainly make the time drag.

As for T2 drops; I think a very very small adjustment to increasing the rate will be good but nothing more. I think T2 drops should be something worked hard for and not so easily handed out. T2 dungeons are easy now and they don't take as long to complete them. If you are constantly wiping on bosses or it is taking to a long time to finish the dungeons, you probably need a better group.
    Last edited by StChoch; 05-31-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Plane Walker

you seem to have difficulty being able to spot whats NECESSARY and what you WOULD LIKE...

I'll give you some examples:

what's NECESSARY is something such as the current issue of cleric tanking being somewhat fail (no-one can deny this as to main tank in a raid clerics need to out-gear the instance).

what you WOULD LIKE is something such as making cross-server LFG tool and more epic items.

please consider these things before making silly demands...

T2s are super easy now and have a garunteed drop and your still complaining? Just can't please some people.

Imo having LFG not cross shard makes runs more enjoyable, your not just playing with random people you most likely won't see again. If you can't find runs then that's what a guild is for.

Like the above poster said I'd rather see changes that are more urgent and necessary.
    Canasian

i can understand making the t2 weapons, necklaces, ect, rare drops in t2. But it seems pointless making good armor so rare. It is very possible to get full t2 vender armor before getting a single piece of t2 epic armor from the t2's and the purple armor drops are almost always inferior to the vender armor. More work for worse armor doesn't make any sense. either buff the armor that drops in t2's stats or buff its drop rate.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Quote Originally Posted by twistinthunder View Post
    you seem to have difficulty being able to spot whats NECESSARY and what you WOULD LIKE...

I'll give you some examples:

what's NECESSARY is something such as the current issue of cleric tanking being somewhat fail (no-one can deny this as to main tank in a raid clerics need to out-gear the instance).

what you WOULD LIKE is something such as making cross-server LFG tool and more epic items.

please consider these things before making silly demands...

lol. horrible example for what is necessary. If cleric healers needed to outgear raids to heal them, it would be necessary to address the issue. I would say rogue dps is a must be addressed, but with the way rogues and warrior's are in this game, it seems like trion has their roles switched from the traditional philosophy, inwhich case they're fine.

queue times are a real problem. It isn't the biggest problem i have with the game currently, but i'm not going to call someone a moron for considering it one of their biggest problems with the game.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Atavax View Post
    lol. horrible example for what is necessary. If cleric healers needed to outgear raids to heal them, it would be necessary to address the issue.

due to the fact that you could just use a warrior or rogue? i have news for you "mate" not everyone wants to be a warrior or a rogue, what's the point in saying that a class can do something when in actuality it cannot do it to the expectancy of the player-base....
    Last edited by twistinthunder; 05-31-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Sez

the expectancy of the player-base....
    Oh the fun I could have playing off that quote.

Do you have any idea what the actual expectancy of the "player-base" is?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Oh the fun I could have playing off that quote.
    GO WILD!

..I'm genuinely interested in this "fun" you could have with my quote...

..seriously...

...please?..

Sez

GO WILD!

..I'm genuinely interested in this "fun" you could have with my quote...

..seriously...

...please?..
    You're at work too??? Ok heres we go!

The expectancy of the player base:

1. I will be Unique in a game that should be completely balanced
    2. Random number generatiors will always roll MY number
    3. PvP is balanced when I win 9 out of 10 times
    4. Loot that is purple should be common
    5. <Stupid Idea> should be put into the game, BECAUSE I SAID SO
    6. There are no consequences for me making a mistake.
    7. Anything that goes wrong is Trion's fault
    8. If I do have a problem, the creator of the game should show up at my house with muffins, and fix the problem using my computer, while making me tea (cuz you can't have muffins without fresh tea, duh)
    9. Nerf Rock, paper is Bla bla bla We all know what that's about
    10. No matter how my armor looks, it looks dumb, and should be fixed
    11. All weapons should glow
    12. Money should be easy to get, but AH prices should always be low.

Feel free to list your own.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Varagar View Post
    1) LFG needs to go cross-server, and soon. The queue times for non-T2s in most cases is just obscenely long, and most people are forced to LFM in various channels.
    no absolutely not. the LFG tool already ruined the dungeons dont make them cross server and ruin the community too.

(FWIW i like the LFG too, use it all the time, just not the nerfed dungeons)
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Varagar View Post

Fact.

WTB Cross-Server LFD Tool. Shouldn't have to sit in a Q for over 30 minutes on an over-populated server as a tank; thanks.

And by over-populated I mean, I had to sit in a Q to log in, after waiting nearly an hour.
    Last edited by Zulze; 05-31-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    2x 50 Clerics | Shatterbone
    50 Mage | Rocklift

Re-Roll : Rogue | Briarcliff |

Soulwalker

I'm quite new and noticed the crazy queues already. Cross realm lfg would be nice. There's rarely any groups through the current lfg tool even queued as healer. So I guess 1 problem is a lank of tanks on lower level instances and also a lack of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulze View Post
    Fact.

WTB Cross-Server LFD Tool. Shouldn't have to sit in a Q for over 30 minutes on an over-populated server as a tank; thanks.

And by over-populated I mean, I had to sit in a Q to log in, after waiting nearly an hour.
    Its already been established that the capacity of the servers at the moment isn't very high. Do what a lot of people do and run with guild members and you're life will be a lot easier.
    Canasian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast