+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: xCC - Jultharin issue

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

Default xCC - Jultharin issue

Hello,

My guild went into xCC recently, and had an issue with Jultharin.

Basically, the fight went as normal, we dpsed him down, however, our DPS wasn't quite there,and we had him to like 200 hps when the lightning got to us. We got knocked over the cliff, however, Jultharin followed our tank over the side, and he died durring the fall from dots. He didn't reach his leash (reset) point before dying, so his body fell down further and landed half way down the cliff. Needless to say, we were un able to loot it after many attempts of committing suicide off the cliff.

I think this name needs to have a chest like some of the other named in other zones, to avoid having a body stuck on a cliff.

We put in a petition for the plaques and loot but never heard from a GM. We bugged it as well but I thought I'd post here too.
    Last edited by Starseeker; 05-31-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

Don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but I don't suppose you have a vid of your lemming looting attempts?

Sword of Telara

this has got to be a one-in-a-million situation, though like he above poster a vid of you guys jumping to your doom would be appreciated

Ascendant

You can't right click the body just before you die to get the loot? (well not the plaques obv)

Lol no I didn't even think about youtubing it, although it would have been great.

I think I died 15 times we even poped a healer. It sucked. And no unfortunately the cliff kinda concave under the ledge, so even when we jumped off we couldn't loot going by. It was one of those "maybe I can get it this time!" moments.

Just wish weird things like this wouldn't be possible, and that's why I'm posting about it

Sez

The guy is a joke now... 2 guys doing 600dps should have him down no problem.

I think trion should implement a patch to make your dps guys hit harder... or spec correctly.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Thanks for your input.

What our dps is or isn't doesn't really matter. Usually we kill this guy with no issues.

What does matter is that the guy can be killed while air born making it impossible to loot.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Starseeker View Post
    What does matter is that the guy can be killed while air born making it impossible to loot.
    I understand your concern. I am just not a fan of training wheels, invisible walls, and other things to prevent the chaos theory.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Not sure how you "poped a healer" but again, need vid of it.
    Thanks I needed that.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

We had this happen to us long, long ago.

Lucky me I'm a rogue tank... set my teleport spot on the edge of the cliff, jumped down and looted it and ported back up.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Knowing Trions way of fixing things, they would probably stop the lazers before the edge so you couldn't get knocked down :>
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 06-01-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Starseeker View Post
    We got knocked over the cliff, however, Jultharin followed our tank over the side, and he died durring the fall from dots. He didn't reach his leash (reset) point before dying, so his body fell down further and landed half way down the cliff. Needless to say, we were un able to loot it after many attempts of committing suicide off the cliff.
    This same thing happened to a group I went with, though he must have landed in a better position for us because one of us was able to get to the corpse and loot it. (Not that we didn't incur several deaths trying to get there, of course!) The rest of us filed petitions to get our plaques, and I don't know how that turned out for the others in the group, but I got mine the very next day.

Rift Disciple

Was having a hell hole on him today. Was my first time in cc, got true all other bosses easily with guild, they had experience and I had read up on all tactics. I was monitoring the dps on the attempts. I had 420dps in my ****ty mix of blues and epic pvp items, they had 580 and 520 orso, and a tank doing 200.(support went dps obviously). Yet we whiped on 7k and 9k hp on the bastard. Dunno if the better geared guys aren't very good with their rotation or didn't bother to check their gear. But it's a joke that you can que for random t2 if you can't manage a boss due to lack of dps. Fact you even need support to have a dps spec to manage is just sad.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zeradin View Post
    Was having a hell hole on him today. Was my first time in cc, got true all other bosses easily with guild, they had experience and I had read up on all tactics. I was monitoring the dps on the attempts. I had 420dps in my ****ty mix of blues and epic pvp items, they had 580 and 520 orso, and a tank doing 200.(support went dps obviously). Yet we whiped on 7k and 9k hp on the bastard. Dunno if the better geared guys aren't very good with their rotation or didn't bother to check their gear. But it's a joke that you can que for random t2 if you can't manage a boss due to lack of dps. Fact you even need support to have a dps spec to manage is just sad.
    I've read your post 5 times, I still don't know what it says. You don't like that you can queue for a dungeon you can't 1 shot everything? The DPS check is really low on that boss.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 06-03-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

Not a matter of one shotting. we had 10-15attempts without getting anywhere. the fight itself is a joke, it's a pure dps race, healing was no issue. We used scrolls and flasks and guild banner. But we couldn't get him down in time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast