+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WTB T3 5mans

Default WTB T3 5mans

I miss the old challenge of T2 5mans, they were fun and rewarding. I understand the need to nerf the current experts so people can be raid ready.

Why not make a new set of T3 5mans that are truly challenging? Something that requires full T2 gear to even have a chance, it would also be nice to ramp people up for Hammerknell.
    Last edited by grimshi; 05-30-2011 at 12:22 PM.

I'm really hoping they have either new T3 dungeons in store for the hammerknell patch, or revamped old 5 man versions. They really need to change the name too; they are a far cry from any definition of "Expert" that I know of, particularly the english version's.

They will.

New 5-man dungeons will eventually be released, which will be over-tuned to the max. After awhile, these will be nerfed into oblivion so that the challenge seekers had fun and the casuals can get the gear.

This is very typical. The only problem with this is that Trion forgot to release new content prior to nerfing existing content, so they left a gap that has not yet been filled.

Each content patch that comes down the pipe will nerf existing content and over-tune new content. This will continue until the end of time. The cycle of gear continues.

I predict that T1/T2 will be merged into a single queue. T2 requirements will dip down to T1 requirements.
    T3 5-man's will come out.

Hammerknell will also be released, at the expense of GsB & RoS being nerfed to allow anyone stuck on a roadblock to pass.

Hammerknell will be over-tuned to all hell.
    Last edited by Redrowen; 05-30-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    PVP: R8
    GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | HK 4/10 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | RotP 1/4

Plane Walker

No absolutely not. Why would they release a 5 man that gives you gear ready for the last tier of raiding? They absolutely will not. That completely defeats the purpose of having Raids drop T3 gear.

That would be like having Vanilla WoW, when AQ40 came out they add a 5 man that gives you T2 gear....

They put in a 10 man that gives the exact same level gear as the 20 mans, except no Relic drops. Which I am sure they will add because sooo many people will QQ. I mean what more do you want?

Oh I guess you do want 5 man's dropping Raid gear.....They put in a 10 man that gives the same gear. Why not just be happy with that? Why cry more for 5 man content to give raid gear? Are people not going to be happy until they can get raid gear from a 1 man instance good lord.

It would be better for them to add 5 mans, keep all epic drops the same as now for the current 5 mans. And add more epic drops and plaques from harder T2's.
    Last edited by KetMalice; 05-30-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    No absolutely not. Why would they release a 5 man that gives you gear ready for the last tier of raiding? They absolutely will not. That completely defeats the purpose of having Raids drop T3 gear.

That would be like having Vanilla WoW, when AQ40 came out they add a 5 man that gives you T2 gear....

They put in a 10 man that gives the exact same level gear as the 20 mans, except no Relic drops. Which I am sure they will add because sooo many people will QQ. I mean what more do you want?

Oh I guess you do want 5 man's dropping Raid gear.....They put in a 10 man that gives the same gear. Why not just be happy with that? Why cry more for 5 man content to give raid gear? Are people not going to be happy until they can get raid gear from a 1 man instance good lord.
    Not sure what got you so upset, but you should relax a little.

Well it is possible to make 5 mans challenging, I'm sure they can make them as difficult as the games current 10 man raids. I'm not really looking for free loot, however I would like something to do on a more difficult level other then the 9 hours a week my guild is raiding.
    Last edited by grimshi; 05-30-2011 at 12:53 PM.

It would be better for them to add 5 mans, keep all epic drops the same as now for the current 5 mans. And add more epic drops and plaques from harder T2's.
    Once Hammerknell is released, you'll be sharding your hard earned epics from GsB & RoS. So, if these new 5 mans drop GsB & RoS quality goods all it really does is help those who haven't started raiding get caught up to current content, or make previous content (RoS / GsB) more accessible to PuG. Not everybody wants to join a guild and fall into a raid schedule, so it fits those people.

CLEARLY more 5 man content will be released... because it's CONTENT. They don't care at all what level gear you get from running it, so long as everybody who wants to see a new 5man is happily running it. Besides, if it's just 1-2 item upgrades available for each class/soul combination you still need to raid to get the rest.

Do not expect this game to turn into 10/25 man content only.
    Last edited by Redrowen; 05-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Plane Walker

Because I don't want to see RIFT become WoW free loot fest. It's a slippery slope. People whine that they don't have time for a 20 man raid and they like to keep things small. They add a 10 man with same raid loot. A month later they whine that they don't have time for a 10 man and they like to keep things small. They add a 5 man with the same loot. Adding an easy 10 man that has the same loot is a bit ballsy for RIFT to do.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Redrowen View Post
    Once Hammerknell is released, you'll be sharding your hard earned epics from GsB & RoS. So, if these new 5 mans drop GsB & RoS quality goods all it really does is help those who haven't started raiding get caught up to current content, or make previous content (RoS / GsB) more accessible to PuG. Not everybody wants to join a guild and fall into a raid schedule, so it fits those people.

CLEARLY more 5 man content will be released... because it's CONTENT. They don't care at all what level gear you get from running it, so long as everybody who wants to see a new 5man is happily running it. Besides, if it's just 1-2 item upgrades available for each class/soul combination you still need to raid to get the rest.

Do not expect this game to turn into 10/25 man content only.
    You are exactly right man. But not everyone that doesn't want to join a guild or fall into a raid schedule deserves to get that raid loot. And that is based on a time standpoint. Coordinating people in terrible gear to kill bosses, spending hours learning bosses to get the kills. There was a reward for the time invested, Raid T3 gear.

I don't expect this to be 10/20 man content only. I expect them not to give people raid level gear from a 5 man, that would let them enter the current raid tier....

Because I don't want to see RIFT become WoW free loot fest. It's a slippery slope. People whine that they don't have time for a 20 man raid and they like to keep things small. They add a 10 man with same raid loot. A month later they whine that they don't have time for a 10 man and they like to keep things small. They add a 5 man with the same loot. Adding an easy 10 man that has the same loot is a bit ballsy for RIFT to do.
    You are exactly right man. But not everyone that doesn't want to join a guild or fall into a raid schedule deserves to get that raid loot. And that is based on a time standpoint. Coordinating people in terrible gear to kill bosses, spending hours learning bosses to get the kills. There was a reward for the time invested, Raid T3 gear.

I don't expect this to be 10/20 man content only. I expect them not to give people raid level gear from a 5 man, that would let them enter the current raid tier....
    It could be that the T3 dungeons may require you to be T3 geared PRIOR to running them... So if you aren't already 300 Hit/Focus, 200 Toughness you'll get your face *****. The rewards for running will be T3.5, gear thats above GsB/RoS but behind Hammerknell.

If they make any new 5-mans easy, it defeats the purpose.

Just to be clear as well, I don't ***WANT*** to see 5 man remove any reason to raiding. I like raiding, actually at the moment it's about the only thing left in Rifts that I still look forward to on a weekly basis. I enjoy the people in the guild, I enjoy the content and I look forward to continuing. 5-man's are something I enjoy"ED" doing when they took a little though and effort, but now I just can't stand the tedium of hold forward and click the win button.

I do not want to see T3 5-mans become the EZMODE to skipping content, I just want something that's challenging on a daily basis, not a 1-2 night a week basis.
    Last edited by Redrowen; 05-30-2011 at 01:13 PM.

General of Telara

Yeah challenging 5 man content would be great again lol. But if they are adding more 10 mans soon then I'll settle for that as well

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redrowen View Post
    Once Hammerknell is released, you'll be sharding your hard earned epics from GsB & RoS.
    There are 500+ level 50s on my faction and server. I think there are 4 guilds who run raids.

Less than 20% of the players care in the slightest about hammerknell. The rest of us would like some new 5 mans and warfronts.

Champion

I'd be much happier if they released content that I can run more than once a week as well.

Shield of Telara

/signed...10char

Plane Walker

when did anyone say they'd have to drop raid gear? granted the word T3 was used but i was thinking along the lines of T2.5 gear (from raid rifts)...

..or (just a thought) what would you think about them adding 10-man T1/2 content, dropping T1/2 gear but with an increased plaque reward + difficulty?
    Last edited by twistinthunder; 05-30-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grimshi View Post
    I miss the old challenge of T2 5mans, they were fun and rewarding. I understand the need to nerf the current experts so people can be raid ready.

Why not make a new set of T3 5mans that are truly challenging? Something that requires full T2 gear to even have a chance, it would also be nice to ramp people up for Hammerknell.
    You better have those T3's nerfed from the start or you will have tons of people crying.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast