+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Why are rogue T3 drops equal to glyph gear while warrior drops are terrible?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default Why are rogue T3 drops equal to glyph gear while warrior drops are terrible?

    Doing a quick comparison of the DPS gear drops in the three raid instances, you get the following:

    Helm: Rogues have an excellent helm (Letareus' Frenzy) which drops off the first GSB boss. It roughly equivalent to the glyph bought leather helm (Durnes' Pillaging Hood). Warriors have no DPS helm in any T3 instance.

    Shoulders: The best in slot leather shoulders are the drop from Oracle Aleria (Werewolf Hide Shoulders). They're even better than the glyph bought stuff (Durnes' Shoulderpads). Meanwhile the warrior shoulder drop (Pauldrons of the Kingslayer) are significantly worse than the glyph gear (Dhel's Shoulderpads).

    Chest: The best in slot rogue chest drops off the second boss in GSB (Johlen's Ballistic Vest). It is better than the glyph equivalent (Durne's Chest). Warrior DPS chest (Soul Cipher Carapace) drops off Plutonus and is much much worse than our glyph equivalent (Dhel's Breastplate), by a big margin. It isn't even really any better than the T2 plaque piece (Legionnaire Breastplate).

    Gloves: The best in slot rogue gloves drop off Alsbeth (Death's Grip). Again they are better than the glyph (Durnes' Gloves). The warrior drop (Dragon Bone Grips) is once again worse than the glyph by a massive margin (Dhel's gauntlets).

    Boots: There are no DPS rogue boots as far as I can see. This is one of the only spots with minimal discrepancy between the glyph and dropped gear for warriors.

    Legs: Minimal discrepancy here too.

    That is a pretty huge deal though. Rogues can get best in slot from both drops and glyphs, whereas warriors are almost totally reliant on glyphed gear. I'm not sure why this is the case as the formula for distributing stats should be the same across multiple types of gear, resulting in equity across all armor types, but that appears to not be the case.

    Combine this with the massive imbalance in the loot tables in general and it's not very fun to be a warrior at the moment.
    Last edited by Andykay; 05-30-2011 at 08:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    You think crit's everything?

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    It's not about crit. Did you even look at the items? This isn't me debating the value of various stats for various classes and whining that dex is better for warriors than str. It's a pure, by the numbers approach.

    Look at the shoulders. The glyph has 12 attack power, the drop has none. The drop has marginally more crit but less dex so it's even in that regard. It also has slightly less str. Net result? A whole lot more attack power and the same crit for the glyph.

    Then look at the chest. The glyph is better in every way. It has the same dex, more str, more crit and it has attack power on it.

    The same is true of the other comparisons I made.
    Last edited by Andykay; 05-30-2011 at 08:58 AM.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    It's the same way for pretty much all classes. I don't think we know GP's full loot table yet, there is probably a helm in it.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Don't warriors take leather gear anyway?

    Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    It's the same way for pretty much all classes. I don't think we know GP's full loot table yet, there is probably a helm in it.
    But it's not the same. That's the point. Most of the best in slot gear for rogues seems to be dropped. And if it's not best in slot it's at least on par with the glyphs. But not so for warriors. There's two dropped pieces of armor in total that are upgrades for DPS warriors. The rest is essentially useless. So we rely on glyphs, rogues don't. Unsure how this translates across to the other two classes as i'm not really adept at assessing their gear, but i'd be surprised if either of them are in nearly as bad shape as DPS warriors.

    And as for taking leather, my guild's not handing out leather to warriors when there's plenty of rogues who can still use it. I wouldn't want to take it either when they have no option and I at least have a choice (regardless of how ****ty that choice may be).

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    453

    Default

    rofl, those helms aren't equal.

    not only that but actually by your logic those warrior shoulderplates ARE actually pretty equal.
    Last edited by twistinthunder; 05-30-2011 at 10:03 AM.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Perhaps you're right, looking more closely. But the gap still isn't as big as it is on most of the warrior gear.
    Last edited by Andykay; 05-30-2011 at 10:08 AM.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andykay View Post
    But it's not the same. That's the point. Most of the best in slot gear for rogues seems to be dropped. And if it's not best in slot it's at least on par with the glyphs. But not so for warriors. There's two dropped pieces of armor in total that are upgrades for DPS warriors. The rest is essentially useless. So we rely on glyphs, rogues don't. Unsure how this translates across to the other two classes as i'm not really adept at assessing their gear, but i'd be surprised if either of them are in nearly as bad shape as DPS warriors.

    And as for taking leather, my guild's not handing out leather to warriors when there's plenty of rogues who can still use it. I wouldn't want to take it either when they have no option and I at least have a choice (regardless of how ****ty that choice may be).
    What I am saying though is Mage and Cleric, the BiS is T3. I am pretty sure all classes T3 is BiS. And even if some BiS is better for some classes, great man, that means the people that it's BiS will get it sooner.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Crimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andykay View Post
    Most of the best in slot gear for rogues seems to be dropped. And if it's not best in slot it's at least on par with the glyphs.
    Completely incorrect. Glyph gear blows drops out of the water for rogues. All best in slot PvE gear.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    You seem to have it backwards. Rogue BiS gear is all glyph(save perhaps the pvp gloves). Warriors are the ones that get absurdly good drop pants from GP. The pants there give 13 AP AND 24 pcrit. Rogues have a dps pants drop from the same instance but it only gives 16 AP.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Heynrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andykay View Post
    Doing a quick comparison of the DPS gear drops in the three raid instances, you get the following:

    Helm: Rogues have an excellent helm (Letareus' Frenzy) which drops off the first GSB boss. It roughly equivalent to the glyph bought leather helm (Durnes' Pillaging Hood). Warriors have no DPS helm in any T3 instance.

    Shoulders: The best in slot leather shoulders are the drop from Oracle Aleria (Werewolf Hide Shoulders). They're even better than the glyph bought stuff (Durnes' Shoulderpads). Meanwhile the warrior shoulder drop (Pauldrons of the Kingslayer) are significantly worse than the glyph gear (Dhel's Shoulderpads).

    Chest: The best in slot rogue chest drops off the second boss in GSB (Johlen's Ballistic Vest). It is better than the glyph equivalent (Durne's Chest). Warrior DPS chest (Soul Cipher Carapace) drops off Plutonus and is much much worse than our glyph equivalent (Dhel's Breastplate), by a big margin. It isn't even really any better than the T2 plaque piece (Legionnaire Breastplate).

    Gloves: The best in slot rogue gloves drop off Alsbeth (Death's Grip). Again they are better than the glyph (Durnes' Gloves). The warrior drop (Dragon Bone Grips) is once again worse than the glyph by a massive margin (Dhel's gauntlets).

    Boots: There are no DPS rogue boots as far as I can see. This is one of the only spots with minimal discrepancy between the glyph and dropped gear for warriors.

    Legs: Minimal discrepancy here too.

    That is a pretty huge deal though. Rogues can get best in slot from both drops and glyphs, whereas warriors are almost totally reliant on glyphed gear. I'm not sure why this is the case as the formula for distributing stats should be the same across multiple types of gear, resulting in equity across all armor types, but that appears to not be the case.

    Combine this with the massive imbalance in the loot tables in general and it's not very fun to be a warrior at the moment.


    plate helm : herald
    Rogue DPS boots : herald


    if you wanna complain go look at the glyphed mage gear vs drops... oh wait needs to drop first... last 4 weeks we got 1 mage item gloves off plutonus!!!
    Last edited by Heynrich; 05-31-2011 at 12:30 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Master devilryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    605

    Default

    OP has a point.

    I'm a warrior. I'll not go into Warriors rolling on leather but if you look at some of the leather drops versus plate it's a joke.

    I picked up the Plate DPS Belt from GP yesterday. it's a bet 3 crit increase compared to T2 Plaque belt. Surely that's a joke right? Look at Xanadu drop of the Rgoue DPS Belt at GP and tell me which one is better. Rogue belt is far better than GP Plate belt, T2 leather Belt, and T2 Plate belt.

    Seriously, come on. It's just telling warriors to roll on leather. at least make sure all warrior gear has far superior AP. and all "upgrades" from raids are superior than the previous tier and/or comparable to same tier plaque gear.

    Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devilryuji View Post
    OP has a point.

    I'm a warrior. I'll not go into Warriors rolling on leather but if you look at some of the leather drops versus plate it's a joke.

    I picked up the Plate DPS Belt from GP yesterday. it's a bet 3 crit increase compared to T2 Plaque belt. Surely that's a joke right? Look at Xanadu drop of the Rgoue DPS Belt at GP and tell me which one is better. Rogue belt is far better than GP Plate belt, T2 leather Belt, and T2 Plate belt.

    Seriously, come on. It's just telling warriors to roll on leather. at least make sure all warrior gear has far superior AP. and all "upgrades" from raids are superior than the previous tier and/or comparable to same tier plaque gear.
    Rogue belt from gp has 21 pcrit. Warrior belt from RoS focus has 21 pcrit. Problem?

  15. #15
    Telaran Vyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Trollolololololol xD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts