+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ETA for Hammerknell

RIFT Guide Writer

Default ETA for Hammerknell

We've had Greenscale and River of Souls on farm for a while now and essentially we are just waiting for something new to do. So is there any estimate on when Hammerknell will be put into the game?

Koe

You do realize the vast majority of people haven't set foot into RoS, and on a lesser exent GSB?

Have you done the 10-man? You don't have that mentioned, but I assume you do.

Keep farming and stop demanding content as YOU can clear it, because you are in the vast minority.

Edit: It will be put in when they deem it as finished, with a little marketing timer on the side.
    Last edited by Koe; 05-30-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

RIFT Guide Writer

I don't count myself as being in that small of a minority. Rift is a raiding game first and foremost and the raids we have now have been cleared by a very large number of guilds already and the number is growing all the time. In a month probably every guild on my server that actually raids has cleared both. Also I was not demanding it to be put into the game now, I just would want to know some kind of estimate when there will be new 20-man content again.

Telaran

HMMMMM.... and here i thought Rift was an mmorpg. guess i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by redneck259 View Post
    HMMMMM.... and here i thought Rift was an mmorpg. guess i was wrong.
    you are right. But what's the best part of rift? Raids. That's why ppl call rift a raiding game. Without the raids, me and many others would have already quit.

Telaran

well for me it happens to be the friends i've made. the raids are good ill give you that, but the friends are the reason i'm here.

Plane Touched

Raids are all Rift has left after the gimping of the 5 mans. They used to be fun even when overgeared. Now they are so easy and boring that I can't stand doing them.
    People use the words "casual" and "bad" interchangeably, when in reality we should not. A casual player in an mmo is someone who plays the game but due to outside events cannot play it for long periods of time. A bad is a player who stands in the fire, ignores boss mechanics, complains about the former, makes nonsensical statements, wants to be pandered to, and all around tanks most mmos.

Its like if I pay to take a college course that I know is supposed to be hard and instead of taking it, I complain and bother the professors that it is to hard. I dont study, I dont practice, I just complain. After all I am paying for the course so I should get an A+.

I have not see mmos go harder only easier. I dont think for a second that trion is "pandering to the casuals that ruin our games", no I think it is that trion is making mistakes and feels that the bads who play their game for 3 months and leave are worth more than those who play for the entirety of its life.

-Robertosaget

Shadowlander

Hmmm 3 raids as opposed to all the achievements, pvp, crafting, quests, rep grinds, and all the other things there is to do and Rift is a raiding game.......

I wouldn't expect it to come out for at least another month or two, being that the next WoW content patch is coming soon (2-3 weeks, plus another 2 weeks to clear it on normal mode and then hard mode).

Unless of course, they want RIFT to die.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    Hmmm 3 raids as opposed to all the achievements, pvp, crafting, quests, rep grinds, and all the other things there is to do and Rift is a raiding game.......
    Lmao, you call un-rewarding rep grinds, decentish PvP, horrible crafting, ACHIEVEMENTS (LOL) and lack of depth quests proper end game content?

Sure the PvP is ok, but what else is there to do other than 5 man grind and raids? o.0
    Last edited by Hexicz; 05-30-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer View Post
    ok you asked for this...
    - pvp: is decent atm imo, but nobody will start rift for pvp, obviously there's not enough variety / fun for that
    - crafting: even more obvious that nobody would start rift for the crafting, it's not fun and only needed for whetstones / vials that last through death
    - quests: are sometimes sort of fun the first time, and boring the second and after
    - rep grind: are you serious?
    - all other things: assuming you mean T1/T2/rifts here, once you got the tactics they're way too easy, no challenge at all and therefore no fun at all. Whenever something could be even considered hard, it gets nerfed, like the fire raid rift.

what's left is the raids. PvP / achievements could be considered as a filler in between raid times.

Shadowlander

Let me tell you something about our server.
    Just 1 guild has killed Lord Greenscale. (first kill just few weeks ago)
    We are about to kill him our first time this week hopefull.
    Nobody has finished River of Souls. Can't tell you how far they are.
    First finished 10man raid is maybe 2 - 3 weeks old i think.
    I don't know how it looks like on the Guardian side but i bet they are even more behind.
    Greetz from EU - Immerwacht .

I can understand that some guilds out of raid content, especially those who raid 4-5 times a week.

Our guild started raiding in the 3rd week of April although we are still learning Herold in RoS, we clear GSB in 2.5 hours and I know if in theory we could do it faster.
    Sometime in the next 2(?) weeks when we are able to kill all nameds in RoS, I assume we can do RoS in one evening as well. And then we will run out of content although we only raid 3 evenings a week.
    10 man content is nice but not a real alternative, it's what people should be able on non-raid evenings, since it does not require an entire raid team and splitting in 2 raids is not really an option unless you would keep the right setups for both teams.

I am not here to complain though, I am happy with the regular content patches we got so far. I would like to suggest though that raid zones become resettable after for example 3 or 4 days and automatically reset after 7 days (similar to EQ2).

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

General of Telara

Yeah I have no complaints with the amount of raiding content there is at the moment. My guild comfortably clears GSB, and sometimes we can do a bit of RoS right after. It would be nice if after a clear, the instance would reset 3 days later along with the global reset every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I don't count myself as being in that small of a minority. Rift is a raiding game first and foremost and the raids we have now have been cleared by a very large number of guilds already and the number is growing all the time. In a month probably every guild on my server that actually raids has cleared both. Also I was not demanding it to be put into the game now, I just would want to know some kind of estimate when there will be new 20-man content again.
    I think that until a shard wide poll is actually done, we won't know.
    Both side have valid arguments, most people have most people have no etc

But that isn't my point

all of us need to get on contact with Trion and get a real Gallop Style poll.

Grey since you make some claims you should help
    It's not winning that counts.
    It's making sure everyone else loses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast