+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Konstantine fight needs clearer ground effect animations

Rift Disciple

Default Konstantine fight needs clearer ground effect animations

After doing this fight again with my girlfriend, I realized that this fight has one hell of a learning curve to it, especially for the tank. I do not necessarily think that the fight is a hard fight, more so just tricky. Also, I am not asking that any of the mechanics be changed, solely that the ground animations be clearer to where the safe zones and unsafe zones to stand are.

Right now there are sparkles that float up in the spots that are safe to stand, but these sparkles are usually not very definitive on the fly on where to stand. Obviously, after you learn the pattern, having them tell you where to stand stops being an issue, but to a fresh 50 going in there, some better ground animations (such as a glow, or just more concise sparkles) would ease the learning curve a bit.

Thoughts?

Soulwalker

When air is coming out of the holes, that's the cue to move out into another of the patterns in the room. Tank is probably gonna get spiked no matter what.

Ascendant

Just stand on it.

It was only doing about 1k damage to my fresh 50 mage.

Or just learn to move.

Ascendant

Hint: The spikes are a safe spot

Prophet of Telara

Tanking this fight the first time it took 4 wipes to get it down. I have noticed recently since 1.2 that the spike cycles come a lot closer together sometimes to the point where 2x will be up at once or within .5 seconds of each other.
    The key is to run onto the spikes when they are up and tanking/mdps run to range/kite when he starts to channel.

protip: spikes only hurt the moment they pop out.

after that, they're effectively a safe area, you can stand in the spikes with no damage.

Plane Touched

protip #2: ignore the spikes and heal through it. They barely do damage.

Soulwalker

Not to be rude but this fight was easy pre 1.2 patch. There is a very clear and easy to avoid pattern to the spikes. So you can take a few steps to avoid them or just heal through it.

Rift Disciple

protip#3: Birds eye view camera angle

protip 2 ftw

One of the easiest fights.....seriously.

Shadowlander

As a Chloro healer, I try to avoid them when I can but normally I just heal through the damage. They don't hit that hard that often. The only real rub is the spell interrupt that occurs when you get hit.

Rift Disciple

The biggest mistake people make is failing to realize that Konstantin is NOT a dps race. Your group can do 10dps to him and still finish the fight, there are only 2 mechanics you need avoid, spikes and fury. If you have a group interested in not being stupid and eating all the spikes, you can spend a few wipes in there learning the patterns.

Ranged dps only need to move between 2 spots and as has already been noted, once spikes are up, you can run on them and be safe. The only part of this I have not done is tank it, I suggest watching one of the multitude of videos on youtube for this.

Protip:
    If your a tank, or whoever is, ignore the spikes, they barely hurt (im hit for top 500 lol)
    If it's a rogue tank like me, then all the much easier, Memory capture to the left of the left pillar and when he uses his fury, just flashback and run around pillar and back to the door where you tank him, normally.
    If a warrior tank then i dont know what they can do, just run and do a U turn on the left pillar and run back.

He's way too easy imo, i mean, even the fury hits me tops 1.5k, i have 12k hp. (Ok im a little more geared than T1 tho lol)
    So ye, ignore spikes, do a U turn on left pillar and back to tank position by the door.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1169507&dateline=1307  205688
    Kats@Vigil - 50 Rogue

The spikes only does damage when it's coming up. Running onto a spike that is already up is fine.

The best tip I got when I first started xKB was "Run onto the spike once it's up. Because spikes doesn't strike the same place twice in a row"

+ Reply to Thread