+ Reply to Thread

Thread: having random t1 and t2 splits the playerbase

Rift Disciple

Default having random t1 and t2 splits the playerbase

After trying to get into random t1's for hours and hours in queue I came to a startling realization. In WoW, where all the heroics are the same level, those entering themselves into randoms would be grouped up with a variety of brand new 80/85's and also seasoned raiders just looking for a time waster. In this game, all of the fresh 50's are all locked into the t1 randoms, but as soon as you get the gear to move on to the t2's there is absolutely no reason to ever run the t1's anymore.

The issue is that with no reason to run t1's anymore you will see the majority of the end game player base move to the t2's, because once you get passed the t1 level you never have to go back to it. The people initially running t1's will not have access to geared players running randoms, and therefor t1's will always be a chore to get a group and to complete. T2's consist of post-t1 geared players AND raid geared players looking to kill time, whereas t1's solely consist of fresh 50's.

It just seems like in a game in which is anemic for players, needlessly splitting the players is only serving to hurt queue times and the success of overall runs.

My solution is to just have ONE random queue. Those not able to run t2's will only be put in the random running for t1's, and those able to run both will be in queue for both. Also, to make it fair for the people looking for the bonus t2 plaque drops, when in a t2 random you will get (x% more drops) and when you are able to gear for t2's and you randomly get put in a t1 you will STILL get that t2 plaque bonus drop percentage.

This solution would not only unify the end game player base, but also serve to reduce queue times and increase the success of fresh 50's in the t1's with the more-geared t2 and raid geared player base.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by brittyboi View Post
    My solution is to just have ONE random queue. Those not able to run t2's will only be put in the random running for t1's, and those able to run both will be in queue for both. Also, to make it fair for the people looking for the bonus t2 plaque drops, when in a t2 random you will get (x% more drops) and when you are able to gear for t2's and you randomly get put in a t1 you will STILL get that t2 plaque bonus drop percentage.
    peoply would only queue for T2 then for better reward and all. fine if they end in a T1, annoying for the rest in a T2.

you're basically right, but I guess what will happen is they buff t1, nerf t2 even more, reduce requirements and only have T1.5 with a single queue. and ofc rebalance all the items to have an excuse to have people run them. again and again.
    Last edited by Gray; 05-29-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    peoply would only queue for T2 then for better reward and all. fine if they end in a T1, annoying for the rest in a T2.

you're basically right, but I guess what will happen is they buff t1, nerf t2 even more, reduce requirements and only have T1.5 with a single queue. and ofc rebalance all the items to have an excuse to have people run them. again and again.
    Yes, people only go into random t2's for the better reward, which is why my plan says "Also, to make it fair for the people looking for the bonus t2 plaque drops, when in a t2 random you will get (x% more drops) and when you are able to gear for t2's and you randomly get put in a t1 you will STILL get that t2 plaque bonus drop percentage. "

I think that was the point you are making....I'm sorry I was a little confused by your vernacular. I apologize if I misunderstood what you wrote

Rift Disciple

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Prophet of Telara

I tank/dps T2's and T1's as I queue for both when using random dungeon find. I pretty much always use my daily LFD quest up in a T2. Biggest problem with your suggestion is currently groups can surf the dungeons finding one that suites them. Also I could see more backlash being thrown toward the newer level 50. Part of the reason I do run T1's still is I like to help the new 50's as I hope to have a skilled faction in regard to dungeons.
    Last edited by Detill5869; 05-29-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    I tank/dps T2's and T1's as I queue for both when using random dungeon find. I pretty much always use my daily LFD quest up in a T2. Biggest problem with your suggestion is currently groups can surf the dungeons finding one that suites them. Also I could see more backlash being thrown toward the newer level 50. Part of the reason I do run T1's still is I like to help the new 50's as I hope to have a skilled faction in regard to dungeons.
    No such thing as skill in dungeons anymore.

OP, all your suggestion would do is piss off players who are geared for t2 dungeons. Not only would it not have a positive outcome, it would never happen.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    OP, all your suggestion would do is piss off players who are geared for t2 dungeons. Not only would it not have a positive outcome, it would never happen.
    Why would it piss off players who are geared for t2's? Not to say my idea is perfect or even good by a long shot, it was just a possible suggestion, but I accounted for the fact the t2's should be getting their bonus plaques even when they run t1's solely for the fact that they are t2 geared.

Beyond my half baked suggestion, do you see the issue that I am talking about in regards to splitting the playerbase?

Quote Originally Posted by brittyboi View Post

This solution would not only unify the end game player base, but also serve to reduce queue times and increase the success of fresh 50's in the t1's with the more-geared t2 and raid geared player base.

Thoughts?
    Same will happen that happened when WoW ICC 5 mans were introduced: You do one random per day for bonus currency and then specific for whatever you actually need. Only thing changed will be annoyed people that wanted T2 dungeon and got crap.
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

Shield of Telara

I que for both and get more t1 pops than anything. Maybe just your server

+ Reply to Thread