+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1246 Plaques to be able to raid is too much for most players

Shadowlander

Default 1246 Plaques to be able to raid is too much for most players

gloves 141 , belt 118, helm, 188, pants 235, chest 235 , shoulders 188 total 1246 plaques per set.

And this is without weapon, sheilds,rings trinkets, and planar essences, these are a whole diff set of issues, ie drop rates.
    so playing as a warrior who needs both sets to raid, i need 2492 plaques
    since the drops from t1's and t2's have been nuked i have recived a total of 0 items that are close to the plaque gear.
    all blues so far and i have been doing instances every day since the changes.
    previous to 1.2 i was working on getting t1 items. so i could get into t2s and not be useless.
    regarless of how you feel about the difficulty of the instances bosses the truth is unless you are with a group that knows what they are doing and is very well geared these take some where between 45 min to 2 hours to complete.
    so for the majority of us who do not already have the gear obtaining it will take us beyond any amount of time most players will put up with.
    for a good day maybe you can do 2 and get clost to 30 plaques but not most days so that puts you at 15ish.
    so to obtain gear needed for being usefull in a raid and it will take around 80 days (if played every day) for one set.
    last time i checked 3 months is kind of a long time, most players will not keep playing a game if they feel they are not progressing or having fun.
    t1's and t2's are NOT fun. doing the same instances 80 times to get your basic gear is not fun for most of us.
    yes i know the special people will bla bla on how great they are how they have x gear and everything is too easy for them.
    well if its all so easy for you then you will leave for something more diffcult anyway(that or your just full of it)
    meanwhile the majority of players will give up long before 80 days of grinding the same instances.
    the overall point of this is drop rates need to be fixed and or plaques pricing/dropped amount needs to be changed.
    we have already seen a large number of people from our guild that was around 100 stop playing since these changes due to no longer being able to gear for raids.
    i do want the game to get better and grow not shrink

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I thought the idea was that you used plaques to fill in the stuff you'd gotten from drops.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by irrawraith View Post
    gloves 141 , belt 118, helm, 188, pants 235, chest 235 , shoulders 188 total 1246 plaques per set.

And this is without weapon, sheilds,rings trinkets, and planar essences, these are a whole diff set of issues, ie drop rates.
    so playing as a warrior who needs both sets to raid, i need 2492 plaques
    since the drops from t1's and t2's have been nuked i have recived a total of 0 items that are close to the plaque gear.
    all blues so far and i have been doing instances every day since the changes.
    previous to 1.2 i was working on getting t1 items. so i could get into t2s and not be useless.
    regarless of how you feel about the difficulty of the instances bosses the truth is unless you are with a group that knows what they are doing and is very well geared these take some where between 45 min to 2 hours to complete.
    so for the majority of us who do not already have the gear obtaining it will take us beyond any amount of time most players will put up with.
    for a good day maybe you can do 2 and get clost to 30 plaques but not most days so that puts you at 15ish.
    so to obtain gear needed for being usefull in a raid and it will take around 80 days (if played every day) for one set.
    last time i checked 3 months is kind of a long time, most players will not keep playing a game if they feel they are not progressing or having fun.
    t1's and t2's are NOT fun. doing the same instances 80 times to get your basic gear is not fun for most of us.
    yes i know the special people will bla bla on how great they are how they have x gear and everything is too easy for them.
    well if its all so easy for you then you will leave for something more diffcult anyway(that or your just full of it)
    meanwhile the majority of players will give up long before 80 days of grinding the same instances.
    the overall point of this is drop rates need to be fixed and or plaques pricing/dropped amount needs to be changed.
    we have already seen a large number of people from our guild that was around 100 stop playing since these changes due to no longer being able to gear for raids.
    i do want the game to get better and grow not shrink
    Won't even take close to 80 days to get raid ready and you don't need two sets. If you want to dps in a raid you only need 200hit, a T2 weapon(Both drop in Rd so you have 2 chances, and the last boss always drops an epic), and some average epics. You could buy the T1 plaque dps bits, use the epic quest helm and be golden. If this still doesn't please you go rank up in PvP. Rank 4 PvP has a few pieces of gear good enough to wear at the start of your raiding life.

As for essences if you do the daily you can get at least one every 3-4 days and more if you win some rolls.

If you want to tank well then be prepared to put in more time since the gear required will take longer to gather.

Rift Disciple

Get bare minimum gear and hope for the best, since the game is still new. Months from now, plaque vendor gear will be mandatory and enforced by gear check before raids, as well as submitting a parser report showing your dps/hps. It'll be what most games devolve into before a program is made to automate the process.

Meanwhile, your shard likely only has a handful of runs at gsb each week, and pickings are slim, so ask to go.

Would be nice if trion made some new T3 dungeons that dropped gear comparable to gsb/ros, but only required 5 players and were ridiculously hard to do. I hate that they make a raid a stepping stone to the next consecutive raid.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by yoshirawr View Post
    I hate that they make a raid a stepping stone to the next consecutive raid.
    :facepalm:
    Looking for a mature, casual guild focused on having fun?
    Ravens of Memory
    Guardians on Shatterbone

Plane Touched

No mmo makes 5 man dungeons that are super hard to do for epic stuff. I wish they did. I enjoy the small group teamwork so much more. Raids are so... simple in concept that it bores me. It is a zerg fest. Tank - control aggro. Healer - keep people aline. DPS - DPS. The occational cc. Kills adds.

You should never be made to raid like it is the end all awesome experience of an mmo. I get nothing social out of a raid other than flashy lights and lots of noise.

Near impossible 5 man dungeons that require everyone to spec their role specifically to succeed would be awesome. This would also make it a money sink since people would have to spec for this 5 man. Every encounter would risk wipe. Completion of the 5 man would give you an achievement due to it difficulty. The correct spec would not be given so it would require people to constantly try new things.

But... then people would complain that it was too hard. You can't please everyone. Usually they never please my suggestion of more small group content and if they do the loot is worthless and no one wants to run it.

The problem for me is they never have enough off hour content for people who don't play during normal hours. Epic 5 Man could be filled in off hours, but not a raid.
    Last edited by GeekCrux; 05-28-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GeekCrux View Post
    Near impossible 5 man dungeons that require everyone to spec their role specifically to succeed would be awesome. This would also make it a money sink since people would have to spec for this 5 man.
    That would also completely negate the whole soul system. If they do i the way you suggest, they should just give you a specific spec and ability set when you zone into the dungeon. As well as a specific armor set so you can never outgear the instance!

Trying to read that made my eyes bleed.

Paragraphs are your friend.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

Shadowlander

yes it will take around 80 days per set UNLESS they change drop rates ,
    like i stated before it has been weeks now and running t2s every day i have recived 0 pieces of gear from drops.

OP go play adifferent game if you don't have the time this game is dumbed down enough already.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Prophet of Telara

yes it will take around 80 days per set UNLESS they change drop rates ,
    like i stated before it has been weeks now and running t2s every day i have recived 0 pieces of gear from drops.
    Welcome to RNG

When I add it up, I get 1105.

Do all Americans suck at arithmetic?

Should be covered by 62 runs, or some amount fewer if you ever did T1s, raid rifts, or got a drop on one of those runs.

Shadowlander

yup added something in twice but it is still way to much.
    and to mobboy yes i will be leaving game as will most others if no changes are made.
    62 runs 80 runs thats 3 to 4 months of game time to do a raid, not worth it. sorry i have a job, kids and a life. so i can not play every day so 60 game days is 3 months for me.
    Last edited by irrawraith; 05-28-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Champion

and to mobboy yes i will be leaving game as will most others if no changes are made.
    62 runs 80 runs thats 3 to 4 months of game time to do a raid, not worth it. sorry i have a job, kids and a life. so i can not play every day so 60 game days is 3 months for me.
    If you don't have enough game time to gear up for raids, why do you want to do raids?

Yea You picked the wrong genre to try out then. These games are ment to take a while they're not single player 30 hours of gameplay type of games no matter how many bads try and change it. This is something most people don't understand they just try to get into what's popular without reading ahead. Then they expect to progress as fast as someone that puts TIME and EFFORT into the game.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 05-28-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast