+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So the dungeons/plaques/drop rates are gonna stay this way?

Default So the dungeons/plaques/drop rates are gonna stay this way?

You know, as people say the dungeons are so easy but the rewards are crap too. You get so little plaques you guys went about masking the grindfest the dungeons are very wrong. It's sticking out like a sore thumb and it sucks.

I've been doing Experts since 1.2 EVERYDAY because I have a lot of free time; about 4-5 every day and you know what? Since 1.2 I have only seen 2!! (let me repeat that) >>>2<<< purple items drop from any other boss except the last one which is guaranteed drop (but with such a large pool to drop an item from its ******ed to even try and hope for the drop you need).

Oh the 2 items that dropped for me? Rogue helmet from Bonhew in DSM and Bane of Champions in RD from Atrophinius. That is it. Nothing else. EVERYTHING ELSE IS BLUE CRAP.

So:
    Easy dungeons
    Crap rate at obtaining plaques (Pretty sure it was to try and slow progression by a large margin)
    ******edly bad drop rates and screwed up loot tables. (Yeah sometimes I get the same blue crap 2-3 times in a row)

So I just wanna know if this is gonna stay like this? Because right now I'm not having fun at all. Just blaze through the dungeons for crappy rewards and little plaques and thats it. Oh and Cleric tanks only have 2 options in a weapon and a shield pre-raid and that is WoB and Gedlo Hammer. 2 items. So cool.

Trion is scared to comment on this matter.
    Maybe it will stay, maybe it won't.

Telaran

I agree with the OP

Pre 1.2 I was happily doind T1 runs and getting decent gear for decent level of challenge.

Now I can do T2 runs, and the only thing that is better is the fact that I get 2 plaques per boss instead of 1

This is going backwards. Doing a full run killing 5/6 bosses, and getting 5 blue drops that NOBODY in the group needs because to do the dungeon you have to have better gear than the crap that drops. It gets old real fast...

I too am tired of the grind, repetition forced by lack of content... run down the same tunnel like a rat again, and again..
    Last edited by vikin; 05-28-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Sez

Rogues only have 2 choices for tank weapon too, luckily I have both.

Titan slayer, or Titan slayer. (Dual-wield ftw)
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Chaser

Dont Worry When TOR come out trion will change things up or else 75% of there Subs gona go to that.I know personaly that our guild is moving to Tor 100% and thats like 35 players easy.

Plane Touched

Been considering LoTR looks like a nice game, I like PvE and i'm nearly finished most of the PvE content in Rift, likely going to get bored of the game soon. So thats cool

Plane Touched

It certainly does seem like they're trying to force the T1/T2 grind to take much much longer than it did. I'm glad I got most of my gear before the nerfs because having to run these ridiculously simple dungeons over and over again would drive me to quit I think.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by vikin View Post
    Doing a full run killing 5/6 bosses, and getting 5 blue drops that NOBODY in the group needs because to do the dungeon you have to have better gear than the crap that drops.
    This line here says it all.

Telaran

In 1.1. they introduce dailies and radically changed how plaques work

In 1.2 they got rid of dailies and radically changed how plaques work.

I bet in 1.3 everything gets radically changed again. They'll probably remove all the purples from dropping and you'll probably need to grind new faction inside each dungeon. You'll then can buy the purple drops with plaques (500-1000) from vendors once you hit revered.

In 1.4 they'll come up with something else that's totally different. How else are they gonna keep that 'new to you' MMO feeling going strong? Except by changing base design each patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alshyla View Post
    In 1.1. they introduce dailies and radically changed how plaques work

In 1.2 they got rid of dailies and radically changed how plaques work.

I bet in 1.3 everything gets radically changed again. They'll probably remove all the purples from dropping and you'll probably need to grind new faction inside each dungeon. You'll then can buy the purple drops with plaques (500-1000) from vendors once you hit revered.

In 1.4 they'll come up with something else that's totally different. How else are they gonna keep that 'new to you' MMO feeling going strong? Except by changing base design each patch.
    So true. There has been a radical change in pre-raid gearin since head start and it has always been a change towards worse. Where did we start btw?

Early days:
    20plaques for zone quest + drops.
    High chance for epic drop on every boss, smaller loot tables.
    Plaque items 15% cheaper than they are now.
    BoE epics rather common, 1-2 drops each run.

Now:
    0 plaque for zone quest. 6 plaques for "daily" + drops.
    Very low chance for epic on bosses, except 100% epic drop on final boss. Massive loot table.
    Plaque items are very expensive compared to plaque drops.
    BoE epics are very rare, approx 1 drop for 5-8 runs.

Future:
    No dropped plaques, only source is "daily" quest.
    Epics removed, only last bosses drop epics. Must rely on bought plaque items.
    15% increase to plaque prices since dungeons get easier due to gear updates and instance nerfs.
    BoE epics turn into BoP epics.

This is getting ridiculous.. I'm so frustrated with this game right now.. seriously the pace to gear up takes sooooooooo long and then there's the big Loot table and very low chance to drop actual good gear. I mean who gives a crap for the blue gear? 90% of it is utter crap and no one ever needs..

Sword of Telara

Just dropping by to say you all need to l2p

Not really, the drop rates are horrible, i've stacked up several hundred plaques @ the new reduced rate and managed to get ONE epic, the cloth chest from DSM. Everything else has been crappy blues, and what always seems to be a physical dps ring/neck from final bosses.

Actually debating an alt, just to keep the game interesting until a patch that fixes these shenanigans. A band-aid, though.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Lord View Post
    This is getting ridiculous.. I'm so frustrated with this game right now.. seriously the pace to gear up takes sooooooooo long and then there's the big Loot table and very low chance to drop actual good gear. I mean who gives a crap for the blue gear? 90% of it is utter crap and no one ever needs..
    The blue gear is about 90% stats of the purples. Stop basing it on color. Besides most of the good gear is crafted with blue/purple augments for some classes. And all jewelry is covered by that as well.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    The blue gear is about 90% stats of the purples. Stop basing it on color. Besides most of the good gear is crafted with blue/purple augments for some classes. And all jewelry is covered by that as well.
    This doesnt improve anything, in fact it makes the whole loot situation worse.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    This is a load of crap. The blue gear is either right at or slightly less then stats of the T1 gear. Poor argument. The crafted jewelry is not on par with T2 drop epics. Crystalized band of mana? LOL maby decent sp/crit but 5 int 5wis?LOLc aug makes one of those stats what 9? There is a decent blue ring but stats are on par with T1 not T2. Some of the crafted outfits are on par with T2 yes but trinkets/jewelry/weapons... not even close to the drops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast