+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plaques in T1 and T2 dungeons

Plane Touched

Default Plaques in T1 and T2 dungeons

I know this may have been addressed before, but I'll ask the question again since i'm being lazy. Why aren't we getting 2/4 plaques of achievement per boss kill in T1 and T2 dungeons like it was on the PTR for 1.2, yet we still have to get an insane amount of plaques for the T2 gear while also getting less plaques per day than we used to so we're actually getting gear slower, not faster like trion intended.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Varno View Post
    like trion intended.
    Trion changed their mind.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Trion changed their mind.
    Great this is turning into wow, where there's double the grind than there should be. At least in wow the dungeons are faceroll easy unlike in rift

Sez

At least in wow the dungeons are faceroll easy unlike in rift
    Are you serious?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Are you serious?
    Yep, I could do dungeons in wow in every expansion except vanilla in 30 minutes or less even carrying 2 idiot dps who always died. Here everyone has to be on the ball or it could wipe the group and all the dungeons take minimum 1 hour, more likely 1.5 hours to complete in the random dungeon finder. Then add the 15-60 minute wait that I, as a tank have to endure everytime i queue up. where as in wow it's instant queue for tank. So there's the analysis for ya, also take into consideration 75% of people that use LFD tool don't have full T2/raid gear (including myself)

Sez

Yep, I could do dungeons in wow in every expansion except vanilla in 30 minutes or less even carrying 2 idiot dps who always died. Here everyone has to be on the ball or it could wipe the group and all the dungeons take minimum 1 hour, more likely 1.5 hours to complete in the random dungeon finder. Then add the 15-60 minute wait that I, as a tank have to endure everytime i queue up. where as in wow it's instant queue for tank. So there's the analysis for ya, also take into consideration 75% of people that use LFD tool don't have full T2/raid gear (including myself)
    We are playing two different versions of Rift, currently. I like your "75% of people" statement I'm sure that's an exact amount and you aren't exaggerating at all.

Great this is turning into wow, where there's double the grind than there should be. At least in wow the dungeons are faceroll easy unlike in rift
    Man... Oh man... They nerf them to hell and people still complain... I...I do not know what to say... Man...

Aftr getting fully T1 fit i went and looked at the T2 vendor........

Just shy of 1k plaques for the set...... that would be cool if there was ways to get them as fast as dungeons, but as it stands, dungeons are it if you want to get them.
    Work it out thats a whole lot of running through the sam crap over and over again, with no gain oter than the plaques since you already have all the gear you need.
    Can't say its worth the time/effort

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exile View Post
    Aftr getting fully T1 fit i went and looked at the T2 vendor........

Just shy of 1k plaques for the set...... that would be cool if there was ways to get them as fast as dungeons, but as it stands, dungeons are it if you want to get them.
    Work it out thats a whole lot of running through the sam crap over and over again, with no gain oter than the plaques since you already have all the gear you need.
    Now this is something I agree with, the grind is too big. But making content less challenging won't help to make that grind any more interesting. I liked how it was before 1.2, more plaques per run, harder content and less plaques needed.

Rift Disciple

[QUOTEYep, I could do dungeons in wow in every expansion except vanilla in 30 minutes or less even carrying 2 idiot dps who always died. Here everyone has to be on the ball or it could wipe the group and all the dungeons take minimum 1 hour, more likely 1.5 hours to complete in the random dungeon finder. Then add the 15-60 minute wait that I, as a tank have to endure everytime i queue up. where as in wow it's instant queue for tank. So there's the analysis for ya, also take into consideration 75% of people that use LFD tool don't have full T2/raid gear (including myself) ][/QUOTE]

You Sir, didnt Play WoW at all, why you ask me ? Because not only Vanilla was hardly doable with low geared and skilld people, even Burning Crusade wasnt as easy as you say..

Right now Rift is jk, each T1 and T2 Dungeon, can be completed within 30-40min easy, if you pay a bit attention and skip some Roamers on the way to the bosses. It doesnt even seem to be an kind of problem, if you have low dps with you, even RdF is easy doable..

The Gear you can buy, is mostly because some dont have luck on winning items. It shouldn´t be so easy to gain, if you want a complete set. More over, what else you want to do, in Rift, beside Running T1/T2 over and over, if you for example dont want to PvP ( which is mostly dead on our Server anyway ), or Raid.

i fear you miss the point, a GAME is supposed to be fun, a GAME is supposed to provide entertainment.
    Re-running the same dungeon over and over again is not fun, nor is it entertaining, it is mind numbing boringness at its peak.
    After work i get home, i think to myself im going to get another peice today..... oh wait no im going to spend the next 6 hours in dungeons..... log off.... do it again tomorrow.
    Now with that mindset is logging in worth it?
    Having completed most of the available content other than getting the gear for raids, simple answer is no.
    I dont want rediculously easy dungeons, just other ways to provide plaques for the gear, or nerf the cost slightly.

Telaran

I dont mind running dungeons if they are challenging and interesting.

What I do mind is the ridiculous amount of useless blue drops from T2 bosses... this has to be a bad joke and has to end.

Plane Touched

I'm not complaining that the content is too easy or hard, I'm complaining because they increased the cost of the T2 plaques and reduced the amount of plaques you can get everyday. Where on the PTR people were showed that you would get slightly more plaques from the bosses per kill and then that never went to live, that's wat i'm complaining about. Increasing the amount that gear costs is a fair way to gate it, but only if you slightly increase the amount of plaques for that gear. Wat they actually did was increase the cost and reduced the plaques that can be obtained each day which is both a bad and painful grind and can be bad for the game.

Soulwalker

thank god on my mage I spent 100p and went straight to t2's and got almost every drop I needed in 4 runs lol. I have 220 focus , 844 spell power and 497 crit and I have only completed xCC, xAP, xDSM and part of xRD. I can honestly feel for you though. Mage was/is my first and only 50 and I got raid ready in 1 day. The bad side of this is I did ZERO t1's and hardly any t2's. How is the game suppose to keep me entertained when all that is left is raiding unless I want to try for absolutely BiS gear from dungeons/plagues which seems stupid due to little reward for such effort.

I personally expected it to take me atleast a month to get geared.

Mages are such a joke to gear anyways.
    Their plaque items aren't a huge update over dropped gear.
    Mages need 2 cores at most.
    Mages don't have any other gear sets than 1, for healing/dps/support.

Oh yeah, and instances only drop mage/cleric loot :>
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 05-28-2011 at 08:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast