+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T2 drop rate blues

Default T2 drop rate blues

I've been trying to get my last two pieces out of T2 for 2 months now. I still need one more titanslayer, and leather boots from DSM. Since 1.2 this has become even harder for me despite being able to run multiple runs every day. The drop rates are just horrible, and since the last boss can now drop any epic it seems as though I will NEVER see another titanslayer from plutonus.

At this current rate I will be in T3 gear before I ever see these drops and I find that extremely bizarre. I have a friend who actually kept count of how many DSM runs it took him to get x2 titanslayers ... 44. 44 runs for two drops but at least he got the boots in the process.
    Last edited by Octavian2011; 05-28-2011 at 09:09 AM.

GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 RotP 4/4 HK 10/11
    Pvp rank 8 Rogue - Age of Aggression.
    www.resultgaming.com

The drop rates are horrendous compared to 1.1. I'd suggest holding off on dungeon runs until they fix this issue unless you need the plaques for T2 or T3 gear. No one in our guild runs experts anymore after they nerfed plaque drops from dailies (no more stacking daily quests) and especially with the spate of blue gear you now get for running experts with the only guaranteed epic at the final boss that can drop gear from any previous boss, the chances of actually getting the item you want is negligible. There are comments in the dungeon subforum about groups chain running 80+ eCC and eAP and still not getting a certain epic to drop. It's disheartening in this current situation, but I'd forego with the frustration until the drops are fixed. But good luck to you and happy hunting!

Telaran

Yep it's completely backward.
    T2 dungeons bosses drop item that nobody in the group needs, except for the last boss.
    The only happy people are runebreakers I guess.

Sez

I got my second Titan Slayer post-1.2

I just grouped with a guy who I saw saying "Damn it! Titan Slayer again? That #%@$ always drops for me."
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian2011 View Post
    I've been trying to get my last two pieces out of T2 for 2 months now. I still need one more titanslayer, and leather boots from DSM. Since 1.2 this has become even harder for me despite being able to run multiple runs every day. The drop rates are just horrible, and since the last boss can now drop any epic it seems as though I will NEVER see another titanslayer from plutonus.

At this current rate I will be in T3 gear before I ever see these drops and I find that extremely bizarre. I have a friend who actually kept count of how many DSM runs it took him to get x2 titanslayers ... 44. 44 runs for two drops but at least he got the boots in the process.
    You can get the blue conditioned leather boots crafted, with a blue dragonspine it is slightly better than the T2 dropped leather boots.

Edited: Actually I haven't checked since they buffed items. But they may be on par or just 1-2 stat difference now.
    Last edited by KetMalice; 05-28-2011 at 04:35 PM.

I personally tank T2 dungeons frequently. Before 1.2 yes, I admit, certain items dropped more than others which usually resulted in wasted drops. It happens, life sucks, move on

Post-1.2, when Trion screwed up the plaque costs of T2 items (which I was all for when they doubled boss plaque drop rates on Alpha) they also made it so the endboss of every dungeon is guaranteed to drop epics

But the drop rate for OTHER bosses is crap. If I see one other boss epic drop, I'm surprised (BoE trash drops not counted in this)

Add to that the fact that tanks are pretty much the only role that can't get their required stats (toughness) reliably through non-epics, tanks in general are shafted. Yes, some blue drops have 31/38 Toughness on them, those are about as rare as the epics themselves

It's gotten so bad that I'm actually going to be getting KotOR and NWN to play until SW:TOR comes out
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Mal Reynolds, Firefly
    My Personal Guidelines - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...les-To-Live-By

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
    I personally tank T2 dungeons frequently. Before 1.2 yes, I admit, certain items dropped more than others which usually resulted in wasted drops. It happens, life sucks, move on

Post-1.2, when Trion screwed up the plaque costs of T2 items (which I was all for when they doubled boss plaque drop rates on Alpha) they also made it so the endboss of every dungeon is guaranteed to drop epics

But the drop rate for OTHER bosses is crap. If I see one other boss epic drop, I'm surprised (BoE trash drops not counted in this)

Add to that the fact that tanks are pretty much the only role that can't get their required stats (toughness) reliably through non-epics, tanks in general are shafted. Yes, some blue drops have 31/38 Toughness on them, those are about as rare as the epics themselves

It's gotten so bad that I'm actually going to be getting KotOR and NWN to play until SW:TOR comes out
    I ran all my T2's well before the nerf, and stocked up 1k+ plaques after my T2 gear. So I obviously don't care about the nerf myself.

Realistically though you should be getting into Raids with T1 gear. Basically the first 3 bosses are free loot. You do need T2 geared tanks though. But I honestly really like the nerf. It was so easy to get gear before. Several times we had a new reroll in our guild and he was T2 geared in 2 days of running instances.

It actually kind of makes that epic mean something. I mean they actually made that gear more accessible to a much wider audience with the change. Which is good, and bad for people expecting the WoW way of come in and face roll your way to free epics in a week.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by KetMalice View Post
    I ran all my T2's well before the nerf, and stocked up 1k+ plaques after my T2 gear. So I obviously don't care about the nerf myself.

Realistically though you should be getting into Raids with T1 gear. Basically the first 3 bosses are free loot. You do need T2 geared tanks though. But I honestly really like the nerf. It was so easy to get gear before. Several times we had a new reroll in our guild and he was T2 geared in 2 days of running instances.

It actually kind of makes that epic mean something. I mean they actually made that gear more accessible to a much wider audience with the change. Which is good, and bad for people expecting the WoW way of come in and face roll your way to free epics in a week.
    Typically the guy who likes the nerf is the one who had 1k plaques stocked up...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by vikin View Post
    Typically the guy who likes the nerf is the one who had 1k plaques stocked up...
    Or the guy that got bored after getting his alt T2'ed after 3 days of T2's.

Or the guy that got bored after getting his alt T2'ed after 3 days of T2's.
    The fact of the matter is gearing up right now is HORRENDOUSLY slow coupled with the fact that Epic rarely if AT ALL drop from the bosses in the dungeons except for the last one but the last one can drop EVERY epic in that dungeon so the loot table is stupidly huge and if you need 1 thing well.. good luck.

I've been trying to get WoB and Gedlo Gavel for weeks now and NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G at all. Since patch 1.2 I've only seen 5 epics drop from normal bosses excluding final boss. And I play everyday and run instances daily. That's how rare and ******edly bad are the drop rates and the process of gearing up.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Lord View Post
    The fact of the matter is gearing up right now is HORRENDOUSLY slow coupled with the fact that Epic rarely if AT ALL drop from the bosses in the dungeons except for the last one but the last one can drop EVERY epic in that dungeon so the loot table is stupidly huge and if you need 1 thing well.. good luck.

I've been trying to get WoB and Gedlo Gavel for weeks now and NOTHING. N-O-T-H-I-N-G at all. Since patch 1.2 I've only seen 5 epics drop from normal bosses excluding final boss. And I play everyday and run instances daily. That's how rare and ******edly bad are the drop rates and the process of gearing up.
    I do see how the huge loot table could be a problem. But also and correct me if I am wrong. 30 minutes for an instance (not dsm) now, and you don't actually get locked to it correct? You can run it x times a day?

Would it make you cry if I told you I got the Gedlo hammer server first and within an hour of it being put in the game?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian2011 View Post

*only* 44? I hate your friend sooooo much.

The last bosses don't drop all the loot in a dungeon IIRC, just about one drop from every other boss got moved to their drop table, leaving most bosses with 2-3 possible epics on their loot table and the last boss with around 12ish. Either way, the rates are abysmal.

Shadowlander

Second the op. I am in process of gearing my alt and compared to my main pre 1.2 it sux so much. After tons of T2 runs I still dont have a bow and any of one hands of T2 epic quality and I am lucky we do raid rifts very often so I was able to get other nice gear from these, because dungeons right now are really a waste of time...

RNG = RNG. I've been 50 on my rogue for 4 days now and Im in a mix of t2/t1 + some really nice crafted items pulling 900 dps without raid buffs. I've ran a total of maybe 10 instances in the last 4 days and already have 2 t2 daggers, 2 t2 rings, raid rift boots from the water rift, epic chest from the expert fire rift and then a mix of crafted epics with augments that are better than most other items i could snag.

People need to be creative on how they gear, and not just think running t2's until their eyes bleed is the only way to do it.

I do see how the huge loot table could be a problem. But also and correct me if I am wrong. 30 minutes for an instance (not dsm) now, and you don't actually get locked to it correct? You can run it x times a day?

Would it make you cry if I told you I got the Gedlo hammer server first and within an hour of it being put in the game?
    30 minutes if you have a group of friends/guildmates that are all properly geared and are capable of doing exactly what they need to. This means proper DPS, a healer that can solo heal the whole instance and a tank that knows their job.

Oh, and that's also assuming everyone knows the instance and doesn't require explanations and/or 1-2 wipes per boss before they understand the mechanics

Yeah, not everyone runs with a premade crew. And the 'get a guild' reply doesn't work for me. My guild has 500+ people, no joke. I could run guild groups all day every day for a straight week and maybe see the same person twice

No one is asking for dungeons to be made easier. We are stating that the epic droprate in said dungeons, for lack of a better term, sucks. Not all of us can run 6 30-min dungeons per day. I ran a 5-hour xDSM yesterday because we lacked DPS and had to get a different healer. Oh yeah, there's a healer shortage. Oh and not all DPS do 500+
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Mal Reynolds, Firefly
    My Personal Guidelines - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...les-To-Live-By

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast