+ Reply to Thread

Thread: uruluuk question

Sword of Telara

Default uruluuk question

definitely a fun fight! my guild set our sights on him and after a few attempts (doing the reflecting thing) we are reliably able to get him to 30%.. thats when things hit the fan. originally we were only dpsing down the shrine with the unpurgeable buff but we found it to be a little better killing the 2nd one as well 9that gives him a damage buff) as it takes no time at all to kill and gives you +50% dps for 35ish seconds (bugged?).

tank grabs the adds and tanks them a bit away from the boss so he isnt healing and moves in for the AoE (healing him 2ish percent usually) but his pulsing AoE (crashing boulders ? )hits everyone in the raid for 4kish damage, meaning if that is anywhere NEAR the time of an explosive crystal or any other attack thats a dead player. a few times we've lost a player to the pulsing AoE hitting a player for over 6k. this is without any stacks of the +5% damage buff. any ideas? thinking about each player using a bit of earth resist..

Watching the zombie ghost video it appeared he only did his AoE smack everyone in the face nomatter where they are every 20 seconds or so. seeming to only do it twice or so between every "get close to me or get smacked in the face". we have only once ever survived more than 40 seconds in the sub 30% phase and got hit with the AoE 4 or 5 times between the run-ins. the explosive crystals appeared to come about the same frequency from the videos to our attempts but on the video crashing boulders and explosive crystal almost never seemed to hit near eachother. with ours they did often :-/

we are reaching 3-4 stacks of his gold buff from the first shrine phase (he dosnt get a 2nd one). we have about 6 pieces of T3 gear between the 10 of us. basicly: is earth resist for the raid (beyond archon buff, planar protection and vial) for the raid a pure must? if not or if so does anyone have the explanation for the 6000 damage hits on his AoE. any help would be great! thanks.

Telaran

yea iknow that we have the same prob,
    we had him at 15% or 13% cant remember
    but always the boss heals + kill a raid member mostly a supporter
    aoe is bit op :/
    we wanna try it with 1-2 guys stacking in the middle of the tank and the group to catch the explosive cristall
    that should work i think,
    but not sure tho could need some advice myself.
    thx alot for any kind of infos
    ps: we buffd all around 6k hp

Sword of Telara

yeah we had him till 19%ish.

now, the "him healing" is the adds getting too clsoe to him. it seems like it has to happen a bit (when he does the big AoE) unless your tank can tough out the explosion. we circled around him about at the edge of melee range (short of the tank who was farther away) and his AoE crystal only hit 2-3 people at a time. it was just the big AoE that would almost always off someone. from researching the parses one of our clerics was the only person taking over 6000 damage from his pulsing AoE (crushing boulders iirc) so thats something we need to look into. really our key issue is that he is our best AoE healer, and he dies a few seconds in :-/. darn clerics.

Prophet of Telara

After the first AOE Explosion he does, he seems to chain cast explosive crystals (4-5 in a row I think last time we did it) which is pretty amazing healing that needs to go out because if somebody isn't topped off they'll probably die. (Add in crashing boulders that hits everybody it can be problem)

What type of healing set up are you running?

Have to edit it in the video comment but any tank can stay out of the explosion, it only hits for about 5k but does a knockback at that point (Not the insta kill mechanic from before 30% that happens. No idea why it changes to this way sub 30%), so your tank never has to run in to heal him. (Granted, if your groups healing is a bit light it would provide less stress on your healers if the tank runs in a bit)
    Last edited by Exphryl; 05-28-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    After the first AOE Explosion he does, he seems to chain cast explosive crystals (4-5 in a row I think last time we did it) which is pretty amazing healing that needs to go out because if somebody isn't topped off they'll probably die. (Add in crashing boulders that hits everybody it can be problem)

What type of healing set up are you running?

Have to edit it in the video comment but any tank can stay out of the explosion, it only hits for about 5k but does a knockback at that point (Not the insta kill mechanic from before 30% that happens. No idea why it changes to this way sub 30%), so your tank never has to run in to heal him. (Granted, if your groups healing is a bit light it would provide less stress on your healers if the tank runs in a bit)
    we have 2 clerics, a bard and a chloro/dom (helping out on reflects with an archon/dom). our tank had 217 earth resist last night. i saw you mentioned that with 200 resist it only did 4000ish damage but the only time he tried that he got knocked a mile away and died due to no heals possible on him. im not sure how easy/feaseable putting his back to the little rock in the middle would be.

overall throughput on heals wasnt the issue (well it was, as the main cleric kept dieing then we didnt stand a chance) but overall whats possible to do when he cast crashing boulders + explosive crystal within under a second of eachother (over 8000 damage together) or when his crashing boulders hits someone for 6000-7000 damage (the SAME hit only hit most of us for 4000ish.). i dont think there is a debuff to increase damage taken in this fight on a player?

also: is it comfirmed that the +50% damage from the shrines dosnt work at all? or do i just fail at disecting parses?

we had very nice DPS here it felt like, the group's DPS (encoutner DPS was lower as we didnt spend time killing the adds in the air phase as they poof anyways) was just over 6k. 1/4th of that being the tank (yay reflects). i wish we could just say "tank blow your CDs while we burst em down!" with CDs and no mechanics to worry about it would likely take 45ish seconds tops. but im pretty sure he'd have 15 or so on him by that time

What we are doing is just the normal routine of DPS boss, DPS crystal, move close and so fourth. Move up to the stairs when he ports and burn him in his vulnerable face. When the 3 crystal things spawn, we DPS them all down going for the unpurgable one first. If your dps is right, you shouldn't have to move close to him before the 3rd one is down.

When he hits 30% everyone moves up to him with your cleric and chloro standing at each side of the stairs right in the middle to avoid explosive crystal ae damage.

1 aoe dps kills the first bunch of adds while everyone else just dps's the boss down.

When i did it the first time, our chloro died in the last 30% so we only had 1 warden/sentinel healing and a bard. So if you just position yourself its a piece of piss and not overtuned at all.
    Inglorious Basterds
    Whitefall EU PvP
    Aleteh - 50 Rogue
    5/5 GSB - 2/4 RoS - 4/4 GP

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    we have 2 clerics, a bard and a chloro/dom (helping out on reflects with an archon/dom). our tank had 217 earth resist last night. i saw you mentioned that with 200 resist it only did 4000ish damage but the only time he tried that he got knocked a mile away and died due to no heals possible on him. im not sure how easy/feaseable putting his back to the little rock in the middle would be.

overall throughput on heals wasnt the issue (well it was, as the main cleric kept dieing then we didnt stand a chance) but overall whats possible to do when he cast crashing boulders + explosive crystal within under a second of eachother (over 8000 damage together) or when his crashing boulders hits someone for 6000-7000 damage (the SAME hit only hit most of us for 4000ish.). i dont think there is a debuff to increase damage taken in this fight on a player?

also: is it comfirmed that the +50% damage from the shrines dosnt work at all? or do i just fail at disecting parses?

we had very nice DPS here it felt like, the group's DPS (encoutner DPS was lower as we didnt spend time killing the adds in the air phase as they poof anyways) was just over 6k. 1/4th of that being the tank (yay reflects). i wish we could just say "tank blow your CDs while we burst em down!" with CDs and no mechanics to worry about it would likely take 45ish seconds tops. but im pretty sure he'd have 15 or so on him by that time
    Granted it depends who is available, but we try to make the healing as easy as possible.

2 War/Sents
    1 Shamicar (focuses AOE Healing and Add DPS)
    1 Bard
    1 Archon/Dom thing. I think. Or chloro dom? Not entirely sure tbh. But having the Doctrines make things super easy that last phase. Do Any of your clerics have that?

The 50% Kind of works for casters. We kill the shrines when they are up though and don't worry about it to much otherwise anymore. Reflect is enough DPS for us to never have a second shrine phase.
    Last edited by Exphryl; 05-28-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Sword of Telara

Granted it depends who is available, but we try to make the healing as easy as possible.

2 War/Sents
    1 Shamicar (focuses AOE Healing and Add DPS)
    1 Bard
    1 Archon/Dom thing. I think. Or chloro dom? Not entirely sure tbh. But having the Doctrines make things super easy that last phase. Do Any of your clerics have that?

The 50% Kind of works for casters. We kill the shrines when they are up though and don't worry about it to much otherwise anymore. Reflect is enough DPS for us to never have a second shrine phase.
    bah, tried to reply and it didnt go through

no idea on doctrines, we have 2 cleric dps and 2 cleric healers. both cleric dps have the satyr pets.

we run with
    1 warrior tank (218 earth resist)
    2 cleric healers (one can DPS)
    2 cleric dps (one can heal)
    1 sab dps (can bard)
    1 bd dps (can do anything this is me)
    1 bard (can MM)
    1 chloro/dom (can chloro or dps)
    1 archon/dom (can chloro or dps)

ultimately the only real issue is sub 30%, but this seems to be where the fight actually starts. we can get there with 3+ minutes left before enrage easily. is it just luck to get through the entire phase without him doing his AoE and his explosive crystal (8000ish damage) within under 1 second of eachother? and any idea why one of our clerics gets insta-gibbed for over 7k sometimes?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    bah, tried to reply and it didnt go through

no idea on doctrines, we have 2 cleric dps and 2 cleric healers. both cleric dps have the satyr pets.
    Try having one of the DPS go Shamicar. Long as you are using Reflect the DPS requirements are pretty small for the fight actually, having the extra healing is much more important sub 30%.

Sword of Telara

Try having one of the DPS go Shamicar. Long as you are using Reflect the DPS requirements are pretty small for the fight actually, having the extra healing is much more important sub 30%.
    we are gonna try with a bit more earth resist (mostly hoping the one cleric dosnt get 1-shotted). and i'll suggest the shamicar. i appologize, i know very little about clerics, but one of our clerics built a build that can solo heal our tank through T2s while doing 300-400 dps (was about 500ish hps on a fight that only the tank took damage). that shamicar?

trying it sunday. at this point only 2 guilds on the server have gotten him to 30%. we are shooting for the server first!
    Last edited by Seyon; 05-28-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Rift Disciple

the shamicar is pretty low for healing and dps tbh, mostly likely the build is wrong cause it has a satyr pet ad healing somehow in there, i play a shamicar, and usually i do between 700-800 dps with up to 600-700 hps at the end of the fight

Sword of Telara

oh, the spec he did with dps and healing didnt have the satyr pet. the pet was in the pure dps build. the numbers were taken from the 2nd boss of xDSM where the tank took 100% of the damage as well.

all and all, over the course of the entire uruluuk fight the 4 healers are all usually between 400-600 hps anyways. dosnt seem very heaing intensive AT ALL before phase 3. i'll check on the shammicar thing though.

also: in the video it looked like -only- the shammicar was DPSing the adds? or were range dps hitting it from afar? if the +50% buff works for casters that kinda sucks as the vast majority of our dps is melee :-/ (2 dps clerics, sab and BD with archon and chloro dealing magical damage)
    Last edited by Seyon; 05-28-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Just have twp of your people go behind the boss while the rest stays in front, they should soak a lot of damage. Get a rogue tank if you don't have it yet, he can tank all the adds and survive the explosion no problems.

+ Reply to Thread