+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T1 bugged, GM asked for assistance. (Large pics)

Soulwalker

Default T1 bugged, GM asked for assistance. (Large pics)

Hi everyone. Just wanting to share an experience I had today doing a T1 dungeon, where in a bug prevented us from completing it and despite the GM having been in chat with me for 20 minutes, couldn't do anything to help us.

Before you read: Even though I'm somewhat annoyed by the way GM handled it, I'm not trying to openly offend the GM with this thread, though I do would like your opinions.

Sparkwing server
    May 28, Server time 10:50 - 11:20
    Tier 1 Dungeon - The Realm of the Fae

(All bosses down except Grand Apiarist Orban)

That picture pretty much sums up the situation. We fought through the first part of the dungeon, till we came to Grand Apiarist Orban and someone accidentally aggroed it, that person died and the boss reset. However, the walls didn't come back up. I filed a support ticket as you can see in the picture and we decided to just do the rest of the dungeon while either we waited for a reply or see if it would fix itself after a while.
    (Note: I do realize at this point we could've just reset or find a new dungeon... I probably will vote for that option next time. We killed the other bosses for loot as well though.)

As the right part of the picture also shows, we finished everything but that boss. We went back and unfortunately the walls were still up. By climbing up the rocks we managed to aggro the boss, it ran to us, reset again, the walls came down. So we all moved in.. except our healer... then walls came back up! Even though we haven't fought the boss yet. We messed around some more, then our healer was out of time and had to go, a new healer was available but couldn't come due to the wall being there. Long story short, we weren't able to complete the dungeon and missed out of on 4 plaques of achievement.
    (1 from the boss, 3 from the Random T1 dungeon completement)

The GM first said he would send someone in, but changed his mind later on and left rather hastily recommending us to "Reset."

You can read the entire chat on the following 3 pics if you are interested:
    bit.ly/kXSkoq
    bit.ly/kDUNUE
    bit.ly/kSauws

Final note; Personally I believe the GM could have at least given us the plaques for finishing the dungeon or find another way to settle. Or better yet, he could've teleported the healer that logged in the game to us so we could finish it in a relative normal way.

However, if you don't care about my personal opinion, at least be advised as to when this happens to you, you are better off resetting or finding a new dungeon if you care about the completion rewards.
    Last edited by Arcticwolfx; 05-28-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwolfx View Post
    Hi everyone. Just wanting to share an experience I had today doing a T1 dungeon, where in a bug prevented us from completing it and despite the GM having been in chat with me for 20 minutes, couldn't do anything to help us.

Before you read: Even though I'm somewhat annoyed by the way GM handled it, I'm not trying to openly offend the GM with this thread, though I do would like your opinions.

Sparkwing server
    May 28, Server time 10:50 - 11:20
    Tier 1 Dungeon - The Realm of the Fae

(All bosses down except Grand Apiarist Orban)

That picture pretty much sums up the situation. We fought through the first part of the dungeon, till we came to Grand Apiarist Orban and someone accidentally aggroed it, that person died and the boss reset. However, the walls didn't come back up. I filed a support ticket as you can see in the picture and we decided to just do the rest of the dungeon while either we waited for a reply or see if it would fix itself after a while.
    (Note: I do realize at this point we could've just reset or find a new dungeon... I probably will vote for that option next time. We killed the other bosses for loot as well though.)

As the right part of the picture also shows, we finished everything but that boss. We went back and unfortunately the walls were still up. By climbing up the rocks we managed to aggro the boss, it ran to us, reset again, the walls came down. So we all moved in.. except our healer... then walls came back up! Even though we haven't fought the boss yet. We messed around some more, then our healer was out of time and had to go, a new healer was available but couldn't come due to the wall being there. Long story short, we weren't able to complete the dungeon and missed out of on 4 plaques of achievement.
    (1 from the boss, 3 from the Random T1 dungeon completement)

The GM first said he would send someone in, but changed his mind later on and left rather hastily recommending us to "Reset."

You can read the entire chat on the following 3 pics if you are interested:
    bit.ly/kXSkoq
    bit.ly/kDUNUE
    bit.ly/kSauws

Final note; Personally I believe the GM could have at least given us the plaques for finishing the dungeon or find another way to settle. Or better yet, he could've teleported the healer that logged in the game to us so we could finish it in a relative normal way.

However, if you don't care about my personal opinion, at least be advised as to when this happens to you, you are better off resetting or finding a new dungeon if you care about the completion rewards.

That already happend to us, *submit the bug*

But it took us 10-15mins to Bring the Wall Down. I mean
    On the right side; you will see a rock.. you can climb on it and go on the fend( left side )...
    At that point... Try to aggro the Boss( That will take time )
    Once you manage to get the aggro since you are on the fend.. the wall will go down and the Boss will Reset;

To move out of the Fend; to back to the Rock else you will be stock on that Fend

*Sorry for my english*

Prophet of Telara

If an instance ever bugs, you can have everybody leave it for about 15 minutes or so then it "soft resets". Trash respawns that were tied to bosses you didn't kill, and certain things like the walls not coming down will be fixed.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    If an instance ever bugs, you can have everybody leave it for about 15 minutes or so then it "soft resets". Trash respawns that were tied to bosses you didn't kill, and certain things like the walls not coming down will be fixed.
    Thanks for that information.

I wonder if a "soft reset" function could be implented so it can be triggered manually if done effectively. Perhaps minus the trash respawns hehe.

Plane Walker

Man I didn't bother reading the short novel. But why not just leave and come back and do it another day, or reset it? I mean is it really worth putting a ticket in for? That is why people get generic responses on serious issues they have. Yeah it sucks you missed a day but it's not the end of the world and...just man.

+ Reply to Thread