+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I Have More Plaques for Running T1 and T2 Dungeons Please?

Soulwalker

Default Can I Have More Plaques for Running T1 and T2 Dungeons Please?

I liked getting 10/20 plaques per T1/T2 daily. I liked armor being cheaper. It made me feel like I could attain my set of armor or whatever and be on my way. I'm not going to make a huge post with pros and cons to having a longer grind towards getting my T2 armor set. I am just making this post to ask outright if we can go back to getting more plaques and having the armor costs reduced again back to what they were in (I think) version 1.1.

And yes, some of the dungeons are "easier" in relation to player skill. Most of them still take quite some time to finish. I don't like grinding all day.

I don't usually make posts like this, but I feel like it's getting to the point where I can fill out my t2 gear by the end of the year. That's not what I had envisioned when I got to 50.

Shadowlander

yes this would be nice due to bad drop tables and over priced tier gear
    most of us are NOT hardcore no life gamers
    so most of us do not want it to take weeks to get a single item, the drop rates of gear sucks.
    248 for chest 188 for shoulders ect is a bit dam much since you get 12-18 plaques per run if completed under random with bonus.
    so for most of us doing 1 maybe 2 runs if everything goes right. this is 1 to 2 weeks for any item 3 for higher priced ones.
    sorry i dont have time to play for 8 hours every day i have a real life, but this should not exclude us from gearing up for raid content.

I'm starting to be really, really, really, really unmotivated to run any more T2 dungeons. I haven't seen a good drop in many hours. And at the rate that I'm earning plaque's, it'll be a long, long, long, long time before I can buy any T2 pieces.

The grind is truly setting in because the rewards are far too sporadic and rare.

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    I'm starting to be really, really, really, really unmotivated to run any more T2 dungeons. I haven't seen a good drop in many hours. And at the rate that I'm earning plaque's, it'll be a long, long, long, long time before I can buy any T2 pieces.

The grind is truly setting in because the rewards are far too sporadic and rare.
    Yea I'm getting burnt out of experts as well. Drops are no longer tempting, and the few pieces that are I've yet to see drop. It's just a plaque grind and you need even more now.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Soulwalker

Default I agree

Get us back the dailies or boost the PoA
    Lesser PoA, More Expensive Gear.
    Return our Drops to what it was in previous please.
    the current drop rates is hard very hard i tell you.
    And i suggest if there is a specific class that is not in the run like (Ex.Warrior) no warrior Drops.

Any way fix this fast pelase it is getting Frustrating

Ascendant

Unless they boost the difficulty of experts.. Then the current plaque situation is fine (if not too generous)

at 1.2 i had 292 plaques.. 2 1/2 weeks later im at 924

Thats 632 plaques in 17 days or about 37 plaques a day with pretty much no difficulty at all.. And the items i actually want from the dungeons still haven't dropped (runebinder etc)

IMHO plaques aren't the problem.. The only reason why it feels like a grind atm is the easy experts and the horrendous droprate on decent items..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Shadowlander

agree with OP. the carrot is just so far away for the casual time gamer. I cant play like I use to and run 2 or 3 dungeons a day. The price of the gear either needs to come down significantly or the plaques must go up. Getting a tier 2 set is so far away that I dont even want to log in and run any dungeons...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Unless they boost the difficulty of experts.. Then the current plaque situation is fine (if not too generous)

Thats 632 plaques in 17 days or about 37 plaques a day with pretty much no difficulty at all.. And the items i actually want from the dungeons still haven't dropped (runebinder etc)

IMHO plaques aren't the problem.. The only reason why it feels like a grind atm is the easy experts and the horrendous droprate on decent items..
    these are the type of people 99% of us are not your in full gear prob t3 so its too easy for you great go raid,
    the rest of us do not have the time to run instances for 12 hours a day
    the drops need to improve
    the cost needs to be lowered or the plaque drops increased
    unless you want this to become another dead game with the few hardcores like him left please fix things
    1 person who pays 15$ a month and plays 23 hours a day is worth less then 2 people that pay 15$ a month and play for a hour a day.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post

Now your plaq gain seem a lot because you have the time to run at least 2-3 random instances per night. My current schedule has always allowed me max 1-2 instances. A single daily T2 while harder still nets me similar 32 plaqs for the similar time you do 2 easier instances. No matter how easy you need 1-2 hours for 2 instances. That is same amount of time I do old T2 instances.

But I feel more rewarded. More fun. More epic chances too! I did not have to rely on plaq gear because the drops are better or equally sufficient.

Now 1.2 makes instances more friendly for everyone. But it simply sucks the fun out into a boring grind. It is not as rewarding and enjoyable anymore.

Plane Walker

I agree that the 1.2 plaque system is ******ed. 1.1 put in changes to make it viable for people that dont play 8+ hours a day and then 1.2 undid that. Anyone with a full time job just isnt going to have the time to do the 3+ instances a day that the new system requires. I play 4-5 hours a night and on most nights can only get a single run in. With the significant population drop since the 1.2 patch I really hope the undo the plaque changes, since I doubt the extra people showing up on the server from the character transfers are really going to help much.

Many people that used to do dungeons every day prior to 1.2 coming out have not logged on much at all in my guild over the last 2 weeks.

Telaran

Lol and the whining starts anew, first the instances were tooo hard, now "i don't get enough plaques".
    Seriously why don't you just ask Trion to give you the gear when you log in....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Coven View Post
    Lol and the whining starts anew, first the instances were tooo hard, now "i don't get enough plaques".
    Seriously why don't you just ask Trion to give you the gear when you log in....
    Spend a little time calculating the expected number of runs it will take a new level 50 to get geared for raiding. Take into account a standard player can only do 1-2 runs a day. With the screwed up drop rates and the new plaque gain rate its going to take 3+ months for people to get to the raiding point where previously it would be under a month.

They need to just undo all the changes they made to dungeons in 1.2.

They have destroyed the T2 dungeons, I'm just glad I got my main geared before this ridiculous patch, I very much doubt I'll be taking any alts through the grind they have introduced and the useless blue drops.
    Last edited by Rilman; 05-28-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmaster35 View Post
    Spend a little time calculating the expected number of runs it will take a new level 50 to get geared for raiding. Take into account a standard player can only do 1-2 runs a day. With the screwed up drop rates and the new plaque gain rate its going to take 3+ months for people to get to the raiding point where previously it would be under a month.

They need to just undo all the changes they made to dungeons in 1.2.
    This just sums it up.
    If it doesnt change quickly I will loose interest and move on.

I can do 1 sometimes 2 runs per day if lucky. Having crap blue loot in T2 and a small amount of plaques (compared to whats needed to buy an item) makes it such a long grind that I am not interested in going through it.

+ Reply to Thread