+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFG Tool - Definite problems

Rift Disciple

Default LFG Tool - Definite problems

Last night I started experimenting with the LFG tool and found some definite problems with it.

I queued up as dps and support for both t1 and t2 and after 2 hours no dungeon.

So, I re-queued as tank/dps/support (rogue) and after another hour ... no dungeon. So I figured must not be any healers in the queue. I ask in general chat and at least 2 healers said they had been in the queue for awhile.

A guildie then chimed in saying he was actually queued as a group with a tank and a healer and they just needed 1 dps and 1 support to get going. He said they had been in the queue for an hour.

So i asked in general how many dps were in the queue and of course there were at least 10 responses.

Yes, we just manually formed our groups then and got going, but what the hell is up with the tool? This isnt a population problem. This is a bug of some sort.

it would be nice if Trion would give us a tab to see a count of what all roles are currently queued up. Might shine some more light on the problem.

Anyone else been noticing this?
    Every so often words are spoken that alter the course of our lives....

Well..my money dont lag, my money dont are nerfed, my money dont are bug, now Trion equlibrate souls or give me my money back!

- Greegan

I have been suspecting this is the case for a while. I use the tool a lot, and i get quite a few groups with it, but there have been times when i know there is at least 1 of everything LFG and still no group is formed. I wish there was a counter or something. You want to keep it anonymous, fine, but at least give me a 20 dps, 10 support, 2 healer, 0 tanks display or something. But then, we could tell if its broken....

Soulwalker

Would be nice to get some type of response to this. Did one of the recent patches break something? Seems like the LFG tool was working fine for the first week or so, and now I spend 2 hours at a time waiting in it with no group formed.

Rift Disciple

I have wondered for some time now if they havent set the thing to fill groups based on who was in que first/longest i.e. a dps has been qued longer than the healer in que, there is a group almost formed that only needs a healer but since the healer isnt at the top of the que, a dps is, the group isnt formed untill that dps gets tired of waiting and drops out of que, placing the healer at the top and forming the grp.

Rift Disciple

I agree it would be very nice to get a response to this since it directly shows a problem with the tool.

It may be that we need to start doing this on a daily basis and start posting the findings.

It could be a number of things causing the problem, but it still needs addressed. We need to know the weighting system behind the queue. I get that the system is first come first served, as long as it is based on role.

It could also be things like a dps selecting specific dungeon and all the rest of the dps behind them getting held up until that one guy gets a group for that specific dungeon.

Maybe lockout timers still causing problems? who knows. But when you are talking to people in general chat and it is obvious there is more than enough people in the queue to form up multiple parties with no party as a result... its broke.
    Every so often words are spoken that alter the course of our lives....

Well..my money dont lag, my money dont are nerfed, my money dont are bug, now Trion equlibrate souls or give me my money back!

- Greegan

My suspicion is that parties of 2-4 are somehow clogging the queue. If one party of 4 is at the top of the queue and just needs a tank for example, then a tank and healer or a tank and a dps who are queuing together might have to wait until the tank has been found for the first group even though there could be enough healers or dps around to fill the second. Just speculation of course.
    Last edited by Perros_The_Second; 05-27-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Rift Disciple

I que up for allroles and have yet to have this work for me, ever...

Plane Touched

I've had the queue work exactly one time. Every other time I sat in it for hours with no group.

Telaran

Default Game breaker

My issue is different but more severe. Instead of not queuing us up when we knew other classes of the right type were waiting in queue, it would let us queue up at all!

It was a Cleric dps, Chloro Mage heals/support, Rogue dps/support, Cleric dps/heals, and Cleric tank, all friends. We tried every which combination of 2 dps, 1 tank,heal, and support we could muster and the dungeon finder wouldn't let us queue. We knew it wasn't any of us because all of us had gotten into the dungeon queue before with other groups that same day. However it just stopped working for all of us.
    We just ran a T1 dungeon instead without the finder for a measly six plaques, disgusting.

And get this, the Rogue and the Cleric dps leaves, and we invite a Warrior, so it's Warrior tank/dps, Chloro heals/support, Cleric dps, and Cleric tank, and NO FIFTH member. We tried to use dungeon finder to pug the 5th but we kept getting the same error that "too many duplicate roles are in the group". How is that even possible with only 4 people! As mentioned before we did everything, regrouped several times, cycled through our specs, and we all were geared for T1 and most of us even for T2, so it should have been a non-issue.

We just logged off because we knew we weren't going to convince anybody not even dps to pug a T1 group for only a ridiculous 6 plaques when a single piece of T2 costs 230+ plaques.

Sounds like someone needs to fix their conditionals.

I agree I think it's something related to multi-role queuing. One night I queued up for Heals & DPS... nothing for an hour. I grouped up for a rift, came out, re-queued as just healer, BOOM insta-queue.

I queued up for Tank/Heals/DPS yesterday...3 HOURS not a bite. (It would've been longer but the server restarted for the most recent update).

C'mon Trion, get this thing working already.

Or at LEAST acknowledge there's SOME kind of issue and tell us how best to work around it already.

Telaran

It's sad, but I already feel it's too late on my server. the LFD tool has been broken so long that the guilds that have all the tanks and heals don't even bother to use it anymore and the people that can't pug simply log off to do/play something else. At this rate both sides are going to get stuck because the high level guilds who have all the gear but not enough players to fill out a 20-man group can't progress. And Then the other players trying to get geared can't cut it on a measly 6 plaques a run, so progression has just grinded to a halt.

How are the devs supposed to fix the huge gear divide between already geared T2 players and LFD tool that's been pretty much abandoned by both sides. A Divide that is only getting bigger by the day.

I don't even know if they can at this point, it seems like the damage to the community is already done, and every guild on my server not already in Greenscale is feeling it.

+ Reply to Thread