+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I got kicked from a Dungeon Group... tell me why please...

Telaran

Default I got kicked from a Dungeon Group... tell me why please...

FRAT warning... read if you're bored.

I'm a casual player, who has been playing a little more the past few weeks and just made it to 49 yesterday. I lurk on these forums and from time to time participate, but I am no hardcore gamer.

I cannot tell you anything about all that "armour stuff" you guys keep talking about, Tier X or Y, but I think I know the souls I'm playing and am no bad player... largely cause I "do the homework" and keep myself informed through these forums.

That said, I was questing towards 50 yesterday and decided to try the LFG random Dungeon option (4th night I tried this, NEVER got a pop). All of a suddon: ZOMFG are you ready? YES I AM.

So I get ported into the dungeon and join a group of 4 others. Just for kicks I started the newly installed adv combat logger and watched in on my second monitor. We started going through the dungeon, it all went well, I played my PVE Sin/BD/RS AE Build. It all went well, my dmg meter put me right below the lvl 50 caster and ahead of the others.

There are alot of drops, and like the first 4 were either chain, plate or cloth. I always pressed Greed and the others took the items. Then a leather helmet dropped. I looked at it, saw that it was way better than mine, and put in a need. There was a roll, and I got it.

We play on and there are a few big elite mobs... I get too close and die. After the fight I get rezzed. We run on..and all of a sudden I realize it says: The group voted to kick me. I want to say something, but was not in the group anymore.

Then I get ported out of the dungeon. So I start telling the players, wanting to know why... I thought I probably broke some "Thing you should know" Rule or something. the 3rd one answerd and said "because you died". And then before I could type more "and you also stole item".

I said sorry, that I was not aware of that .. and what the rule was about this... but never heard back.

What the heck did I do wrong? I was hesitant to use the LFG again, cause I don't want to be the "Ahole" that does "that thing" that you never should do...

Sounds like you did nothing wrong. Avoid them in the future, as they are obviously not people you want to play with.

Prophet of Telara

Can't say from your side of the story.

There are always two sides.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

was it possibly a tanking item you got instead of a dps item? this is the only thing i can think of

I have to agree, you didn't do anything wrong. Even if you did I would think mature players would obligate themselves to give you a heads up before they decided to kick you. Greed if you don't need, Need if you do - standard stuff. And if getting killed gets you kicked I guess they won't find a lot of players to group with - it happens.

^If it was an upgrade for him it doesn't really matter one way or another.

OP, it sounds like they were just being jerks. So far, in my experience, they're not a common sight in rift.

Rift Chaser

Either there's more to the story or you just ran into a jerky group.

I honestly expect DPS to die at random times during most instance runs (just not on bosses preferably) just because sometimes you get caught up in fighting and don't notice your health going down. Unless you were dying every fight I don't see why that'd be a problem. The item roll sounds like it should be fine; unless you had a rogue tank and the leather item was tank gear I'm not sure what excuse they could have for punting you for that.

It's also possible they kicked you for a reason they didn't say, like they wanted to friend to join and wanted to make you think you were to blame for being kicked so they didn't look like jerks.

Short version: unless you're leaving something out sounds like you just got unlucky with who you ended up with. Pre-50 you might be better off just using chat to form groups.

Soulwalker

Some people take video games way too seriously. What I refer to these people as, are elite wanna be scum. They are the raid leader ****'s of video games.

Everything must be perfect for them, or they will kick you. Did you accidentally pull a mob? Well bye, you are kicked out. Did you accidentally die? Well Goodbye.

These people believe that they are better than everyone else, and just cause you died once, they feel they can kick you out. They give loot to who they decide it goes to.

Say you don't have an enchant, or you like a different soul spec that is not the one 'you are supposed to use'. Bam, you have been kicked.

It is people like this who ruin any game, and I do not associative myself with them.

Yes I am new to this game Rift, I actually love it, but I know these people exist in rift, because they existed in world of warcraft. Since I am a 'noob' and learning to game, there is a chance I may accidentally die or pull a mob or something, which in turn will get me kicked, and in turn wasting over an hour of my time. And we all know time is money.

There is no way to fix this unless all the **** raid and party leaders drop dead in their tracks.

Don't let this bother you, these people are mean. There are people who REFUSE TO RES, if you died, because they say you died and you should run back, even though a res would be so much quicker.

They are elite scum who don't deserve to play, or should be playing on their own 'elite' server.

I personally res EVERYONE I can, because as a healer I feel it is my duty. Don't let these evil people ruin the game for you as they did to me in world of warcraft. It's better to just play and have fun, or give up the game entirely because of people like this. Hope this helps somehow.

Shield of Telara

Put them on your ignore list and re-queue. Continue to always take upgrades, you didn't steal anything. You were doing the fights the same as them.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

RIFT Guide Writer

Were they all/mostly in the same guild?

Era
    Champion of Telara

On the flip side, you'll also have groups that'll stay through 10 wipes (damn you AP) before breaking up because of someone (me) having connection issues...
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

I don't see anything terrible in your conduct, but my gut says we don't have the whole story. Like someone above pointed out, there's always two sides. There may have been more going on than you were aware of, and I don't want to rush to villianize your group in this case.

The next time you get in a dungeon, it might be a good idea to give a heads-up to your team. "Hey guys, this is my first time, but I'm a quick learner." Helps your group know if they need to quickly explain a fight to you, or even loot rules, whatever.

Also just make an effort to talk to your team, be friendly. Say thank you to your healer for throwing some green numbers your way. Ask "Mind if I need?" before needing. No, these things aren't *required*. But they do help to smooth things over in group situations. Otherwise, when a situation goes wrong, it's easy for us to assume the worst about people.
    ~~If you like to protect players, roll a tank. If you like doing damage, roll a dps. If you want the power to choose who lives and who dies, it's probably a good thing you're playing a video game.~~

Put them on ignore, the system will prevent you from ever having to put up with them again.

You did nothing wrong from your story and if they couldn't tell you anything but the bull you quote them as providing then don't sweat it. There are jerks. You met some. Most people aren't jerks and you have the technical capacity to eliminate the few who are from your gaming experience.

If you really think there might be a problem with something you did then post this on your server forum.
    Last edited by Stabsy; 05-27-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by eveleaf View Post

The next time you get in a dungeon, it might be a good idea to give a heads-up to your team. "Hey guys, this is my first time, but I'm a quick learner." Helps your group know if they need to quickly explain a fight to you, or even loot rules, whatever.
    Always, always, always tell the group if you're new to the instance. It could have been something as small as not stacking up or pulling the "turtles". Or not knowing a mechanic and taking more damage than you should. If they know, then most of the time, people are more forgiving. If they just think you're lazy, then they can be a lot less forgiving.

Telaran

Thanks for all the feedback.

I don't know if they were in the same guild, didnt pay any attention to it. right in the beginning of the Dungeon I told everybody that it was my first time here, so please let me know about things I need to know...

As for the "every story has two sides": I could not agree more. But not in the sense that I'm holding back some part of the story... I wanted to know what I did wrong, and this is why I started this thread... I thought maybe I just thought that I did nothing wrong, but from a different perspective people would tell me: no, you never do XY....

The only thing that I could think of after your answers would be the rogue tank gear. It indeed WAS a rogue that was tanking! the Item I took looked like mine, with more dex and more AC. The + was physical crit... maybe that was it?

I would have gladly "greeded" the item if they would have told me before, I was just excited to see that dungeon for the first time after using that queue for so long... thats it...

Oh well, thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll just try again and maybe next time also ask about any looting rules beforehand...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast