+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easiest class to play in a dungeon?

Soulwalker

Default Easiest class to play in a dungeon?

I'm just wondering which class is the easiest to play in a dungeon, one which has the most room for mistake.

I tend to lag..a lot...Which is why i'm looking for a stress-free class.

Prophet of Telara

Mage using a stormcaller aoe build that does not require targeting probably. As long as you can properly position the aoe and just requeue the skill it is probably the easiest.

Rogues and Warriors need to spam skills. Cleric melee DPS also spams skills.

Of course if you do go Mage you could very easily be expected to Chloro, then you would be hosed.
    Last edited by Phage; 05-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post
    Mage using a stormcaller aoe build that does not require targeting probably. As long as you can properly position the aoe and just requeue the skill it is probably the easiest.

Of course if you do go Mage you could very easily be expected to Chloro, then you would be hosed.
    Mages in general have many buttons compared to other classes. My chloro or especially stormcaller build requires much more work than my rogue in dungeons. Stormcaller done well has a hideous rotation.

I would say the easiest class is a warrior. Spam the 1 or 2 macro.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    Mages in general have many buttons compared to other classes. My chloro or especially stormcaller build requires much more work than my rogue in dungeons. Stormcaller done well has a hideous rotation.

I would say the easiest class is a warrior. Spam the 1 or 2 macro.
    If you have tons of lag, a 1.5 sec GCD is not your friend.

I don't actually know Stormcaller's rotation or ability to just spam that hurricane move so it very may be harder. Chloro definitely requires a solid connection, but I imagine some form of mage aoe is likely the easiest.

Remember if you're lagging a ton you will likely be facing a huge DPS penalty in general so you might be better off spamming hurricane without electrocution or whatever you stack with forked lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage View Post

Mage SC is more complicated then you think it is..
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

Ascendant

a lot more complicated.

warrior or rogue for sure. saboteur might be easiest, don't have to get carpel tunnel from mashing your macro button.

Prophet of Telara

It also really depends on how serious of lag we're talking about.

I know when my net has been comcastic I've resorted to Circle of Oblivion at times because the aoe is huge and doesn't require targeting and can be queued for a total of 12 casting seconds. It is far better than missing every other GCD or constantly being out of range, line of sight, etc etc.

If you're receiving a brief delay where you can react enough to queue up a skill rogue or warrior or even melee cleric DPS are all completely valid.

Melee builds can often be boiled down to a few spammable macros, which is obviously quite easy. But compared to ranged classes, you have to worry more about movement and positioning. Especially for some boss encounters, poor melee movement/positioning can easily lead to death.

yay for a laggy players i do NOT recommend any form of melee.

your positioning is always vital, and lag will get you killed on bosses or random mobs pulled wiping your party.
    Ranged DPS of any type. Complicated rotations really have no bearing on a lag problem because they will queue just as fast as a simple macro rotation build. It is simply a matter of your position staying overall in a safe spot through like spikes, and being able to queue ranged rotation throughout any consistent lag.

GL meng!

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Ascendant

Bard is about the easiest possible

Banned

I would have to second Xney with bard and also recommend Marksman for descent DPS while not worrying about a pet. You can also set your clients settings to dual queue abilities so that your abilities will go in the order you hit them and it will cut down on the lag a lot more.

When I'm playing a marksman I usually open by casting my sniper as the tank pulls, then just target the tank and rotate through the most useful shot and finishers. Unless there are movement concerns on a boss that's generally all you do.

Same as bard, it's just cadence, the two point builder, and a coda of choice depending on what's applicable. Sometimes it's pup out verse of joy or the other 'holy crap' button, but you'll know it when you see it.

Some cleric builds would work well too because you can queue teh next command as your spell is casting and things along that line. Generally you want to avoid being melee, or the tank, or a healer. Anything else should work out OK but personally I would avoid pets.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    Bard is about the easiest possible
    Buy a G10 and you can read a book or partake in some other recreational activity while your party is fighting, then return and collect loots.
    Pestis - Mage - Belmont

For all people that think warriors are jut about 2 button macros, you are only partially right. A warrior that uses a 5 macro rotation will do around 15% more dps then one just spamming that one macro due to better management of order of the abilities. And there is the positioning issue, as well as pet management if you are BM speced and want to do best dps possible. Druid have by far the easiest rotation as dps, but you will always get flak for not healing if you are a cleric

I think saboteur is the easiest dps out there, you have 3 buttons to use and that is it, you can stay in range, can move while dpsing, everything is just set up to be user friendly.
    Last edited by Khoro; 05-26-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoro View Post
    For all people that think warriors are jut about 2 button macros, you are only partially right. A warrior that uses a 5 macro rotation will do around 15% more dps then one just spamming that one macro due to better management of order of the abilities. And there is the positioning issue, as well as pet management if you are BM speced and want to do best dps possible. Druid have by far the easiest rotation as dps, but you will always get flak for not healing if you are a cleric

I think saboteur is the easiest dps out there, you have 3 buttons to use and that is it, you can stay in range, can move while dpsing, everything is just set up to be user friendly.
    The 2-3 button spam can also apply to Mage single target dps, but you'd probably drop 20-40% dps depending on gear.

Raging storm for 3 stacks of electrify
    Ice shear for 12% more air damage
    Lightning Field x7

Then rinse repeat

AoE dps is a little trickier, but Forked Lightning x1/Lightning Fieldx1 spam will probably do nice aoe dps. That can do roughly 2.5k aoe dps for me in a raid setting on 3 mobs.
    Last edited by ethix; 05-26-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by ethix View Post
    The 2-3 button spam can also apply to Mage single target dps, but you'd probably drop 20-40% dps depending on gear.

Raging storm for 3 stacks of electrify
    Ice shear for 12% more air damage
    Lightning Field x7

Then rinse repeat

AoE dps is a little trickier, but Forked Lightning x1/Lightning Fieldx1 spam will probably do nice aoe dps. That can do roughly 2.5k aoe dps for me in a raid setting on 3 mobs.
    Yeah, the biggest problem now with mage aoe rotation is that the UI does not show electrified stacks well, so you have to count them in your head. I can not say that any class has some hard rotation you can't manage, everything is nice and smooth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast