+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Guurloth GP

Default Question about Guurloth GP

So we crush Anrak and move on to Guurloth. Everyone was familiar with the fight including a few who had cleared GP previously.

My questions is how to time the jump ability. We have limited success spamming jump with around 2-4 people taking damage while jumping. We even had one member die in mid air.

Nothing is more frustrating than failing without knowing why you are failing.

Some parts of this fight just seem a little too RNG.

Jump phase + tornado = wipe | You are counted as standing still when you land if you get hit by a tornado.

Run phase + tornado = wipe | Same as above.

Fun fight but some aspects seem to need a bit of work. I'd appreciate any tips you might have for limiting the RNG aspects.

well it's awareness fight, not a RNG fight really.

When he says jump, I start jumping before the shockwaves come, havent been hit by one yet.

As for tornados, when your running you can easily dodge them + you can jump backwards or forwards (or whatever way to avoid them)
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/10

Chloromacers who macro their spells suck

Plane Touched

He starts a cast bar as soon as he makes the call out for jumping. I try to time my first jump a split second after the cast finishes. It works most of the time.
    People use the words "casual" and "bad" interchangeably, when in reality we should not. A casual player in an mmo is someone who plays the game but due to outside events cannot play it for long periods of time. A bad is a player who stands in the fire, ignores boss mechanics, complains about the former, makes nonsensical statements, wants to be pandered to, and all around tanks most mmos.

Its like if I pay to take a college course that I know is supposed to be hard and instead of taking it, I complain and bother the professors that it is to hard. I dont study, I dont practice, I just complain. After all I am paying for the course so I should get an A+.

I have not see mmos go harder only easier. I dont think for a second that trion is "pandering to the casuals that ruin our games", no I think it is that trion is making mistakes and feels that the bads who play their game for 3 months and leave are worth more than those who play for the entirety of its life.

-Robertosaget

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlothotep View Post
    My questions is how to time the jump ability. We have limited success spamming jump with around 2-4 people taking damage while jumping. We even had one member die in mid air.
    One issue people make is when they start taking damage, they don't switch up their timing and continue to jump...taking damage each time. If you see your health drop wait a fraction second then go back to jumping. Your timing should be fixed at that point to no longer take damage

Jump phase + tornado = wipe | You are counted as standing still when you land if you get hit by a tornado.

Run phase + tornado = wipe | Same as above.
    The jumping issue is kind of a pain with tornados. Just heal through it at that point really. (There are some special spots where the tornados do not go)

The running issue, well if you focus on running to avoid the tornados you take out two gimmicks at once.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

+ Reply to Thread