+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: t3 Raiding info question

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Gylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Question t3 Raiding info question

    Hey guys, I've been trying to find a lot of info about raiding in rift. I have a background in raiding in EQ and WoW for several years. I'm currently leading a raid that is 3/5 GSB, and I have a few questions:

    1) I've been trying to locate a list of which bosses in current t3 content drop which token pieces. I've heard a few conflicting stories about people getting chest tokens off duke(sounds bogus to me) and I'd like to set the story straight from some of you who have been actively downing content.

    2) What are the hit caps required for raiding? Reading the tooltip for t3 raids Trion has provided, one would assume 200+ hit. I've also heard claims of ROGUE -- 240; WARRIOR -- 220; CASTER -- 200. Can anyone set this straight? I'm not 100% on what to require as a minimum and what is a maximum, currently I only ask for everyone to be at 200 and we seem to do okay.

    3) If anyone has a recommended progression for the bosses it would be a great help, we're not hardcore raiders by any standard but I've been unable to locate any detailed information on a kill order for fresh guilds, my thinking was to try Hylas but if it's simply not the correct order or we will need to gear up beforehand then I don't want to waste our 3 hours fruitlessly.

    Thanks in advance for any help, I'm normally not a forum user but I've tried searching for this stuff via google and the built in search function but I guess the terms are too general to return any gold.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Verodio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gylas View Post
    Hey guys, I've been trying to find a lot of info about raiding in rift. I have a background in raiding in EQ and WoW for several years. I'm currently leading a raid that is 3/5 GSB, and I have a few questions:

    1) I've been trying to locate a list of which bosses in current t3 content drop which token pieces. I've heard a few conflicting stories about people getting chest tokens off duke(sounds bogus to me) and I'd like to set the story straight from some of you who have been actively downing content.

    2) What are the hit caps required for raiding? Reading the tooltip for t3 raids Trion has provided, one would assume 200+ hit. I've also heard claims of ROGUE -- 240; WARRIOR -- 220; CASTER -- 200. Can anyone set this straight? I'm not 100% on what to require as a minimum and what is a maximum, currently I only ask for everyone to be at 200 and we seem to do okay.

    3) If anyone has a recommended progression for the bosses it would be a great help, we're not hardcore raiders by any standard but I've been unable to locate any detailed information on a kill order for fresh guilds, my thinking was to try Hylas but if it's simply not the correct order or we will need to gear up beforehand then I don't want to waste our 3 hours fruitlessly.

    Thanks in advance for any help, I'm normally not a forum user but I've tried searching for this stuff via google and the built in search function but I guess the terms are too general to return any gold.
    1. Chest drops from Greenscale. Haven't seen it from anyone else.

    2. The current raids are not T3. Both GS and RoS are considered T1 raids (they are equal) and Hammerknell will be a T2 raid. You need 200 hit/focus for Greenscale and 220 for RoS. There's some debate but 209 really seems to be the sweetspot. It does not change per class.

    3. The order that they're listed in for the zone quest is pretty much dead on.

    I need to add, I'm not sure how you define fruitlessly but when it comes to progression, you need to be prepared to spend a lot of time learning the bosses and it can take days or even weeks to get past certain spots. You should look at progress as learning to get past a certain phase and move on to the next one over and over. Even if you're not killing the boss. Eventually you will get him down but not until EVERYONE is able to perform each one of the phases and move on to the next. Progression's not easy but the hardest part of it really is patience and the willingness to accept small steps as progress along the way to the bigger goal. Remember, others have done it too so whatever it is that you're fighting, it can be done.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gylas View Post
    Hey guys, I've been trying to find a lot of info about raiding in rift. I have a background in raiding in EQ and WoW for several years. I'm currently leading a raid that is 3/5 GSB, and I have a few questions:

    1) I've been trying to locate a list of which bosses in current t3 content drop which token pieces. I've heard a few conflicting stories about people getting chest tokens off duke(sounds bogus to me) and I'd like to set the story straight from some of you who have been actively downing content.
    Possible Gloves off first three bosses in GSB
    Shoulders: Hylas
    Chest: Greenscale
    Boots: Herald
    Helm: Plutonus
    Legs: Alsbeth.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    273

    Default

    I'm raid lead of a small casual guild, and we're 4/5 GS (should be 5/5 this week end if we have the good people connected) and 2/4 prophecy, we havent started RoS.
    1) Has been covered. See this site for full loot list : http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...e=browse&id=38
    2) Regarding 100% hit chances, 200 is not enougth for casters or melee. 220 seems to give good results, but anyway, once you're full T2 geared, hit/focus is not an issue. Also, while it's a mandatory stat, it's not enought to have those stats.
    3) Hylas is not hard, but is the first boss where healers have some work. If you can do the first boss in GP, you can do Hylas, and vice versa. LGS, it seems you need both good heals, tanks, and everyone on the edge to move and do what's needed. But it doesnt feel hard.
    I've heard first two bosses of RoS are not that hard.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Gylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    So the tier tokens are only a "possible" drop? I only ask because today we downed the first 3 and got 0 tokens. Was going to submit a ticket because we've gotten drops on the first 2 for the past 2 weeks. Also thanks for the info guys, was not aware of that xanadu site :]

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gylas View Post
    So the tier tokens are only a "possible" drop? I only ask because today we downed the first 3 and got 0 tokens. Was going to submit a ticket because we've gotten drops on the first 2 for the past 2 weeks. Also thanks for the info guys, was not aware of that xanadu site :]
    Gloves seem to be random for us too. The others have dropped 100% of the time.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    Gloves seem to be random for us too. The others have dropped 100% of the time.
    Absolutely : we had only a handfull of gloves tokens on our multiple kills of those first 3. Hylas drops always 1 shoulder token.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    As far as your progression you should consider doing some of RoS to supplement your Greenscale nights. Also make sure your guildmates have as much Life resist for Hylas as possible(Life Raid Rifts for essences). Theres also several tricks for decreasing how hard his Soul Fracture hits for.

    If you notice someone is dying alot have them go get HP gear or Endurance items.
    Hylas is all about people paying attention and healers doing their job quick.

    I would say though if you get stuck on a mob the next night try RoS. Warmaster is very easy its just having EVERYONE pay attention.

    Plutonous is a pure DPS check (although a rather high one).

    If you can get Warmaster atleast thats more loot for your guild to progress as well as you can kill 2 Foci for 2 more pieces of loot.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    In terms of difficulty, which boss is after Warmaster, Plutonus or Herald?

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiskScarhide View Post
    In terms of difficulty, which boss is after Warmaster, Plutonus or Herald?
    I heard Herald was harder than LGS, while Plutonus was "just" an advanced form of DPS race.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    I heard Herald was harder than LGS, while Plutonus was "just" an advanced form of DPS race.
    Herald is, for all extensive purposes (and in my opinion), the hardest 20 Man boss out there. Granted even that isn't difficult but compared to the rest we've wiped more while learning Herald then any other encounter. A badly missed interrupt (if your tank gets the debuff) is bad news
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

  12. #12
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Warmaster completely relies on people paying attention. Plutonus is a DPS check sure, but in my experience it was more of getting positioning correct for sub 50% phases.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts