+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plate Tank Shoulders, Gronik, xCC?

Default Plate Tank Shoulders, Gronik, xCC?

Has anyone seen these shoulders drop since 1.2?

I'd been trying to get these shoulders prior to 1.2, but in 12 runs it didnt drop for me. Now, ive done 9 complete runs post 1.2 and still, no shoulders. I know the buffed plaque gear is slightly better, but i absolutely despise the way the plaque shoulders look. Either way im wondering if they even exist in the game anymore.

Rift Disciple Atheos of Dimroot's Avatar

Been well over 40 CC runs since launch and have yet to have gronik's plate shoulders drop. Gotta love RNG

Drives me **** crazy. So far they're the only shoulder slot item i actually like the way that looks. The rest are either "meh" or "seriously, ****ing seriously?"

They exist, seen them drop last night from Gronik when I did my random.

Get the plaque ones (They're better stat-wise anyways) and just find a pair in the AH you like in looks, then just put those in your costume slot. Saves time and frustration trying to get them.
    Retired from Rift since May 31, 2011.

Fortunately I got these before 1.2. I'm still hunting Kaler's Shortbow now myself.
    Gestalt - Dayblind <PvP> - Defiant

If you didn't get it prior to 1.2 you're pretty much out of luck. My advice would be focusing on the items you can't replace with plaque gear.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusDV View Post
    They exist, seen them drop last night from Gronik when I did my random.

Get the plaque ones (They're better stat-wise anyways) and just find a pair in the AH you like in looks, then just put those in your costume slot. Saves time and frustration trying to get them.
    Thats the problem, there are only really about 4 variations on plate shoulders, and they all look really pretty bad.

i guess my beef is i had been trying to get them for almost 3 weeks before 1.2 and had no luck, and now i've run it a bunch more times and i was worried they dont even exist. Plus, since i started raiding, i'm really needing to spend plaques on getting some t2 DPS pieces to fill what i dont have since DPS plate seems to also have stopped dropping xCC.

But ya i know what you're saying ;-). Im just frustrated is all.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hrimnir View Post
    Thats the problem, there are only really about 4 variations on plate shoulders, and they all look really pretty bad.
    Check out the crafted darkmetal ones as far as looks go. I personally think they are pretty cool. They are on the bigger side and the xCC ones are pretty small so maybe its not your taste. Just throwing this out there as something you might not have seen yet.

If you want to hear something more frustrating I did somewhere in the neighborhood of 45ish xCC runs pre 1.2 and never got the plate BP which should have just been a 1/4 chance back then. Keep in mind the final boss was buggy as hell then too.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Schall View Post
    Fortunately I got these before 1.2. I'm still hunting Kaler's Shortbow now myself.
    I do also. But I need Insanity Sliver also. I hear that trinket drop from last boss after 1.2 patch.

The Sliver drops often from last boss in AP. But Groniks shoulders was hard to get before 1.2 now it's almost impossible. Glad i got mine in time XD
    Last edited by Angryweasel; 05-27-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Seen them drop, oddly when not needed by anyone in the party and I ended up with them on a greed role.

Which seems to be how it happens, go figuare. Max times Ive seen them drop are 3 runs
    NOTICE:
    I would be glad to give you some cheese with your whine. However there is a milk shortage. All the cows felt sorry for you and cried you a river, and drowned.

Poor cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    Check out the crafted darkmetal ones as far as looks go. I personally think they are pretty cool. They are on the bigger side and the xCC ones are pretty small so maybe its not your taste. Just throwing this out there as something you might not have seen yet.

If you want to hear something more frustrating I did somewhere in the neighborhood of 45ish xCC runs pre 1.2 and never got the plate BP which should have just been a 1/4 chance back then. Keep in mind the final boss was buggy as hell then too.
    Yeah, i ran a ton before patch too so i'm fully aware. I of course got the BP the 2nd run after i bought the t2 with plaques though lol. You definitely had me beat on runs prior to 1.2 though.

+ Reply to Thread