+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Contact for Hammerknell Access?

  1. #1
    Rift Master drizzt459's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    609

    Default Dev Contact for Hammerknell Access?

    Hello, this message is for Zor or any other R&D dev that might know who I could send information to, to obtain access to Hammerknell keep on PTR?

    I have a full bodied raid of people waiting to test the content, and would like to very much arrange a test session or two, this week and provide detailed feedback. If you could PM me I would appreciate it!

    Thank you in advance.
    Old school raid

    pvp

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    WTB HAMMERKNELL TESTING we have RoS and GS on a 1 day clear this IS SO BORING

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    But then when hammerknell does come out and you beat it in a day because of prior testing, what will u complain about then??
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

  4. #4
    Soulwalker Frakir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    But then when hammerknell does come out and you beat it in a day because of prior testing, what will u complain about then??
    More importantly, what if more guilds are testing the content and it actually is released (relatively) bug free for you? What then?

    Oh. Right. You can continue to post pointless drivel about people that you don't know, people that are only looking for something to do and help the game that you are, presumably, enjoying right now.
    Seals actually have an excellent warranty; but the sticker says "Warranty void if seal is broken" so the warranty has never been successfully claimed.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drathek View Post
    But then when hammerknell does come out and you beat it in a day because of prior testing, what will u complain about then??
    At least it would give them two days worth of raiding instead of finishing GSB and RoS in one day. I say that is a good thing.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker crono14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Also have a full guild of people waiting that would gladly test content as well if a dev sees this!
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

  7. #7
    Telaran soloist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frakir View Post
    More importantly, what if more guilds are testing the content and it actually is released (relatively) bug free for you? What then?
    Don't mask your attempt to put one foot forward over the starting line with noble intentions.

    This thread should be deleted.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Izanami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    Also have a full guild of people waiting that would gladly test content as well if a dev sees this!

    ^^Same. Would rather raid it to make it not buggy (lol greenscale stuck in airphase at 1 hp unkillable >.>) so on live we can kill all the stuff without...being...!"#$%& by something that should have been ironed out.

  9. #9
    Rift Master drizzt459's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    609

    Default

    I'm more so after the ability to provide REAL feedback on the content.
    Old school raid

    pvp

  10. #10
    Soulwalker Frakir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soloist View Post
    Don't mask your attempt to put one foot forward over the starting line with noble intentions.
    After having just come off a 3 hour and change clear of both GSB & RoS, I don't think it's 'masking' anything. It's what we do. If you're running the same content in the same amount of time, you might understand how frustrating it can be to waste time hitting the same bugs week after week when all it would take would be to have everything thoroughly tested. They could mix up the encounters, change the order, add in *tested* abilities, phases, whatever, or do whatever they wanted prior to release and we wouldn't care.

    Thanks for giving us the benefit of the doubt, though. Much appreciated.
    Seals actually have an excellent warranty; but the sticker says "Warranty void if seal is broken" so the warranty has never been successfully claimed.

  11. #11
    Rift Master drizzt459's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Rampant jealousy knows no bounds.
    Old school raid

    pvp

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Community Manager Elrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    Hey folks,

    If you're a Guild Leader interested in Guild Testing new raid content please shoot me a PM, we will evaluate your Customer Support history for any infractions you may have received (in addition to your forum behavior).

    You should have RoS (or if a 10 man guild GP) nearly completed if not regularly cleared each week to qualify. We try to work with as broad a range of guilds as possible; however, we expect every participating guild to be respectful, objective, and demonstrate an inherent understanding of encounter mechanics and systems.

    Guild Testing is not for everyone, and you need to be able to field a full 20 man raid up to 2 days a week during some periods for repeated testing in often buggy and potentially frustrating/repetitive testing environments.

    If you feel your guild will excel at meeting this challenge and advancing the bleeding edge of RIFT's raid encounters I look forward to talking with you more - shoot me a PM with an explanation of your guilds experience and why you feel your guild is a good fit for future tests.

    I will only respond to requests from a GUILD LEADER

    Edit: I wanted to add that your guild must also speak fluent english (natural speaker level) as our developers are not multilingual. I realize this is unfortunate for some of our international guilds; however, we need to be able to fluently communicate with you via voice chat so there are no exceptions to this rule.

    Thanks all,
    Last edited by Elrar; 05-26-2011 at 04:36 PM.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey folks,

    If you're a Guild Leader interested in Guild Testing new raid content please shoot me a PM, we will evaluate your Customer Support history for any infractions you may have received (in addition to your forum behavior).

    You should have RoS (or if a 10 man guild GP) nearly completed if not regularly cleared each week to qualify. We try to work with as broad a range of guilds as possible; however, we expect every participating guild to be respectful, objective, and demonstrate an inherent understanding of encounter mechanics and systems.

    Guild Testing is not for everyone, and you need to be able to field a full 20 man raid up to 2 days a week during some periods for repeated testing in often buggy and potentially frustrating/repetitive testing environments.

    If you feel your guild will excel at meeting this challenge and advancing the bleeding edge of RIFT's raid encounters I look forward to talking with you more - shoot me a PM with an explanation of your guilds experience and why you feel your guild is a good fit for future tests.

    I will only respond to requests from a GUILD LEADER

    Thanks all,
    That sounds like wonderful news! I hope my guild leader doesn't have a bad history now. Maybe we should hurry and switch leaders just in case.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker GeneralHARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Testing toons

    Would our Live characters be getting copied over, or would we be testing the content in LvL buffed full relic characters on the PTS?
    Formerly - Lothous of Eidolon on Antonia Bayle EQ2

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple mrtakedown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    I have asked Elrar some questions regarding the testing process itself and he gladly answered me, so I thought I'd share it with other people who are interested in this and save you some time.

    Questions:
    1) Guild perks: In order to create a similar to live raid environment we would need guild with its perks available. Leveling a new guild on a beta server is not something that many people would be willing to do, therefore my question is whether there will be something in place to get us the guild with perks or not?

    2) Merchants: One of the best ways to test content efficiently is if the recovery time between wipes is low. Call of the ascended guild perk allows you to do just that. Will we be able to get planarite currency somehow to be able to refresh our planar charges quickly. (This is assuming we get a guild with perks)

    3) Merchants: Will the merchants be similar as they are in Alpha server?

    4) Level: In alpha server you had to go through starting zone, will the members that don't have characters on Alpha server need to go through this process as well?

    5) Client: Will we need some sort of separate client or will the event be held in Alpha server?

    Answers:

    - As far as Guild Perks go I believe the dev chaperone you have attending your testing session should be able to help you out.

    - We can spawn any NPC in the game for your disposal if needed.

    - Merchants are the same as you’ve likely seen on the alpha Shard in the past (testing takes place on the Alpha shard)

    - We copy your characters for you, thus why we need the roster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts