+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gilded Prophecy: Wrong Assumptions?

Question Gilded Prophecy: Wrong Assumptions?

We're a mostly T3 equipped guild having done RoS/GSB many times now.

We've done GP a couple of times and managed to down all bosses and in general thought the fights were fun and the loot good.

My question is: does the difficulty make sense to most of you?

Considering GP was released after GSB/RoS and that it is a 10 man and not a 20 man and also that it only drops one T3 token, isn't the assumption that this is a step between T2s and GSB/RoS?

As it stands now, it seems this is more for raid geared guilds ... or raid capable guilds that can't form a 20 man?

It just seems to defy what I would think of as the logical progression (think Karazhan vs. Sun Temple in WoW:TBC).

NOTE: I am not asking for this to be nerfed (I love it). Just wondering at who Trion aimed this content at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    We're a mostly T3 equipped guild having done RoS/GSB many times now.

We've done GP a couple of times and managed to down all bosses and in general thought the fights were fun and the loot good.

My question is: does the difficulty make sense to most of you?

Considering GP was released after GSB/RoS and that it is a 10 man and not a 20 man and also that it only drops one T3 token, isn't the assumption that this is a step between T2s and GSB/RoS?

As it stands now, it seems this is more for raid geared guilds ... or raid capable guilds that can't form a 20 man?

It just seems to defy what I would think of as the logical progression (think Karazhan vs. Sun Temple in WoW:TBC).

NOTE: I am not asking for this to be nerfed (I love it). Just wondering at who Trion aimed this content at.
    I doubt you'll get a response from Trion but good luck.

Prophet of Telara

Difficulty is fine, in my opinion. Realistically, the "difficult" parts comes from understanding mechanics that once you do you start to wonder to yourself "I struggled in here? These are all pretty easy"

Problem with that is there isn't much stress on mechanics in T2 dungeons anymore so people going from T2 to 10 mans are in for a pleasant shock. This spurs the amount of "Overtuned, To Hard, QQ" posts we've been seeing on this instance since it came out.

It helps to really have the "right specs" for the classes going while in here. You can get by with offspecs in T1s or T2s and even in 20 mans in a lot of cases but it's hard to say, do sub 30% Uruulak with insufficient group healing builds.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Having done the first 3 bosses with Tier 2 geared people, I feel the difficulty is just about right. It feels like an actual raid, compared to where GSB just feels like you throw 20 people together and zerg the boss down (at least the first 3 bosses).

Hylas is the first challenge in there, compared to the first boss in GP... if T2 geared.

As the above poster mentioned though, the fact that we did "hard mode" T2's to gear up could play a factor in that.

Going from the old T2's to the current GP is right on the money. Going from the current T2's to GP is exponentially different.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Sez

They tried to hit everyone with one dungeon. Guilds that are 2/5 GSB can kill some bosses, and RoS guilds still get a challenge from the last boss.

One-size fits all 10man filler content. (and planarite sink)
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

The most difficult part of raids is understanding the encounter, being able to react to the mechanics quickly (especially the second boss), and being able to coordinate well. 90% skill, 10% gear.

Plane Touched

Uuuuuuuruuuuuuu(more consonants split by an infinity of U's)something. The final guy. I think is the only one that is a little too hard. However I only have two rather small issues with him.

First his overall DPS check is too tight, the enrage timer needs another minute so folks who don't have uber weapons can beat him before he splatters them.

Also if you take him sub 30% during a weakened period (immediately after air phase) he shouldn't spawn shrines which he currently does. It makes his second weakened period useless to us as we end up poking him a little bit then waiting for the shrines to pop so we can take them out and push him under 30%.

Question, if a guild is near, but still trying to build up enough to do 20man, are 10mans doable or they absolutely require 10 fully raid geared players?

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Hecate's Lover View Post
    Uuuuuuuruuuuuuu(more consonants split by an infinity of U's)something. The final guy. I think is the only one that is a little too hard. However I only have two rather small issues with him.

First his overall DPS check is too tight, the enrage timer needs another minute so folks who don't have uber weapons can beat him before he splatters them.

Also if you take him sub 30% during a weakened period (immediately after air phase) he shouldn't spawn shrines which he currently does. It makes his second weakened period useless to us as we end up poking him a little bit then waiting for the shrines to pop so we can take them out and push him under 30%.
    Last time we did Moobs(Our nickname for him, saying uuurururururururuuururu was getting annoying) we had ~7700 raidwide DPS, and only took 1 shrine phase to kill him. How are you guys handling the Fists?\

@batou079: We are in 3/4ths or so raid gear, and the fights are an absolute joke. This stuff should be doable, a bit challenging even, in full t2 gear.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 05-24-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    Question, if a guild is near, but still trying to build up enough to do 20man, are 10mans doable or they absolutely require 10 fully raid geared players?
    The second boss is a good tester for guilds. If you can get past him, you should be able to do the others.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batou079 View Post
    We've done the first 3 bosses in T2 gear, with may be one or two people having a single drop from the duke in GSB, and none of those were weapons.

We haven't given Uruluuk a shot yet, though.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

ah cool, thanks guys.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Last time we did Moobs(Our nickname for him, saying uuurururururururuuururu was getting annoying) we had ~7700 raidwide DPS, and only took 1 shrine phase to kill him. How are you guys handling the Fists?\

@batou079: We are in 3/4ths or so raid gear, and the fights are an absolute joke. This stuff should be doable, a bit challenging even, in full t2 gear.
    Oh when we beat him its when we pushed him to 30% before a second set of shrines. However I myself only have 4 slots left to fill with raid gear (gloves, legs and rings) and most of our group was in the same boat. Had a Warrior with a relic weapon as well. I believe he should be doable with tier 2 geared folks and that includes weapons and based on the difficulty we had with our level of gear I think the fight would be just a touch too hard for folks on that level.

Besides my 2 little quibbles don't make the fight any easier really. I'm not saying he needs a damage nerf or anything, just give folks a little more time to beat him and let us 30% him from a weakened phase.

From someone who hasnt done a raid yet in this game before, can you take more then 10 people into this raid?

It's almost a waste of your time. The loot is terrible aside from maybe 2 pieces that probably won't drop. The only reason to do these are because there is literally nothing else to do for the rest of the week.
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 05-24-2011 at 02:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast