Closed Thread

Thread: Raids must be nerfed in 1.3

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Default Raids must be nerfed in 1.3

It is of utmost importance that all raids in 1.3 are nerfed so that the average casual can complete them.

Right now raids are tuned for the hardcore 1% of all players. This is NOT ok and it must change in 1.3 if Rift is to survive.

If Raids are not nerfed in 1.3 I am afraid that Rift will go F2P in 1.4 and that would be very sad.

You know what kind of response you're going to get considering WoW's nerf to raids announcement today.

It is of utmost importance that Trion does NOT read post like these, so that the content are not dumbed down to hello kitty levels.

Trion could make dumbed down versions of the encounters where you have to dodge farts made of flowers instead but wont get any glyphs and relics.
    Inglorious Basterds
    Whitefall EU PvP
    Aleteh - 50 Rogue
    5/5 GSB - 2/4 RoS - 4/4 GP

Rift Chaser

Nerfing raid is fine when new one come out to be honest and thats what WOW all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    It is of utmost importance that all raids in 1.3 are nerfed so that the average casual can complete them.

Right now raids are tuned for the hardcore 1% of all players. This is NOT ok and it must change in 1.3 if Rift is to survive.

If Raids are not nerfed in 1.3 I am afraid that Rift will go F2P in 1.4 and that would be very sad.
    What does being casual have to do with the challenge level of the encounter?

Did you want to enter GSB in all green gear?

They already nerfed the T2s so gearing for GSB is easier and faster. What more do you want?!
    Last edited by Kruunch; 05-24-2011 at 12:37 PM.

No, just... no.

I actually enjoy raiding and don't mind spending an entire night wiping on Prince Hylas, while at the same time watching the raid get better at the fight each try. Raids are fine as is.

To the OP: Instead of nerfing raids, maybe the players trying to raid should just get better and learn how to use keybinds and mouse turn.

Champion of Telara

If only Trion could figure out a way to nerf bad players out of existence........they would never have to nerf content again.

Most of the encounters aren't even gear based, but rather solid raid execution. Even then they're pretty forgiving.
    Brynx <Myth> Mage of Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    No, just... no.

I actually enjoy raiding and don't mind spending an entire night wiping on Prince Hylas, while at the same time watching the raid get better at the fight each try. Raids are fine as is.

To the OP: Instead of nerfing raids, maybe the players trying to raid should just get better and learn how to use keybinds and mouse turn.
    I bump this OP,nerf what ? Oh I see your an imcompetant at playing the game and so want all the rest to just so? I've made the GSB raid one time todate, yes we wiped and wiped, but each time the grp got just mere inches away from completing The bomb boss. ou want nerfed, go play AOC and leave Rift raids as is.
    Thanks

If you can't down the raids as they are now, you don't deserve the top end loot they give. Maybe once Hammerknell comes out and Greenscale/RoS are old news, sure, but nerfing raids right now is a horrible idea. We only raid 2 days a night as it is, cutting it down any more would probably cause most people to quit from lack of things to do.

Rift Disciple

TheGreatGoogly has made like 6 threads with this same intent. I'm sure he is an AWFUL player, and may honestly want these changes, but in any case for the love of god do not feed the troll.

He's not even an entertaining troll... Pray for Japan

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread