+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 51 Archon for 10 mans?

Soulwalker

Default 51 Archon for 10 mans?

Do you think its worth bringing a 51 point archon vs a full dps to 10 man raids?

Rift Disciple

Since a good 51 pt Archon can do 800+ Single target DPS, do you think he adds 600 dps and other benefits to the rest of the raid collectively? If so then yes, it is worth it.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...oM.hMesRf0qkrz
    should always be in every mages 4th or 5th role.
    I solo heal dungeons with this..... but a person who dosent normally play it can keep all buffs up and all debuffs on enemy and use the chloro abilities if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...oM.hMesRf0qkrz
    should always be in every mages 4th or 5th role.
    I solo heal dungeons with this..... but a person who dosent normally play it can keep all buffs up and all debuffs on enemy and use the chloro abilities if needed.
    This build is only good for 5 man without a bard.

A bard has most of buff/debuff in your build while the two things bard doesn't have are 44 and 51 abilities, which you don't have in this build. A chloro/warlock heals better than you and have more survivability, which is important in GP. 44/51 abilities are the main reason you want an archon in raid.

To the OP, yes, 51archon/dom/other is very good for GP.
    Last edited by bubulu; 05-24-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesitch View Post
    Since a good 51 pt Archon can do 800+ Single target DPS, do you think he adds 600 dps and other benefits to the rest of the raid collectively? If so then yes, it is worth it.
    there is another factor, the 51 point archon buff increases the cast speed on clerics and chloro's that makes a HUGE difference in the healing intensive fights

my guild just downed 3rd boss last night, and we couldnt do it till we made one of our mages go archon, the heals just weren't landing fast enough to keep the beam focus person alive

also most mages aren't doing 1400 dps, and if they were then they'd be doing over 1000 on archon. so at most you lose a couple hundred dps, not 600
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 05-24-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

I will concede that most mages dont do 1400 dps, but this is about a 10 man RAID, therefore i assumed this was a thread about RAIDING archons etc.

Our RAIDING mages all can do 1400 ST dps IF NOT MORE. So yes, if you want to base your decision off of subpar 900-1100 dps mages be my guest.

+ Reply to Thread