+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Where the lfd tool has put us

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Khoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default Where the lfd tool has put us

    QQ around forums about not having a lfd tool and not being able to get a group have turned into QQ how we have a lfd tool and are not able to get a group. It is what many have expected to happen.
    The proposed solution is to make it cross shard.

    Well, as a dedicated tank myself, I will tell you it won't work. Why? Because most players that have a guild and are tanks or healers will not join a random lfd group even now when it is for the same server. I know that every tank or healer in my guild refuses to do it, and even most dps.

    Making it cross shard will only make those that still queue less likely to do that, since most that do that right now do it because the situation is not so bad when you have it on same server. And even if they continue to do it in cross shard lfd tool, they wont do it for long. There will be few scrubs and ninjas that will sway their opinion.

    Only thing we got from this lfd tool though is that the game became more of a grind, due to plaque generation being nerfed along with dungeon difficulty. Due to that it is even harder to get guild groups together because most people are bored by it. There is nothing exciting any more about doing a T2 dungeon, it is now just a chore like grinding rep or doing crafting dailies.

    For most players in this game that like any kind of challenge, all that is left is raiding. One more reason you don't see many people with good gear of any class signing up for lfd.

    I suggest you do qq more about this system, and eventually see it will bring you nothing. Hopefully you will eventually realize that playing a mmo is about online friends and having fun, not hording gear and treating other people like necessary npcs for accomplishment of personal goals. By the time you do that, you will not need a lfd tool, you will be just fine without it with your new found friends.

    /rant off
    Last edited by Khoro; 05-24-2011 at 08:22 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    I'm not even 50 yet, and the LFD has put me in a position to do dungeons whenever I want, and meet people along the way. It brings *you* nothing and it's pointless because you already have a guild and lots of people to run dungeons with, apparently, and you're done with everything except raiding.

    If you're a geared-out 50 who refuses to use the tool in the first place (contributing to the problem because you think of LFD'ers as "scrubs"), then why are you bothering to make this post???
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 05-24-2011 at 09:07 AM.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    What I find amusing is people being so surprised at the lack of tanks/healers using the LFD.

    This is nothing new.......Tanking and Healing have always been the most required while also being the most demanding of 'roles' in any MMO I have ever played. Rift is no exception......if anything its worse due to the unforgiving nature of missing a CD or heal.

    I enjoy tanking and do it well (well at least ive been told so) but considering how unforgiving the game....and even worse random people are to the slightest mistake made my tanks and healers it is no wonder that those that do tank only do so with known friends and guildmates. I can get into a random PuG as DPS and make countless mistakes which for the most part make no difference and are not even noticed. I don't blame people for not wanting to queue up as tanks or healers for LFD........I know I don't want too.

    All that said........cross server LFD is only gonna make matters worse.

    I think it should raise a flag to someone that in Rift......a game that in theory should have tanks at every corner (since 3/4 of the toons can be tanks if they choose) there seems to be such a lack of tanks queuing up for LFD.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker Khoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    I'm not even 50 yet, and the LFD has put me in a position to do dungeons whenever I want, and meet people along the way. It brings *you* nothing and it's pointless because you already have a guild and lots of people to run dungeons with, apparently, and you're done with everything except raiding.

    If you're a geared-out 50 who refuses to use the tool in the first place (contributing to the problem because you think of LFD'ers as "scrubs"), then why are you bothering to make this post???
    Hehe, good for you that you can get something out of it then, since I was talking to people that qq about how they can't. And I am contributing to the problem scrubs made. I am tired of teaching people how to play and get only flame in return, I am tired of getting ninja-ed for tank gear by pugs in party, I am tired of carrying the load for people that I do not even know and who most of the time will not write a single word in a whole instance.... If I was not shown so many times how bad puging is, especially when the game decides for you who will it take, I would do it.

    And T2 still hold gear for me, make no mistake, I could use stuff in that you can get in t2s. I am just having a hard time doing them, even with guildies, due to how trivial they are now. If I do it, I do it cause someone in guild needs some specific piece of gear. The fun is gone. But I know for sure that no one from my, and from most other bigger guilds on server, will not use lfd tool for anything but getting to the dungeon quicker.

    You can flame me for my post, but if you read it carefully you will see its purpose is to tell people to socialize more and make this a better community overall. If you want to blame me for that, go ahead.
    Last edited by Khoro; 05-24-2011 at 10:48 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker Khoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draylore View Post
    What I find amusing is people being so surprised at the lack of tanks/healers using the LFD.

    This is nothing new.......Tanking and Healing have always been the most required while also being the most demanding of 'roles' in any MMO I have ever played. Rift is no exception......if anything its worse due to the unforgiving nature of missing a CD or heal.

    I enjoy tanking and do it well (well at least ive been told so) but considering how unforgiving the game....and even worse random people are to the slightest mistake made my tanks and healers it is no wonder that those that do tank only do so with known friends and guildmates. I can get into a random PuG as DPS and make countless mistakes which for the most part make no difference and are not even noticed. I don't blame people for not wanting to queue up as tanks or healers for LFD........I know I don't want too.

    All that said........cross server LFD is only gonna make matters worse.

    I think it should raise a flag to someone that in Rift......a game that in theory should have tanks at every corner (since 3/4 of the toons can be tanks if they choose) there seems to be such a lack of tanks queuing up for LFD.
    And you are right, while people are quick to place blame for healers and tanks making mistakes, telling DPSers that they are slacking or about their errors will make you an elitist. If people were more open to criticism and would generally act more human and social, we would not have this problem.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khoro View Post
    You can flame me for my post, but if you read it carefully you will see its purpose is to tell people to socialize more and make this a better community overall. If you want to blame me for that, go ahead.
    Thanks for explaining. I was maybe confused because you ended your original post with a comment about fun and having friends, and treating people well, but you also said you won't socialize by using the LFD, and clearly the community is the less for it, with your knowledge and abilities. I thought they nerfed the T2 dungeons because most people were failing at them?

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Thanks for explaining. I was maybe confused because you ended your original post with a comment about fun and having friends, and treating people well, but you also said you won't socialize by using the LFD, and clearly the community is the less for it, with your knowledge and abilities. I thought they nerfed the T2 dungeons because most people were failing at them?
    They nerfed because of LFD tool.

    They had to make them easy enough so any 5 random yahoos could get thru them....and of course they had to make them doable in record time otherwise those yahoos would complain that its taking them too long....and god forbid stuff take time to accomplish.

    Only the baddies were failing at them pre 1.2.

    The LFD tool IMO is the worst thing Rift has added.........and I use it alot to mindlessly grind for plaques =P

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Cross server doesn't make stuff worse, at all. Cross server is there to solve the problem of you're around on a Thursday morning and there isn't enough people on your server to form a group, no matter what you are. Or for any levelling dungeon at this point, because even in prime time many nights there's simply not enough people around to form groups for a level 30 dungeon. That's the way these things inevitably go.

    Hell, I'm sitting waiting for a T2 right now, as a tank. Most guildies are already in another run, and there isn't enough people who want to go in LFG to form anything. I'm harmed by being able to be paired up with DPS on another server who need a tank... how exactly?

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Shortkut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    I'm confused....you have a guild? are you bashing lfg or people in general? Either way flame on flamer....btw your sig should say "i gots a guild"

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Treig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Fresh level 50 Justicar / Shaman / Sentinel tank on Faeblight. I tried using the LFG tool from level 38 to level 50 and several times at 50.

    In 20+ hours of trying I've had the tool pop a group exactly 3 times, and guess what? All 3 times someone declined the invite and we went back into the queue.

    Tanks are queing...just not getting into a group...

  11. #11
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Oh yes, the ole' "I swallowed a fly, so I should swallow a spider to eat the fly." Problem...


    I don't know why, she swallowed a fly...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  12. #12
    Soulwalker Khoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Cross server doesn't make stuff worse, at all. Cross server is there to solve the problem of you're around on a Thursday morning and there isn't enough people on your server to form a group, no matter what you are.
    So what you are saying is that you should have instant aces to all content you want with a push of a button? I think there are single player games for that. Playing a mmo is much more then gear grind I am afraid, and the gear grind got people like me to avoid lfd tools. Why? Cause the same gear grind made people care less if they brake the rules of nice behavior and ninja something.

    I'm confused....you have a guild? are you bashing lfg or people in general? Either way flame on flamer....btw your sig should say "i gots a guild"
    Hehe, good shot, I am impressed how people try to always "bash" anything on forums. However, I am "bashing" mentality, hell if people were not so knit up about "want lewtz nau", lfd would be a useful tool because no one would abuse it.

    Right now I am trying to salvage those people without ninja mentality and who are really trying to learn and be better. I am telling them that lfd is not the solution, it will only get you so far, and in the mean time it will only make your experience worse, through it you will just get nerfed, boring content with people that will cheat you, bash you and will generally act in a way no human should. You will find normal people, I agree, but right now I am telling those normal people what will help them.

    LFD is the only tool that allows you to act like a jerk, you can try and do it with server buddies, cheat them once they will not group with you again. You can try being a jerk in guild as well, but you will get kicked. Right now LFD is the only reason those people still manage to do anything, cause no other form of society will accept them.

    LFD tool in its form is a good thing, but with a crooked society without consequence it will only degrade your playing experience. That is why you don't see tanks and healers use it.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker Khoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treig View Post
    Fresh level 50 Justicar / Shaman / Sentinel tank on Faeblight. I tried using the LFG tool from level 38 to level 50 and several times at 50.

    In 20+ hours of trying I've had the tool pop a group exactly 3 times, and guess what? All 3 times someone declined the invite and we went back into the queue.

    Tanks are queing...just not getting into a group...
    Oh trust me, it won't last long. Some ****** will make your life miserable soon enough. Get into a good guild and you will never want to see that thing again

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    LFD tool gets you quick dungeons, only change I would make would be to swap the support role to either support or DPS. With the nerfed dungeons even bad healers can one man heal now. Most of the time I just tell whoever has the support flag to just DPS.

    I see the LFD tool as mostly a positive change.
    Last edited by Warskull; 05-24-2011 at 02:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts