+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grats on GP Trion

Plane Touched

Default Grats on GP Trion

I finally ventured into GP last night and while i've only downed the first boss so far, it was an excellent fight. We're not a super hardcore guild, right now we're 4/5 on GSB and haven't really touched RoS, but this content seemed perfect to me. We spent a good two hours wiping on that first boss, getting gradually closer and eventually downing him right before people had to log. Having 7-8 mechanics to watch for instead of 3-4 made it really refreshing. I've heard the third and fourth bosses are similar and/or more difficult.

As someone else posted on our guild's forums, if this is the path at least some of your future content is going down we're all going to be very pleased. All of us were depressed at the T2 content nerf but having something with this difficulty level helps ease the pain. If you have to cater to the casuals in many regards (and I guess you probably do from a financial standpoint) please consider maintaining some content on this level. The only fun in PvE for many people stems from the challenge of progression.

Anyway grats on developing some very cool fights.

Shield of Telara

^ what he said

Ascendant

I'm hoping this bodes well for the next two raid slivers to come, Rise of the Pheonix and Drowned Halls and of course in the more immediate future, Hammerknell. I have a feeling Hammerknell is gonna be awesome.

They really did do a great job with GP, most of my issues with it I think now were due to not having the right buffs and more importantly not choosing the right buffs for the fight. It just requires a bit of forward thinking to adapt to each fight and realize what particular buffs might help you gain the edge in that particular encounter, Anrak in particular since he is pretty tightly tuned, requires some thought. That is a very good thing.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Andykay View Post
    I finally ventured into GP last night and while i've only downed the first boss so far, it was an excellent fight. We're not a super hardcore guild, right now we're 4/5 on GSB and haven't really touched RoS, but this content seemed perfect to me. We spent a good two hours wiping on that first boss, getting gradually closer and eventually downing him right before people had to log. Having 7-8 mechanics to watch for instead of 3-4 made it really refreshing. I've heard the third and fourth bosses are similar and/or more difficult.

As someone else posted on our guild's forums, if this is the path at least some of your future content is going down we're all going to be very pleased. All of us were depressed at the T2 content nerf but having something with this difficulty level helps ease the pain. If you have to cater to the casuals in many regards (and I guess you probably do from a financial standpoint) please consider maintaining some content on this level. The only fun in PvE for many people stems from the challenge of progression.

Glad to see a post like this. I agree 100%, excellent job Trion!

Quote Originally Posted by Andykay View Post

Looking for the "like" button.

Suggestion: Put in a "like" button.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

+ Reply to Thread