+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need tips on the first boss in 10 man.

Rift Chaser

Default Need tips on the first boss in 10 man.

We do fine all the way until the adds start to come out. The boss will call adds, then instantly after call out the circles that do damage. The adds then eat raid members because they are taking quite a bit of damage from the circles.

Other then that, the fight seems easy. We just get owned when adds + circles at same time.

Do the adds come out at a certain percentage? We already have 4 healers, 3 clerics and one chloromancer... Not sure what else to do. =D

The adds are on a timer, so not % based. Also, they only have 8k life, your dps needs to switch to them and kill them. Don't have your tanks pick them up b/c of that brittle debuff. If your people are dying, I might suggest more raid healing, 3 clerics is a bit overkill...we do it we 2 and a chloro, I would hope your chloro is still on the boss for heals, maybe toss a flourish in there to help out, but sounds like the adds are not dying quick enough.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Full buffs. (Bard + Archon + Beastmaster)
    Have each DPS pick up 1 add. Getting 2 adds will kill you in aoe phase.
    Offtank can pick up 1 add aswell. Just needs the MT to burn a CD after the add phase. (Since offtank might get stack replenished).

In our setup we have 2 melee warriors and they use ranged attack to draw one add on each then dps their add down. With this there's only 2 adds roaming, which one can be grabbed by offtank and another by any ranged dps or chloro. Planar protection wiill lessen the aoe damage and can be useful once you have the tacts and positions sorted out.

3 melee dps is the utmost maxium in this fight, personally I'd go with two melees who can pull out 1k+ dps while other dps being ranged.

Our raid group only has T1-T2 gear and we can heal it with 1 chloro/warlock, 2 clerics (warden+puri) and a bard.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 05-23-2011 at 05:02 PM.

Shield of Telara

Yep buffs are what people miss. I keep reading about people failing this guy and they don't have an archon in their raid, wtf???

Spread ranged out around the boss so the melee have room to joust the bubbles.

Have the ranged/dps pick up the adds, not the tanks. Even the chloro can take one and tank it. They don't hit very hard at all and die easily. If you have a stormcaller he can wipe them all out in a few seconds.

Have the tanks switch at 4 stacks.

Soulwalker

I'm assigned to raid heals this fight and usually heal it no problems running 51 warden. I use downpour every bubble phase then throw the showers down right after and it's never really a problem. I usually use tidal wave with healing breath for the beams, but if beams are being handled fine I would save it for downpour then you definitely won't have anything to worry about.

Just a suggestion*

Soulwalker

Also, if you are having trouble on beams, I use...

Healing breath right away
    The spell that makes the next one instant, (forget name) paired with orbs of the tide

If needed use tidal wave on orbs, each one will proc with the additional heals,
    If not needed save tidal wave for the downpour when the bubbles pop up.

Hope this helps ya guys

Soulwalker

I've never needed to use an archon for this fight, but one useful trick we found when we were running with some of our worse clerics was to use 2 bards for this fight, they add alot of aoe heals during spines and allow you to have the improved endurance buff and 40 resists aura.

+ Reply to Thread