+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Did they removed some drops from the loot tables? T2 Instances..

Shadowlander

Default Did they removed some drops from the loot tables? T2 Instances..

I've been running a lot of T2 since about 2 weeks ago and i lost count of the specific dungeons i did. (CC+DSM)

Have been running atleast 5 dungeons a day of one of those or combined, making it about 35 runs in a week time.

As for CC

* Never saw the shield drop from trash (tanking shield)
    * Never saw the shoulders drop from Gronik (tanking shoulders)
    * Never saw the chest drop from Caelia (tank chest)

As for DSM

* Never saw the boots drop from the first boss (tank boots)
    * Never saw the shield drop from 2nd last boss (tanking shield)
    * Never saw titanslayer drop from last boss (tank sword)

In all these runs i maybe saw 3-4 epic drops from other bosses with some recipes as random and well total crap as they useally were greed upon.

Not to mention how many complains i didn't see coming by from other players about everything that has already mentioned on this forum i.e no drops, too easy and so on.

I'm getting really sick of doing these runs, i lost count and never get the items i want or what the people want in my groups.

I'm growing tired of experts, no drops, no challange.... i just watch tv while tanking (even during boss fights)...

It's a shame i paid for 3 months tho, or i did hit cancel subscription already. Will see how it goes in the future as i paid anyways, hoping they change things to be more excited, more challanging. If not i hit that button for sure.

I notice more and more that less and less people are logging in on my server. I stood in the weekend around 4PM in Meridian, on the square and i saw 3 players, of which 2x 20ish...

That's about it

Back to watching tv, as that's even more exciting!
    Last edited by Ferio; 05-23-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Telaran

It's not too late to salvage the game. Something needs to be done soon, though.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I noticed that the loot tables are somewhat messed up in my opinion. I don't like how the last boss can drop items from every other boss before it which means his loot, the loot specific to that boss, has a lesser chance of dropping...

I have nothing to type that I have not typed several dozens of times already.

Simply put, dungeons in 1.2 blow.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cuts View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that the loot tables are somewhat messed up in my opinion. I don't like how the last boss can drop items from every other boss before it which means his loot, the loot specific to that boss, has a lesser chance of dropping...
    If the final boss has a chance to drop loot from all other bosses, i wonder why i got the same item 3 times in a row then? I mean his table must be quite big, yet dropping...

Same thing for other bosses aswell, same items in a few runs. I even said to my group twice what item is going to drop at each of the bosses and lets say i got about 70% right.. lol

Something seriously wrong with the loot tables... By the time you get the epic drop you want, you already have the T2 plaque gear.. :s

Champion

since they changed the way drops work, doibg runs for drops is really frustrating. I personally have seen the cc shield and titanslayer drop but since the last boss drops all the loot, you have a much lower chance of getting what you want.

personally I'm after a wand from cc, dagger from d and totem from rd. I have never seen these items drop. Since the vendor armor is basically the best you can get, the main point of going for drops is weapons and they are hard to come by.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

It's absolutely amazing how an MMO's content can go from being fun and challenging to dull and boring. The only reason I am paying a subscription is because the guild I'm in is raiding. Definitely not paying to run the same nerfed epic dropped dungeons over and over again.

The raids are where the fun is. The dungeons are a serious time sink. This needs to be changed.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    It's absolutely amazing how an MMO's content can go from being fun and challenging to dull and boring. The only reason I am paying a subscription is because the guild I'm in is raiding. Definitely not paying to run the same nerfed epic dropped dungeons over and over again.

The raids are where the fun is. The dungeons are a serious time sink. This needs to be changed.
    Yep, same for me. If there was no raiding i would quit already..

Anyways i haven't bought Assassins Creed brotherhood yet , which i'm going to do today. Always loved this game and multiplayer should be interesting!

Something to look forward to!!!

I and a lot of people on my shard have been noticing a definite non-random trend in dungeon drops lately.
    I ran AP 7 times in a row yesterday and the drops were almost identical every time:

Kaler Andrenos - dropped the Insignia of the Deep every time
    Icetalon - dropped Griffon Hide Gloves every time
    Majolic - dropped Footpads of the Bloodwalker all but one time where he dropped the plate boots
    Renthar - dropped the Yeti Fur Mantle all but one time where he dropped the Pauldrons of Defeat
    Calyx - Dropped the Mace of Frozen Power all but one time where he dropped Majolic's Bloody Stiletto

I realize random does not mean evenly distributed, but these strangely streaky drops happen far more often than not.

Shadowlander

What we have been seeing is a glut of Priest loot. 18 drops in a row were priest. Of those 15 were chain armor. Is anybody else seeing the same thing?

No, most of the time I have been seeing Rogue gear drop. Lots of leather.

Even the weapon drops are warrior/rogue drops and of course the rogues have been winning high % of the rolls. Feel bad as a warrior rolling on a weapon with more Dex than Str but it is still an upgrade.
    Last edited by Muuhut; 05-24-2011 at 05:26 AM.
    RIFT - Gnarlwood PvE Shard
    Muuhut: 50 Cleric Rank 8, Valor 1100 ~1900 SP
    SWToR - PvE Server
    Muu Vang - Republic Trooper Vanguard
    The Elder Knights

Pre 1.2, all the bosses had 1-3 blues that were consolation prizes of a sort that had a low chance of dropping and then 4-6 epics depending on the boss.

Now, bosses still have the same loot table, but they're set up to drop almost only blues, which results in the same 1-3 blues ad naseum. Except for the final boss... they now apparently can drop one of effectively 30 to 50 items, depending on the dungeon.

If the drops were meant to "feel epic" they should have had a larger pool of blues per boss with fewer epics. IE 4-6 blues and 1-2 epics. The loot tables with the drop changes just really make everyone miserable. I have t3 boots, but I've still run DSM over a dozen times trying to get the Trembling Footpads off Gatekeeper (I like the look, lol) and have got the same blue mage POS every time.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Noticed it a lot before the patch. Especially as I tend to chain run dungeons when I was leveling my 50's.

After 1.2, it's gotten absolutely ridiculous. One recent run sticks out in my mind. Chained RD 4 times, back to back for another mage through fast reques in lfg. Got the purple polearm all 4 times. Sticks out in my mind because the warrior dps already had it and I won the greed roll the first 2 times and then again the 4th. We were all laughing in guild as I runebroke them. Couple new 50 warriors wept openly.
    Last edited by Carolius; 05-24-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ferio View Post
    In all these runs i maybe saw 3-4 epic drops from other bosses with some recipes as random and well total crap as they useally were greed upon.

Not to mention how many complains i didn't see coming by from other players about everything that has already mentioned on this forum i.e no drops, too easy and so on.

I'm getting really sick of doing these runs, i lost count and never get the items i want or what the people want in my groups.
    Yah... we went from 3-4 pieces of group usable gear per run to MAYBE 1 per run... and so few plaques you can't even use them to upgrade to the t2 gear in any semblance to reasonable time.

It sucks. No challenge, just monotony of running exactly the same content 30 times to get 1 upgrade... if you're lucky. Not enough variety for that kind of monotony.

The drops are completely absurd now... its not a challenge its just monotony.
    Last edited by Shadus; 05-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Funny part is they were trying to "close" the gap between T2 and T3 .... now ... the gap in the gear has been closed ... but the gear never drops..... so it's the same old gap as before.

Interesting....
    Addiction - Tank
    11/11 HK - 5/5 GS - 5/5 RoS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast