+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extra requirements for joining dungeons.

Ascendant

Default Extra requirements for joining dungeons.

Can we add a spell power/crit and/or AP/crit and/or mitigation% requirement to join T2s please.

I'm sick of having to boot people from groups because they stacked hit to get in, but are basically useless other than being able to hit things. Sure you can hit things, but you need to be able to actually hurt them after you connect.

I'd suggest the following requirements for T2.

Tank Role: 100 hit, 60% physical mitigation, 8000 hitpoints
    Caster DPS: 100 focus, 700 SP, 400 crit.
    Melee DPS: 100 hit, 500 AP, 600 crit
    Healing Role: 800 SP, 400 crit

Or something along those lines. The requirements are too low at the moment, and I'm honestly sick of spending time kicking under-geared people who have no business being in T2s.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Or something along those lines. The requirements are too low at the moment, and I'm honestly sick of spending time kicking under-geared people who have no business being in T2s.
    How about "no" for an answer.

Cause the moment you put anymore restrictions on the system then it has now, the smaller and smaller you make the available pool of players. Whats next is that you'll come back here and complain that you cannot get groups in a reasonable time frame.

If you're so unhappy with people that are entry-level T2, then stop queuing and create your own group of players to do the content, otherwise, pay forward the help that you got in the past to get your gear, and help the community on your server. Or you could just keep that stellar attitude you've shown already and wonder why you're constantly frustrated with the game.

Don't ask them to change the game to meet your needs, its selfish and short-sighted.
    FYI: Your game experience is not the same as everyone else's, especially mine, stop trying to make the game all about you, and think about the bigger picture.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by goshon View Post
    How about "no" for an answer.

Cause the moment you put anymore restrictions on the system then it has now, the smaller and smaller you make the available pool of players. Whats next is that you'll come back here and complain that you cannot get groups in a reasonable time frame.

If you're so unhappy with people that are entry-level T2, then stop queuing and create your own group of players to do the content, otherwise, pay forward the help that you got in the past to get your gear, and help the community on your server. Or you could just keep that stellar attitude you've shown already and wonder why you're constantly frustrated with the game.

Don't ask them to change the game to meet your needs, its selfish and short-sighted.
    /agreed!

Besides, T2 is the new T1 post-1.2 ... so why would they raise the requirements after an uber nerf?

Rift Disciple

Fun times when you find yourself running a T2 with a tank with less then 8k HP... and still carrying a green or 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Lilun View Post
    Fun times when you find yourself running a T2 with a tank with less then 8k HP... and still carrying a green or 2...
    Time for you to be a big girl then and leave the group and queue-up again.

Oh you don't want to wait for another group? Well I guess you have to suck it up than, because that tank was probably your best option for a group at that time.
    FYI: Your game experience is not the same as everyone else's, especially mine, stop trying to make the game all about you, and think about the bigger picture.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Can we add a spell power/crit and/or AP/crit and/or mitigation% requirement to join T2s please.

I'm sick of having to boot people from groups because they stacked hit to get in, but are basically useless other than being able to hit things. Sure you can hit things, but you need to be able to actually hurt them after you connect.

I'd suggest the following requirements for T2.

Tank Role: 100 hit, 60% physical mitigation, 8000 hitpoints
    Caster DPS: 100 focus, 700 SP, 400 crit.
    Melee DPS: 100 hit, 500 AP, 600 crit
    Healing Role: 800 SP, 400 crit

The tool already checks for such inequities... they can't even get into a T2 dungeon without meeting the minimum requirement to get in. Keep in mind, minimum requirement = longer run because guess what, the dungeons are tuned to that number, not the guy in full T2 gear.

If you want face roll... I suggest forming your own elite group then queuing up... you still get your badges but you don't have to deal with people who actually have a need to be in the dungeons.

Plane Touched

I solo healed a T2 by stacking wisdom and I hit 50 the day before and only had one piece of T1 gear. Oh, and also you don't need gear to do damage, you need a good spec to do damage. Being able to hit is more important than anything else.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tuldin View Post
    /agreed!

Besides, T2 is the new T1 post-1.2 ... so why would they raise the requirements after an uber nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    I solo healed a T2 by stacking wisdom and I hit 50 the day before and only had one piece of T1 gear. Oh, and also you don't need gear to do damage, you need a good spec to do damage. Being able to hit is more important than anything else.
    Oh I agree the zones are easy. It amazes me how many people STILL can't do them though. A good spec is one thing, but if you don't have the gear and a good rotation to back it up you still wont pull the DPS needed in T2s. Every single one of them has a DPS check. If you're dragging dead weight low gear, fail rotation DPS through a zone, you wont be passing that check.

And THAT is why they should raise the requirements.
    Last edited by Paikis; 05-23-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

+ Reply to Thread