+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They should revert the Epic drop nerfs

Shadowlander

Default They should revert the Epic drop nerfs

I know the plaque gear is better, but there is something to be said for seeing some epics drop occasionally. I do not know the old drop rate but it seemed around 25%. This made running the instances more interesting in my opinion. It was fun to see some epics drop. Its not fun to see blues drop almost every time.

The bosses are basically just harder trash at this point. Other than the end boss who drops a sub T2 plaque epic.

I really feel bad for a new 50 who gets all excited to run T2s after hitting the reqs only to see nothing but blue after blue.

The loot changes makes no sense to me.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tynwald View Post
    I know the plaque gear is better, but there is something to be said for seeing some epics drop occasionally. I do not know the old drop rate but it seemed around 25%. This made running the instances more interesting in my opinion. It was fun to see some epics drop. Its not fun to see blues drop almost every time.

The bosses are basically just harder trash at this point. Other than the end boss who drops a sub T2 plaque epic.

I really feel bad for a new 50 who gets all excited to run T2s after hitting the reqs only to see nothing but blue after blue.

The loot changes makes no sense to me.

The best is when the final boss drops the weakest purple from what used to be the first boss loot table.

Since plaque is better it should be the upgrade from the dungeon drops. As it stands now dungeon drops are pathetic. They really messed up this dungeon makeover.

I honestly think Gronik has a single ring in his loot table. 20+ runs and only this crappy blue ring has dropped...

I'm pretty sure all the bosses still drop epics, they're just much, much rarer. You know, like epics should be. They're still there, I got my Wall of Bones off Gregori after 1.2. T2 blues are equivilant or better then some t1 epics, so you can still upgrade gear. For some reason though, that purple text is just so damn important....

Rift Disciple

there are some drops that are still better dps leather than plaque leather

examples are trembling footpads and energized tunic

however, i've run dsm about 15 times now and have never seen either drop

but the purple cleric helm from plutonus... half the time

Ascendant

Sadly they can't revert the drops unless they actually add difficulty again to the experts.. As it is right now if they gave you the old drop rate with the new difficulty people would be fully geared in a day...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Sadly they can't revert the drops unless they actually add difficulty again to the experts.. As it is right now if they gave you the old drop rate with the new difficulty people would be fully geared in a day...
    what my rogue can wear cleric helms on his feet now. god i hate clarics and there three sets of gear clogging up the loot tables.
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Telaran

That's the thing. Most weren't asking for decreased difficulty only decreased time to run the instances. These are two seperate things.

All they needed to do was to thin out the mob population. Instead, they hacked it up, completely making these way too easy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tibot View Post
    what my rogue can wear cleric helms on his feet now. god i hate clarics and there three sets of gear clogging up the loot tables.
    Ive seen WAY too much random drop leather/plate/cloth basically get greeded on because noone needs it..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

WTB plaque versions of gear-slots you can no longer fill by running T2's.

+ Reply to Thread