+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make the second tier set cost 1/4 the plaques

lud
    Champion

Default Make the second tier set cost 1/4 the plaques

If you already own say t2 dps shoulders for 200 plaques then the t2 tank shoulders should only cost 50 plaques, maybe even give the second one free as by the time someone has run t2 enough to get both sets they are probably so bored with t2 that they won't run them again.

Currently tank queues in lfg are instant and everything else including healing seem to have long delays. This is bad for the game as people are spending hours in lfg even on braircliff the highest population server and right now has a queue to log in.
    Also you removed most of the pruple t2 loot from all but the last boss making it even harder to gear a secondary role which would be tank.

Plane Touched

sorry but i disagree with this completely. these sets are meant to be a challenge to get and getting them that easily is pointless. you've gotta make a choice which to get, until you have plenty of plaques.
    5/5 GSB - 4/4 RoS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 4/4 RotP - 10/10 HK - 5/8 ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    If you were actually in the beta test skype channel you would have a different opinion of things. Picture a bunch of neckbeards arguing over ID and class tuning 24/7 while waiting to get picked for kickball. That's a more accurate picture.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Norberum View Post
    sorry but i disagree with this completely. these sets are meant to be a challenge to get and getting them that easily is pointless. you've gotta make a choice which to get, until you have plenty of plaques.
    a challenge? lol.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    a challenge? lol.
    I lol'd

x10

Plane Touched

a challenge? lol.
    not that the dungeons are hard themselves, but the low amount that are gained per dungeon and the higher number of plaques needed. in several cases, if not most cases, the plaque gear is better than the drop gear so it shouldn't be easy to get the best gear pre-raid.
    5/5 GSB - 4/4 RoS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 4/4 RotP - 10/10 HK - 5/8 ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    If you were actually in the beta test skype channel you would have a different opinion of things. Picture a bunch of neckbeards arguing over ID and class tuning 24/7 while waiting to get picked for kickball. That's a more accurate picture.

Rift Chaser

Good gear should be easier to get without putting in as much effort. The gear is the best pre-raid gear. Why should it be easy to acquire? If you want to raid as a tank, or a healer, then focus on that gear first, and your dps set last. You have to make a choice, which is good. Rewarding players with multiple specs different tier gear is stupid

lud
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Norberum View Post
    The challenge is finding a group, the t2 are now all easy and nothing more then timeplayed.
    Once someone has plenty of plaques they don't run the t2's anymore and create an alt.

When people make the choice most pick dps hence the complete lack of tanks.
    Been in t2 queue since i wrote the original message as healer dps and support on my cleric let me switch to my rogue tank. lol i clicked join t2 and it starting forming the group. Pity i don't need any loot on my rogue, ah see
    If the gear was free i'd buy the plaque gear and at the same time get tank gear then i'd tank with my cleric, but i sure as hell am not getting tank gear over dps/heals/support gear which covers 3 roles.
    This isn't a population issue either, the server is full.
    Last edited by lud; 05-22-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Sounds like the solution is to find a guild to run with.

It's like social hour for us. Most of us have 1 set max'd out, but we still spend 3-4 hours a day gearing up new 50s, workin on an alt set, and just chattin in vent while we run through the dungeons.

The cost is just fine.

Plane Touched

a challenge? lol.
    While I dont agree with the OP completely..... grinding the same 5 dungeons 500 times is not a challenge it is a tedious bore. Id rather have the actual challenge with the actual reward drops and less of the grind.

and i meant to quote the other guy sorry.
    Last edited by soluss; 05-22-2011 at 07:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread