+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Infiltrator Johlen bad phase 4

Default Infiltrator Johlen bad phase 4

I'm officer of a guild, and we have most of our members geared up for raiding. We have killed duke letareus on first try, then moved on to Infiltrator Johlen.

We got infiltrator to 25% on first try, then afterwards we wiped all night on him, just cus of the sucky 4th phase. Best try was 2% (4%, 5%, 7%, and some between 10-20%)

This phase has nothing to do with skills. We killed GP first and second boss on launch day and after. Now those bosses are much harder and excualy require some skills. But the infiltrator is just pure luck. The whisp move so fast you cant even outrun them.

Also some things are realy bugged:
    - cant see bombs sometimes
    - the whisps and the lightning bolts (moving around in the edge) kill you instant after 10 sec, when you succesfully move back into the center (more ppl in my guild report that)

Look at this vid i made:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-rIb7tP4PQ

and see that there are 3 bombs in the center with all the whisps surounding it. How you gonna avoid those with 20ppl. We used the "ranged go to trees tactics" and the "all in the middle" one. And it seems that the first is actualy better. But still, with 5-7 melee you get too many bombs in the center. You have to evade, and your tank start to get in places where it's realy narrow with the whisps. If the whisps would circle on the same course it would be ok, but also the "safe center" moves back and forth.

I know there are vids of succesfull kills, so I'm not saying it's not doable. But serious, this boss phase is just not fun at all.

And tbh I know more guilds having problems with him, how on earth can you make the 2nd tier 1 Boss this hard. If you watch the 3rd and 4th boss from GB I start to wonder why this boss is even the 2nd one.

If you want a 4th and 5th boss to be harder, so you need to farm the first 3 bosses to get the dps and skill for the last 2, i would understand, but we're not progressing like this.

I even start to think to just skip GB for this, and go straight to RoS. Even if we manage to kill him this week, we wipe another evening next week, which i rather spend on the other raid dungeons. (that are ecualy fun to play)
    Sophie - lvl50 Rogue
    Guild: Last Stand - www.laststandguild.eu

Ascendant

Your video literally showed nothing other than people stood in the wrong spots lol watch some of the success videos of this encounter, there are many guilds who beat him first shot everytime so its not about luck.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendmaniac View Post
    I'm officer of a guild, and we have most of our members geared up for raiding. We have killed duke letareus on first try, then moved on to Infiltrator Johlen.

We got infiltrator to 25% on first try, then afterwards we wiped all night on him, just cus of the sucky 4th phase. Best try was 2% (4%, 5%, 7%, and some between 10-20%)

This phase has nothing to do with skills. We killed GP first and second boss on launch day and after. Now those bosses are much harder and excualy require some skills. But the infiltrator is just pure luck. The whisp move so fast you cant even outrun them.

Also some things are realy bugged:
    - cant see bombs sometimes
    - the whisps and the lightning bolts (moving around in the edge) kill you instant after 10 sec, when you succesfully move back into the center (more ppl in my guild report that)

Look at this vid i made:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-rIb7tP4PQ

and see that there are 3 bombs in the center with all the whisps surounding it. How you gonna avoid those with 20ppl. We used the "ranged go to trees tactics" and the "all in the middle" one. And it seems that the first is actualy better. But still, with 5-7 melee you get too many bombs in the center. You have to evade, and your tank start to get in places where it's realy narrow with the whisps. If the whisps would circle on the same course it would be ok, but also the "safe center" moves back and forth.

I know there are vids of succesfull kills, so I'm not saying it's not doable. But serious, this boss phase is just not fun at all.

And tbh I know more guilds having problems with him, how on earth can you make the 2nd tier 1 Boss this hard. If you watch the 3rd and 4th boss from GB I start to wonder why this boss is even the 2nd one.

If you want a 4th and 5th boss to be harder, so you need to farm the first 3 bosses to get the dps and skill for the last 2, i would understand, but we're not progressing like this.

I even start to think to just skip GB for this, and go straight to RoS. Even if we manage to kill him this week, we wipe another evening next week, which i rather spend on the other raid dungeons. (that are ecualy fun to play)
    I'm an officer in my guild as well. We did just like you, first killed Duke and then wipe the rest of the day on Johlen. We went there a few days later, and then killed him on maybe 6-8 tries. Each time we been in Johlen, we cut those tries before killing him lower and lower. Last time we were there (Thursday) we killed him without a wipe. Time before that we wiped once.

It's far from random actually, once everyone knows what to do, and how to do it (practice makes perfection), it's a fairly easy fight.
    Last edited by Rizz; 05-22-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Skill issue, not luck.

Your raid obviously fails at moving, there's no luck in it. Use a bard's movement speed and have your chloro (you do use one right?) use Living Energy, that should help alot with moving.

That phase is a survival phase, not a burn phase, focus on surviving and dpsing when you can, not trying to burn him down it won't work if you don't move.

Some servers actually pug GSB now, so.
    Last edited by Verez; 05-22-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Rift Master

Put a big number on the head of the MT and put a guild banner in the middle before P4 starts. Then stack everyone who has to stand in the middle (melees mostly) on the MT/the banner (banner makes finding the center much easier, tank can place himself right on the banner or 3 m away, everyone else still needs to stack on the tank in that case...). Run out of circles to all that free space, pets blow up the bombs, run back to the banner, kill boss, collect loot.

Also about "circles not appearing"... yeah, they sometimes appear too late. But the bomb is always visible. So look out for the bomb. Also another great tip: If he teleports somewhere, there will be a bomb. Don't run where he teleports and run away from where he teleports.

Really not that hard... but we also needed a few tries with people "not seeing the circles" (aka not using their brains and moving away from teleport locations and positioning themselves well) ~.~

Really, this boss is basically just a noob-check... filters out the people that can't move out of circles and position themselves correctly.
    Last edited by rofltehcat; 05-22-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Soulwalker

What help the guild im in get past this boss very easily is all the people that haves pets use them to blow up and kill the concussion bombs. A macro really helps with this i don't know what the macro is since i am one of the four healers on the outer trees. Killing the bombs allow your tank and everyone that is stacked in the center move in and out between the wisps much faster.

Yes people die and every time we kill there are some casualties but seem to always have 10+ when he dies.

When he teleports and drops a bomb sometimes you dont see the circles.

Also in last phase, the wisp damage can be invisible ie, you're too far out but dont see the graphics, people need to avoid bombs and collapse in the last phase.

If you can get to the last phase you have the dps check, its just the execution in the last phase. You can also cheese it by putting a healer on each tree and hope they dont get a bomb under them
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Shadowlander

there no luck in it at all. it really easy to do phase 4 if you know how.

first off, if the barrel bombs spawn ((always after he teleports so you know when to move)) use a pet to go and blow it up , if no pets, use the tank.
    now the trick in the last phase is to make sure EVERYONE is stacked up on a number. My raids always stack up on a number 7 which is usually myself. The boss dont cleave so no other person has to worry about going in front of him(( i am the tank))
    That way, you reduce the spread of the bombs, which makes it so easy to move out from the bombs. you just move when you see him teleport.
    When blinding wisps are up just make sure everyone concentrats on them to avoid them. there a trick to avoid both of them and never get blinded. that one i will let you figuire out. there only up for about 5-6 secs.

Its all about stack up as a group so the bomb spread is not high. if your dps is decent, should only spawn bombs 3-4 times in that phase.

We have 2 ranged and 2 healers at one tree each so they dont get the bomb and can heal, or nuke the boss, and reduce the chance of them getting a bomb.

The phase is not bad design and is one of the most enjoyable fights tbh.

this is a personal thing , but i go with 51 point pala for this fight, because if i see alot of the raid get hit by the bomb in the raid and get thrown out to the wisps, i just pop the healing, and there all safe and we nuke down and kill the boss.

It's very simple, once people get a feel for the fight it is easily 1 shottable with minimal deaths so it has nothing to do with luck. The tactic we use is having the healers each take their own tree, everyone else is in the middle stacking ON the tank(not next to him, right ontop of him), this makes sure that the bombs are all in a neat pile and easy to avoid both the bombs and the wisps. When the bombs drop you move out of them and restack on the tank, make sure the tank is in the middle when the wisps come in. Very easy, just requires you're group to be aware of their surroundings.

Thank you all for the great tips. I was a little stressed out by the whole encounter last night (2% and then not kill him, I was whaaaaaaaa).
    But i see now, we have some work to do for the last phase.

"The pet target the bombs" tac is new to me, so thanks for that tip, I'm gonna try it out next try.
    Last edited by weekendmaniac; 05-22-2011 at 11:10 PM.
    Sophie - lvl50 Rogue
    Guild: Last Stand - www.laststandguild.eu

So many words in this thread =(

Phase 4, like most trion fights, is the tricky part of this fight. You need your raid to stack TIGHT in the middle after the bomb is killed and having you tank move him ... north and south? east and west? I think it's north and south, of the little piece of land you have left. the only way wisps will hit you is if someone can't run out fast enough or if someone gets blinded and then bombed then thrown into wisps.

We one shot duke oracle prince and greenscale but infiltrator took us two attempts, just so much stuff going on in phase 4 that it seems like it can be pure luck that you kill it.

Stack tight, and make sure your tank is moving to the right place after each bomb placement and you guys will be fine

http://i.imgur.com/DDQRm.png

Stick a healer in a blue x, red x's are where your tank should move after each bomb drop. stay in the black rectangle. I'm pro at paint

have you whole raid 'sit' on the tank and kite the bombs as a raid.
    Hopeless Cleric - Whitefall >_>
    Fateless Warrior - Whitefall <_<

Inglorious Basterd

Soulwalker

Agreed very fun boss. The wisps dissipate when the bombs are placed on the ground. And swarm back in when it explodes.

you can also put some ppl at the 4 pillars, max 2 each pillar.
    pro: if youre lucky you survive with no movement at all
    cons: you may die by an unlucky placed bomb ;P

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    you can also put some ppl at the 4 pillars, max 2 each pillar.
    pro: if youre lucky you survive with no movement at all
    cons: you may die by an unlucky placed bomb ;P
    you can help improve your chances at a pillar by standing at the side of the pillars. just barely out of the wisps
    if you get a bomb, run to the other side of the pillar. This should ensure you have enough space to avoid it.
    (if you stand in the middle, the bomb can take up the entire space of course.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast