+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Random LFG is not really that random

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Random LFG is not really that random

Hey

Over the space of 2 days ive been running a lot of Random T2 dungeons, firstly to get my Rogue some T2 Tanking Stuff, but also for the extra Plaques. Ive been going pretty hard at it, since my guild is wanting to raid and i'm wanting to be ready for that.

However i don't actually think that the "Randomness" is enough. Correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i understand there are 5 T2 dungeons. DSM, DD, RD, AP & CC.

So far over 2 days ive run 3 DD and 4 AP. My last run of last night was a guild run, who all did AP multiple times that day aswell.

Surely out of the 5 t2's that are available, the odd of only running the 2 dungeons cant be that high can it?

I just want to put it out there, and see if anyone noticed this aswell, or whether its my bad luck of the draw.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftkiss View Post
    Hey

Over the space of 2 days ive been running a lot of Random T2 dungeons, firstly to get my Rogue some T2 Tanking Stuff, but also for the extra Plaques. Ive been going pretty hard at it, since my guild is wanting to raid and i'm wanting to be ready for that.

However i don't actually think that the "Randomness" is enough. Correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i understand there are 5 T2 dungeons. DSM, DD, RD, AP & CC.

So far over 2 days ive run 3 DD and 4 AP. My last run of last night was a guild run, who all did AP multiple times that day aswell.

Surely out of the 5 t2's that are available, the odd of only running the 2 dungeons cant be that high can it?

I just want to put it out there, and see if anyone noticed this aswell, or whether its my bad luck of the draw.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fooled_by_Randomness

You can reque and get another instance and just keep doing that until you get the one you want.

Group up, leader clicks random T2, instance pops, say its AP. You leader says... umm done this too many times today, they click random T2 again and instance pop a DIFFERNT instance.

You can do this as many times as you like until you get the one you want. (but only the group leader can do this)

We do this so we run the ones we need for quests or loot drop we are looking for.
    Last edited by Natjur; 05-22-2011 at 06:11 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

That useful to know. Didnt know you could do that. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Natjur View Post
    You can reque and get another instance and just keep doing that until you get the one you want.

Group up, leader clicks random T2, instance pops, say its AP. You leader says... umm done this too many times today, they click random T2 again and instance pop a DIFFERNT instance.

You can do this as many times as you like until you get the one you want. (but only the group leader can do this)

We do this so we run the ones we need for quests or loot drop we are looking for.
    Where does it show what instance your being invited to? I somehow have missed that
    Last edited by Grufftech; 05-23-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

I know I never actually que as random. If I que, it will only be for CC. It use to be that I would only que for AP. Reason for this was for faction. So when 4 people join a "random" que and need, say, a tank, I'll get thrown in, and since I only qued for CC the "random" dungeon is CC.

I suspect things like this are happening to you

+ Reply to Thread