+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plaques.

Soulwalker

Default Plaques.

Who thought going from 210 plaques per week to 42 while at the same time increasing costs on plaque gear was a good idea?

Did you think everyone would settle for that once they realized the patch notes were lies and there were no more dailies and plaques werent doubled?

You guys keep killin it real good WH style. Keep it up SWTOR looks better and better.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Netheren View Post
    Who thought going from 210 plaques per week to 42 while at the same time increasing costs on plaque gear was a good idea?

Did you think everyone would settle for that once they realized the patch notes were lies and there were no more dailies and plaques werent doubled?

You guys keep killin it real good WH style. Keep it up SWTOR looks better and better.
    i dont get where you are getting those numbers from

im up to 170 plaques from 5 last weekend

Soulwalker

Default Math

Im not counting plaques from bosses. Only the extra plaques given for dailies/LFG tool.

Used to be a t1 daily was 10, and a t2 was 20, and you could do both each day for 30 plaques a day.

Now you get 7 uses of the LFG for 3 or 6, but not both. Thats 42 at most if you use all 7.

Rift Disciple

t2 was 10 per daily wasn't it???

Plane Touched

no 20, always been that way until the nerf patch

Soulwalker

Default Yeh

Basically you get 1/5 the free plaques per week you used to get.

At the same time costs went up.

Supposed to help more people get GSB ready.. in 2 months.

Of course by then the hardcores who wanted challenge but need more people geared to replace the people leaving by the droves cause the challenge is gone for them from t2s since they were fully geared in 3 weeks in the old system.

Its a mess basically. They should have left plaque gain the same or even close to it.

1/5 is overkill, massive time consumption and by the time your halfway thru your gear youll be sick of the BORING non challenging grind. Have fun. Or in trionese unFUn

Telaran

Quit complaining. I rarely do T2s anymore, and since the patch I've built an entire OFFSPEC of T2 gear in a couple weeks. Granted, sometimes we speed run 3-4 T2s in a row, but with being able to queue as much as you want, who gives a crap if you get 20 for a daily that used to take 1.5 - 2 hours that now takes 35-40 mins. Most days we don't even touch T2s, and yet I have purchased a whole second set of gear without trying.

In your entire 1/5 badges argument, you are forgetting how nerfed T2s are, and the amount of time they take now versus 1.1

Sure, you may gain less badges per instance because of this, but with the changes to cater to either grinders, casuals, or weekend warriors that do all their dailies at once, it is still VERY viable to gather enough badges to gear up for raiding.

If you think 2 weeks of time (at a casual rate even) is too much to gear up for raiding, I don't know what to tell you.

I think what you want to argue about is "Hey, I don't want to grind that much, I want to do 1 dungeon a day and be lazy" If that's the case, the qq thread is over there ------------>
    Last edited by Flackdamage; 05-21-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Plane Touched

Well I see that unlike most people you seem to enjoy facerolling through lobotomized content, you could run through 1 2 hour dungeon get nice rewards and a sense of accomplishment or you can run through 3 45 minute dungeons, bored out of your skull and have **** all rewards and no sense of accomplishment. Gee what a choice!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
    Well I see that unlike most people you seem to enjoy facerolling through lobotomized content, you could run through 1 2 hour dungeon get nice rewards and a sense of accomplishment or you can run through 3 45 minute dungeons, bored out of your skull and have **** all rewards and no sense of accomplishment. Gee what a choice!
    This is an argument about plaque rewards versus the content thrown at us, not about the difficulty of the dungeons. There is also a thread or ten to complain about how faceroll the dungeons are.. but its not this thread.
    Last edited by Flackdamage; 05-21-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Flackdamage View Post
    Quit complaining. I rarely do T2s anymore, and since the patch I've built an entire OFFSPEC of T2 gear in a couple weeks. Granted, sometimes we speed run 3-4 T2s in a row, but with being able to queue as much as you want, who gives a crap if you get 20 for a daily that used to take 1.5 - 2 hours that now takes 35-40 mins. Most days we don't even touch T2s, and yet I have purchased a whole second set of gear without trying.

In your entire 1/5 badges argument, you are forgetting how nerfed T2s are, and the amount of time they take now versus 1.1

Sure, you may gain less badges per instance because of this, but with the changes to cater to either grinders, casuals, or weekend warriors that do all their dailies at once, it is still VERY viable to gather enough badges to gear up for raiding.

If you think 2 weeks of time (at a casual rate even) is too much to gear up for raiding, I don't know what to tell you.

I think what you want to argue about is "Hey, I don't want to grind that much, I want to do 1 dungeon a day and be lazy" If that's the case, the qq thread is over there ------------>
    Way to miss the point entirely. Its amount of time invested. Apparently you have plenty of time to run massive amounts of dungeons per day, but for those of us with real lives and families to attend to, anything that increases the amount of time I have to do the content by FIVE TIMES is kind of silly.

And yeah, great I can now run t2s till my eyes bleed with a bunch of scrubs who have no idea how to play since the challenge is gone. Yay.

You may like that playstyle since its all pixel crack to you. But for some of us we like to have fun and be given rewards at a decent rate, not just one or the other.

And in one fell blow they took both away.

Also you last line, your just a tool, of course I want to be lazy IN A VIDEO GAME YOU MORON. And the use of the famous qq, yeah. People who use qq phrase, guess what, everyone hates you.
    Last edited by Netheren; 05-21-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flackdamage View Post
    fast food does satiate as good as other food. of course, you have to eat three times as much. but food is food, right?

Telaran

Way to miss the point entirely. Its amount of time invested. Apparently you have plenty of time to run massive amounts of dungeons per day, but for those of us with real lives and families to attend to, anything that increases the amount of time I have to do the content by FIVE TIMES is kind of silly.

And yeah, great I can now run t2s till my eyes bleed with a bunch of scrubs who have no idea how to play since the challenge is gone. Yay.

You may like that playstyle since its all pixel crack to you. But for some of us we like to have fun and be given rewards at a decent rate, not just one or the other.

And in one fell blow they took both away.

Also you last line, your just a tool, of course I want to be lazy IN A VIDEO GAME YOU MORON. And the use of the famous qq, yeah. People who use qq phrase, guess what, everyone hates you.

I think you missed a few key points in my thread. The parts where I said there were days and days that we didn't run a single dungeon, or ran 2-3 dungeons back to back on a day where we had the time... my entire point was that we DO run your kind of schedule and still are able to build our gear just fine. At no point did I say we sat around all for an entire day grinding and grinding 37 runs in a row.

My point is, it is still viable to run on a casual schedule and get the gear you need. If you can't, then I don't know what to tell you. If you can't afford 1 hour a day during the week and 3 hours on a weekend to play a video game of this type, then I don't know what to tell you.

Soulwalker

This guys confuses me not wanting to waste hours upon hours replaying the same un challenging content with being lazy. I prefer challenging content with comparable rewards.

Now I have dumbed down content I have to run 5x more often to get the same stuff.

While Flack may have 5+ hours a day to play Rift, and prefers weak content since he can "blaze thru it brah"
    I dont. and yeah was running 1 or 2 instances a day not enough? k

But hey his offspec is geared now, he wont need to run all those experts anymore right?

Yeah.

Point is, I used to be able to play an hour or 2 a day doin instances, and be rewarded 5x more than I am now.

I dont care that its easier, it was already easy for me and some of my friends. Its about having to put in more time for NO REASON except tp artifically extend content.
    Last edited by Netheren; 05-21-2011 at 05:59 PM.

Telaran

This guys confuses me not wanting to waste hours upon hours replaying the same un challenging content with being lazy. I prefer challenging content with comparable rewards.

Now I have dumbed down content I have to run 5x more often to get the same stuff.

While Flack may have 5+ hours a day to play Rift, and prefers weak content since he can "blaze thru it brah"
    I dont. and yeah was running 1 or 2 instances a day not enough? k

But hey his offspec is geared now, he wont need to run all those experts anymore right?

Yeah.

Point is, I used to be able to play an hour or 2 a day doin instances, and be rewarded 5x more than I am now.

I dont care that its easier, it was already easy for me and some of my friends. Its about having to put in more time for NO REASON except tp artifically extend content.
    This was never about how easy the dungeons were. You complained initially that the rewards you got were nerfed. I could join you in complaining how easy and dumbed down the dungeons are now, as I did enjoy them before the nerfs. The only reason I posted in this thread, was to point out that, at face value of difficulty, each dungeon rewards a fitting amount of nerfed plaques to fit along with the nerfed content. Your first post makes it sound like you want 20 plaques for a 40 minute run, which I believe is wrong.

And I'll say it one last time if you are still confused, or if it even matters, because I think you have a skewed vision of what you think I believe. Do I think the dungeons themselves should be this easy? NO, I don't, but like I posted above, that was an argument for a different thread.

Oh, and on a parallel topic, a suggestion to make it fun and challenging in a way it was before... try to aim to get the speed run achievement every time in every dungeon you run, or hit up all the achievements while doing so. It may give a false sense of challenge that isn't there anymore, but it is still something to do to challenge yourself. We just recently finished dungeon butcher on a casual schedule (which is not your 5+ hour schedule as you assumed) and we had a blast doing it. Would we be happy if they tuned it a little harder and more in line of how it used to be? Most definately.

Im not counting plaques from bosses. Only the extra plaques given for dailies/LFG tool.

Used to be a t1 daily was 10, and a t2 was 20, and you could do both each day for 30 plaques a day.

Now you get 7 uses of the LFG for 3 or 6, but not both. Thats 42 at most if you use all 7.
    and now you do the daily quest and a random of each, so its 84 if you are going like that.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast