+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 avg damage accepted?

Default T2 avg damage accepted?

I was tanking a t2 eCC & i seen that not 1 dps was over 195.

I my healer asked if he was undergeared, I told him no its not your fault the fight took 1 hour & you oomed.

I then asked "DPS top was 195 the low was 138 & I as the tank was at 195."

I asked wtf is with your sad dps? guys pump it to 500 - 800 or quit.

they tried i think the high dps was 505 & the other 2 dps were at 300.

was I wrong for calling them out?

Anyone who cares about DPS is wrong. That's why there are no valid DPS meters in Rift. It ruined WoW, and we don't want them here. Go back to WoW if you wan to play the DPS game.

You mean that they have nerfed the penultimate challenge in xCC normal now so we can all sit and have a picnic and not have a dps check or die.

I personally don't like DPS meters or the such like. But I know my guild leader uses them for certain thinghs. Normally we don't bother, but some encounters in this game require you to do a certain ammount of damage over the course of the fight, and if you cannot, you fail.

Please go and ask trion and every other mmo maker out there in production, or otherwise, to remove enrage timers, high regeneration rates to beat and any other similar effect from their encounters then we can dispense with all these meter things. Till then we don't have unlimited healer mana and have enrage timers so the members of your team that sign as DPS should do the job they say they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Volfin View Post
    Anyone who cares about DPS is wrong. That's why there are no valid DPS meters in Rift. It ruined WoW, and we don't want them here. Go back to WoW if you wan to play the DPS game.
    Clearly you don't get it.

Are you really saying it's ok for DPS to do such low DPS as to make the encounter 50x harder for the Healer and not have anyone mention it?

Saying anyone who cares about DPS is wrong, is such a stupid statement.

Ofc people who use parsers to pull people up on DPS for no reason or to show off their own DPS are idiots, but clearly the OP isn't one of those people.
    "It always sound scarier when a hollerer talk soft."

Plane Touched

While im not a fan of the dps meters and such there has to be some cutoff. If the 'dps' classes are doing the same damage as the tank, something has gone horribly wrong no?

Cuz lets be honest if you judged a tank, what would you base it on? How well he hold aggro, and knowing the mechanics of the fight.
    So if said tank did a crap job of holding aggro what would you tell them?

Anyone who cares about TANKING is wrong. It ruined WoW, and we don't want them here. Go back to WoW if you wan to play the TANKING game.

DPS does matter. If you have a tank like the OP doing his best to keep the group alive, a healer doing his best to keep the tank alive, and 3 dps sitting there picking their nose and watching eastenders, then I'd say he has a right to call them out.

In a hardmode 5 man in the "other" game I've tanked a run where the expected minimum dps was around 2k+. One dps was hitting 1.3k, next one down 700, next one down (no joke) was sitting around 300. Their inability to learn how to play their class to even a basic level meant unnecessary wipe after painful unnecessary wipe.
    If a tank or healer in this situation is so badly undergeared/too stubborn to listen or learn/doesn't give a rats ***, the group won't get past the first trash pack.

In my groups, DPS don't get to semi-afk while me and the healer sweat. They at least pull the minimum weight or they find my ignore list on the way out.
    Amiga 500
    512k + 512k upgrade
    80mb H.D.D
    2 x external 3 1/2" floppy drives
    Cruiser turbo joystick
    ^ ^ ^
    Best gaming machine ever made lols at your epeen pc rigs.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RJTravis View Post
    I was tanking a t2 eCC & i seen that not 1 dps was over 195.

I my healer asked if he was undergeared, I told him no its not your fault the fight took 1 hour & you oomed.

I then asked "DPS top was 195 the low was 138 & I as the tank was at 195."

I asked wtf is with your sad dps? guys pump it to 500 - 800 or quit.

they tried i think the high dps was 505 & the other 2 dps were at 300.

was I wrong for calling them out?

Maybe because bad players got through T1's fast cause dungeons were dumbed down? Maybe if they spent some time failing, and had to get better at their class before they got the gear to move on to T2's?

If Trion follows its most recent path, they will dumb down T2's even more, so this doesn't happen. That way, bad players can walk around Meridian with shiny gear and feel good about themselves, for accomplishing nothing.

Sez

A dps class with terrible gear but the correct spec/rotation should still be able to do 600 single target.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwing View Post
    While im not a fan of the dps meters and such there has to be some cutoff. If the 'dps' classes are doing the same damage as the tank, something has gone horribly wrong no?

Cuz lets be honest if you judged a tank, what would you base it on? How well he hold aggro, and knowing the mechanics of the fight.
    So if said tank did a crap job of holding aggro what would you tell them?
    Exactly.

If a Healer has to keep everyone alive, and the Tank has to keep agro.... then it's not too much to ask for the DPS to do damage. I hate people who play the "you're an elitist" card when anyone even mentions DPS numbers. There has to be some common sense on the matter.
    "It always sound scarier when a hollerer talk soft."

Shadowlander

Fresh 50 you should be doing about 400-500 DPS with fresh gear and an ok spec. If your doing less then that in a T2, then you probably don't have enough hit/focus to be participating in T2, or you just don't know what you are doing. This isn't a slight against people playing badly, its just that you have to be afk to not be doing more DPS then the Tank, there is no reason your teammates should have been that low, if they were doing 4-500, then yea, they aren't that good (nothing to kick them for), but doing under 200DPS on a T2 should merit a kick unless they are Support/Healer/Tank.

Plane Touched

Anyone who cares about DPS is wrong.
    Out of curiosity, what exactly do you think kills bosses... Good intentions?

That's why there are no valid DPS meters in Rift.
    Funny, I have two that work extremely well.

It ruined WoW,
    There isn't an MMO out there, especially this one (not in Azeroth my arse), that doesn't aspire to be as "ruined" as WoW.

and we don't want them here.
    Who's this "we", white eyes?

Many of us not only want them here, but we actually have noticed that they're already here.

Go back to WoW if you wan to play the DPS game.
    "Go back to WoW", the favorite cry of empty minded fanbois everywhere.

Well, that and "Where did everyone go?".

I agree that in a random DPS does not need to be the best but you would think out of respect of your fellow gamer you should try to do your best no?

In this group I had a dps mage named Zapi she/he did 85! dps! I can only accept so much.

I mean how can you defend that low of dps out of someone with enough gear to get into a random t2?

I mean 1 bad dps in the 300 I can turn a eye to but 3?

I mean come on 3 dps doing under the tanks dps of 195?

i keep a dps meter running in all dungeons

but i never announce it or use it against someone, i had one warrior in an expert LH that was doing 68 dps, yes, 68, that was her average the whole run, was riftblade too, and i didnt say a word or votekick or anything

i use the dps meter for my own benefit, so that i know if im pulling my weight based on my standards, or if someone else in the group has one running sometimes we'll get into a little contest over it, but using it to kick someone or berate them is terrible (not saying you cant ask them to increase it a bit, but dont call them terrible and tell them to quit)

Eh, I've had the same problem in a few of my pugs. There's nothing worse than having to carry terrible dps characters through content.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    i keep a dps meter running in all dungeons

but i never announce it or use it against someone, i had one warrior in an expert LH that was doing 68 dps, yes, 68, that was her average the whole run, was riftblade too, and i didnt say a word or votekick or anything

i use the dps meter for my own benefit, so that i know if im pulling my weight based on my standards, or if someone else in the group has one running sometimes we'll get into a little contest over it, but using it to kick someone or berate them is terrible (not saying you cant ask them to increase it a bit, but dont call them terrible and tell them to quit)
    in ecc there is a boss that you must kill with in a set time it is in fact a dps race your saying you should wipe 100 time & never say a word?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast