+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough already we need a cross-server LFG tool.

Shield of Telara

Default Enough already we need a cross-server LFG tool.

I have literally spent all DAY long trying to get into a group, using the lfg tool, with no success. And YES I am qued as Tank, Heal, Support and Dps. There is no reason it should be taking this long to find a group. Fix this...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    I have literally spent all DAY long trying to get into a group, using the lfg tool, with no success. And YES I am qued as Tank, Heal, Support and Dps. There is no reason it should be taking this long to find a group. Fix this...
    I totally agree. I think thats why WoW's LFG was so affective bcuz they did a cross-realm LFG tool. And i believe that if Rift did this it would be 10x better for the community.

Shadowlander

No, we don't need one. It will ruin the community because no one has to communicate with anyone to find parties. No cross-shard LFG please.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    your server is dead, no reason to x shard it, i get ques instanly as a dps and healer
    Harrow - RPpvp

Shield of Telara

No cross-dungeon tool, just merge servers

Soulwalker

Lfg tool is working fine. Peeps just need to learn that its just not klicking on button and then sit back and wait till the dungeon pops. Start making a group and try find peeps, ones u find some and have half a group then LFG works fine.

PLS all learn to fill ur freind list with peeps so u can make easy groups and get things going, and not just klick on button and then just wait and do nothing.
    MMO means u have to build a rep on ur shard and that way get peeps to put u on there frineds list and u do the same.

Mulitshard is what killes a good MMO game.
    Last edited by mordia; 05-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.

I didn't experience "multishard" killing the game at all. Quite the opposite, actually. Occasionally I even found people from my own server I friended and started groups with!

people dont want trion to merge servers because that will look like the game is failing and they dont want cross server lfg because 'community' is so important to them.

cross server the lfg to fix the gap between people that want to queue up and play quickly and let the people that want to find groups, find groups. These people that snarl at people for cross server lfg must not even use the lfg tool so i see no reason for it to matter.

the wait times are not wait times. they just dont happen.
    REFUND / HOTPANTS

I must take a moment to comment on this. This is NOT a good idea. Allow me to elaborate.

1) WoW did the cross server LFG system and it utterly killed any esprit de corp. No one needed to talk to each other, in fact, any guild that was struggling to grow was doomed to failure at that point. No one needs to rely on the help of others, why join a guild?

2) The general consensus at that point became "I can act like a total jerk, because these people are not from my server and what are the odds I'll ever see them again?". This led to a whole slew of griefing, bickering and ninjaing, that I, would not want to repeat.

Trion is doing a bang up job on the maintaining, balancing and general release of content for the game. There will always be QQing, but rather than give in to the whiny masses, they've tried to come up with content that all can enjoy. I appreciate this.

Rather than push for a system that, without a doubt, will kill the communtiy, try to make friends and acquaintances that will help you in your travels. It is, after all, an MMO.

This is just my humble opinion, take it as it is.
    Paragon <The Endless> - 50 Warrior Defiant, Kaleida

Soulwalker

Default Possible solution - LFG with cross-server optional

I would like to see the LFG tool be available for cross-server groups. I have been trying to get in a dungeon for several days now (both advertising in chat and que'd in the LFG tool) and had no success. Three seperate days I waited in the que for over an hour each. I have heard that most dungeons take 1-3 hours to complete, so I try to block out enough time to ensure I do not have to leave mid-dungeon. With the wait times being so long, and the dungeons being so large, it makes it practically impossible to do dungeons during the week for me. I am loving the gameplay in Rift, but I currently feel that I will not be able to do dungeons because of the time commitment now involved. I joined a guild with the only goal to find additional players that would group up for dungeons. I have read (and listened via podcasts) about the LFG tool killing the community aspect of the game. From what I have gathered about this discussion is that most of the people that have issues with cross-server tool tend to play for several hours almost every day. I admit I am not the most social player when it comes to MMO's, but I feel that should not exclude me from doing dungeons. I also seem to get the impression that most people who dislike the cross server option prefer not to do PUGs to begin with. The simplist way around this IMO is to make the LFG cross-server and option within the tool itself (not my original idea, heard this thru a podcast for WOW discussing the ability to "opt out" of cross server LFG). At this point, I am seriously considering changing servers just so I can experience this aspect of the game.

With that being said... I love the dynamic content and am throughly enjoy playing Rift!

Regards
    Adzel

PS currently lvl 21 sab/ranger under the name Adzeol on the Snarebrush shard. PST me if your on the same shard and would also like to get in a dungeon. I am still trying to get a group together.

Shield of Telara

What some of you, fail to realise is that the people *****ing are doing all of these things. HMMM u dont think I have a friends list, you dont think that I try shouting to form a group?

Get real people stop jumping to conclusions. If I as a competent player is willing to play any role in order to get into a group, then I shouldnt have to sit around all day waiting for a fricking group.

Enough said.. I could care less about your reasons for it not being implemented. If you dont want it then dont use it, but there is no reason why I should have to sit around waiting for a group when I pay money to play this game and not wait around.

So Trion fix this crap....

Ascendant

Why does it always come down to "I pay money and I should get to do what I want, when I want" argument? Gets tiresome =/

Plane Touched

There is nothing wrong with the LFG tool (excepted the noted bugs). The problem is people aren't queueing because of how boring and unrewarding the dungeons are.

Soulwalker

And here we go then: I want, I pay for it (as dont we all), and could care less about ur reasons.

Iam not saying that i dont want the LFG tool, just dont want it to be cross sever. Because to me it killed WOW, and i have bin playing wow from start till cat came out. To me when blizz came up with it and i started to use it, it seemed that 8 out off 10 groups that i got in to where just no fun at all.
    Peeps could not go without saying noob every 10 sec, vote to kick peeps for no reason at all, started to fight about nothing, took loot that was main specc to some one els, ect ect ect.

All iam saying is that by keeping it one shard only peeps have to keep there rep up in dungeons, for if thy dont thy will get a bad rep and wil be hard to find a dungeon after that. So if u do have fun rerolling and lvling up.So this way it will make sure that peeps will behave in dungeons, and to me thats a good thing.

What i do normaly is to start make a group and then, Yes i juse the LFG tool to fill in the blanck spots, and for me it always worked out fine that way. i met a lot off very nice and good players that way, that i put on my list and i do ask them the next time if thy feel like doing a run when i ready to make a new group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethias View Post
    I didn't experience "multishard" killing the game at all. Quite the opposite, actually. Occasionally I even found people from my own server I friended and started groups with!
    so your argument is: xshard so I can occasionally find ppl from my shard? wut?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast