+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Critical Critter"

Plane Touched

Default "Critical Critter"

Defeat Prince Hylas without more than 3 Hedge Stalkers joining the battle.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to do this achievement? The only ways I can think of are people logging out so they don't get ported, and having a tank circle around with them without bringing them into the arena - but I'm not sure if either of these would work since I'm not sure how "joining the battle" is defined.

Prophet of Telara

From what I noticed in one running, if someone has aggro on the wolves but no one else does and then that person dies far away from the wolves spawn point the wolves will not go after the rest of the raid. So you could maybe have someone lead the pack and suicidie with some of the wolves as the rest of the group runs safely in.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

I have always assumed you could run on the far right instead of hugging the left wall. I have never had the chance to try it though.

Plane Touched

@Seether: That's what I meant when I said have a tank circle around without bringing them into the middle area, although I have no idea if it'd work though. It all depends on what they mean by "join the battle" - my first guess would be that "join the battle" means "enter hylas' arena", in which case your suggestion would work.

@bluedot: That was my first thought when I looked at the achievement. i.e. Take a long way around, and get the bonus of less wolves in compensation for Hylas healing a bit more.

It's a shame that this boss is so much of a pain in the *** that people don't really wanna get him to 10% then go wipe to see how the achievement works. =P

We did this, it's very easy you just gotta step outside of the area once you get out of polymorph and wait for tank to grab adds and tank them outside losing the rest of the raid.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mrtakedown View Post
    We did this, it's very easy you just gotta step outside of the area once you get out of polymorph and wait for tank to grab adds and tank them outside losing the rest of the raid.
    Thanks! :]

EDIT: So are they allowed to enter the arena for a split second?
    Last edited by FatChocobo; 05-21-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatChocobo View Post
    Thanks! :]

EDIT: So are they allowed to enter the arena for a split second?
    Well, if you notice it takes a lot of time for them to enter arena after you get out of polymorph, it's more than enough for the tank to get out of the area and grab them since he should have initial aggro. I believe though, when we did it some of them definitely charged couple of times inside the arena.

It may also be the case that they cannot enter arena only after you broke hylas shield.
    Last edited by mrtakedown; 05-21-2011 at 11:00 AM.

It may also be the case that they cannot enter arena only after you broke hylas shield.
    We pull the wolves on top of Hylas and AE everything to break his ward, so they can definitely come in before that.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Hmm, we spent some time on this yesterday and I think could use some more info.

So the procedure is, run as normal through the maze with the add tank collecting wolves.

When you are changed back the add tank and a healer move away into the maze losing the raid.

The raid kills Hylas as normal.

Is this correct ?

Thanks
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Telaran

Well, if you notice it takes a lot of time for them to enter arena after you get out of polymorph, it's more than enough for the tank to get out of the area and grab them since he should have initial aggro. I believe though, when we did it some of them definitely charged couple of times inside the arena.

I read your strat above, and it either has been fixed in a patch since you've done it, or was incorrect.

We've been trying this achievement for 3 weeks now, and it is the last one we need for the Conqueror achievement.

Anyways, we tried it several different ways. First of which, we had a tank run ahead and gather up all the wolves,. he stopped short of the entrance and waited for the third tank to lose his polymorph, third tank then, went out and taunted the wolves out. Problem is, the wolves,. VERY far out of LOS of any of the raid, were running through the wall charging random raid members,.. so we wiped it out and tried another idea. We had the third tank run ahead, gather up ALLL the wolves, and when the raid neared Hylas entrance, they waited,... the tank then RAN AWAY to the wall, died, and all the wolves reset to their position. It was only after the tank died did the raid enter Hylas room. We were thinking "Damn! FINALLY we get this achievement!" We finish off the fight, and low and behold, no achievement. Not a single wolf entered Hylas area, we had 20 sets of eyes watching the door and not a single came in, and we blew up Hylas. This achievement has either been fixed or is broken.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you do your achievement?
    Last edited by Flackdamage; 05-26-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Anyone who has done this recently can shed some light?
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Prophet of Telara

We are going to try this achievement next week. Seems like the run back out is way to do it...but then it doesn't work anymore people say (again we haven't tried so just building informatino since the only way to find out if somebody works is to use your kill for the week)..?

No matter how hard we've tried so far we always get over the required number in our regular kills so wondering what the trick is nowadays.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Quote Originally Posted by Flackdamage View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, when did you do your achievement?
    http://imageshack.us/f/651/20110530183913.jpg/

Link of achievement.

We actually got it without trying, and other people are still getting sometimes. We usually tank Hylas at the far right corner and the rest of the raid are spread in 90% degree radius around him. Wolves are tanked by tank #2 (we only use 2 tanks), outside of the arena with tank positioning wolves so that they LoS the raid, but tank doesn't. This way some cleric can keep him up.

Telaran

http://imageshack.us/f/651/20110530183913.jpg/

Link of achievement.

We actually got it without trying, and other people are still getting sometimes. We usually tank Hylas at the far right corner and the rest of the raid are spread in 90% degree radius around him. Wolves are tanked by tank #2 (we only use 2 tanks), outside of the arena with tank positioning wolves so that they LoS the raid, but tank doesn't. This way some cleric can keep him up.
    We did the same strategy, but the wolves would charge through the hedge to the raid, does that happen with your strat? Even more so, 4/14 may have been before the "fix" to the Hylas fight, where people would log out in his room and log back in to avoid the critter run back. It has since then been fixed. Anyone have any idea if this is before/after 4/14? It is just really boggling our mind that we didn't get the achievement with no wolves entering Hylas room.
    Last edited by Flackdamage; 05-30-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    Phazed, GM of <Citadel> a Briarcliff Defiant PVE Guild

We got this on our second kill on Hylas by pure luck, most of the wolves were away from the wall on our way back ended up only getting 2-3. It seems to me like the wolves patrol so I guess if you take your time running back you can control how many wolves you get by waiting for them to pat away from the wall.
    Last edited by Ganrax; 05-30-2011 at 01:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread