+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can we get a response from Trion on the "Experts"

Soulwalker

Default Can we get a response from Trion on the "Experts"

So far Trion has done a good job for the most part of listening to the community. I am just curious as almost everyone does not like the changes they made to what used to be fun, semi-challenging instances into mindless grinds what Trion plans to do or if they will do anything. I'm sure they have noticed that less and less people are logging on to do the dungeons pre-1.2 and I'm sure with nothing to hold peoples interest to get enough people in a guild for raids it will lead to a big loss in population. Before the patch I loved rift and was on everyday. The t2s weren't hard but atleast I wasn't bored to death running them with other guidmates. I didn't even consider switching to SWTOR or GW2 but with all fun from the game gone aside from raids for me (not a big fan of pvp) I don't think I will stay when those games come out.

Also from what I have seen on other posts people respond with dungeons taking too long, one person saying it took 5 hours. If it takes someone that long to do something that most groups can do in 1-1.5 hours they don't really deserve the gear they would get from the T2s anyways because they are playing with a group performing 5x worse than the average players.
    Last edited by Uneasycreature; 05-20-2011 at 01:24 PM.

I was actually going to post something along these lines.

The difficulty changes are hugely unpopular and the only places I've seen the slightest praise for them is on the forum. Everyone in game hates them.

Thinning trash was good, and the hp on some mobs understandable, but all the severe boss gimps an trash damage reduction... blech

I prepaid for a 6 month, so I'm pretty much stuck here. I really hope the seriously re-think these changes. Even a "no, we're sticking with them" or "we hear you and we're talking about it internally" would be great. I'm not one of those that wants his issue addressed immediately by the biggest boss they can find, but given how enormously unpopular these changes have been, I think they'd have some sort of statement, even if it's just a "shut up".

Hellgate is getting relaunched in the US as a F2P. If Rift doesn't shape up, I'm definitely headed there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uneasycreature View Post
    So far Trion has done a good job for the most part of listening to the community. I am just curious as almost everyone does not like the changes they made to what used to be fun, semi-challenging instances into mindless grinds what Trion plans to do or is thinking of doing. I'm sure they have noticed that less and less people are logging on to do the dungeons pre-1.2 and I'm sure with nothing to hold peoples interest to get enough people in a guild for raids it will lead to a big loss in population. Before the patch I loved rift and was on everyday. The t2s weren't hard but atleast I wasn't bored to death running them with other guidmates. I didn't even consider switching to SWTOR or GW2 but with all fun from the game gone aside from raids for me (not a big fan of pvp) I don't think I will stay when those games come out.

Also from what I have seen on other posts people respond with dungeons taking too long, one person saying it took 5 hours. If it takes someone that long to do something that most groups can do in 1-1.5 hours they don't really deserve the gear they would get from the T2s anyways because they are playing with a group performing 5x worse than the average players.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

A guildy of mine said they are workign on t3 dungeons which will be as ahrd as the t2s were. Don't know where he heard it from unfortunatly

Shadowlander

Official comment might save many guilds. There are a lot of people going on "indefinite break" in mine.

Trion has been very active in giving information to the community but after the latest changes we have received nothing. It seems they are afraid to reply information that might cause people to quit the game :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    Trion has been very active in giving information to the community but after the latest changes we have received nothing. It seems they are afraid to reply information that might cause people to quit the game :/
    Leaving things as is is the best way to get a lot of people to quit. It's just not fun. It's not rewarding. It's a dull grind and a waste of time.

1.2 IS NOT FUN.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    Leaving things as is is the best way to get a lot of people to quit. It's just not fun. It's not rewarding. It's a dull grind and a waste of time.
    they _might_ quit, because eveything is uncertain. if it's certain, ppl WILL quit because they have an official answer.

t3 with new plaques to farm? won't help. the dungeons were deliberatly nerfed for 1-healer groups and randoms. why would t3s be any different? ppl would demand to do them in randoms as well, and no one wants to wait for a second healer or stuck in an instance because the mage won't roll chloro for 1 boss or the rogue go bard.

Sez

Until I have completed every single dungeon acheesement, I do not support people whining about it being too easy.

And neither should you.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Until I have completed every single dungeon acheesement, I do not support people whining about it being too easy.

And neither should you.
    Achievements: the game

(<- has actually completed all of the achievements in several of the T2s)

Champion

the fights were tuned for 1 healer and 1 support before the nerf.

now they are tuned for a half healer.

there was so much that was nerfed its hard to describe it all, the most fun ive had since 1.2 was powerhealing a tank with 97 toughness through dsm. i actually had to heal.

other than that the only way to make them fun is to pull rediculous amounts of mobs at a time.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Uneasycreature View Post
    "Experts"
    What's an expert?

Soulwalker

And neither should you.
    It has nothing to do with that, the dungeons simply are not fun anymore, besides who cares if u can get an achievement if its possible for anyone with half a brain and higher than level 20 greens to get them. Sure some of them you have to pay attention to get but just to kill a boss you should have to do that. Same defense everyone said in WOTLK. Go back to wow please.
    Last edited by Uneasycreature; 05-20-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Soulwalker

I like the changes. I do not like the change in plaque awards.

Soulwalker

"I wish I could disagree, but after AP last night, I didn't even want to run another dungeon. I'm the same guy that had 700 plaques saved (after buying all my BiS) pre1.2. I used to enjoy t2s."

Sez I'm guessing your bi-polar? You said this on another post but then say that you don't think people should complain about t2s? lol

I've gotten several achievements like the rapid assaults not even trying. My GF is a fresh 50 and we just waltzed through RD and DSM with no issue.

And neither should you.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast