+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is leveling only using LFG viable?

General of Telara

Default Is leveling only using LFG viable?

Posted this on general but stuff there is 4 pages back before you know it. If I pick one of the more populated servers like Briarcliff or Wolfsbane and make a tank can I use LFG to level up only in dungeons with as little questing as possible. Not to compare games but WoW's LFG system means instant groups for a tank and you can hit max level very easily just running dungeons. Is the same true here? Or will I be waiting hours for a group even as a tank?

Soulwalker

I'm on a medium pop server, and I tried to tank using the queue while leveling up and I never got a single queue. Never... not one... granted I can't speak for those on high pop servers. Once I hit 50 the queue was decent though.

I posted this on your other post:

Sadly, I doubt it.

I'm on a somewhat populated server. It's pretty quick to get into an expert queue, but on my alt (level 22 now) it can take hours to get a pop. This is definitely disheartening, as the quests in the game are not very interesting and I have no desire to quest another character to 50. Additionally, PvP isn't really my thing and on top of that you only get a reasonable amount of experience if you win. If something isn't done to make the LFD tool a bit more useful for lower levels (i.e. you can just level up via dungeons) I'm going to lose any further interest in playing.

Edit: And this is with me being a Cleric, with both a tank and healing spec, which also allows me to roll as 'Support.' And it still takes me hours.
    In short: I doubt it, which is sad, because that's what I'd like to do.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Would have been easy as **** to do that when the game first released. With the pop of the lower level zones now, I doubt it seriously.

I haven't gotten a group in 4 days on my mage on a medium/high pop server. So in my experience, no way, Jose.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Venditte View Post
    I haven't gotten a group in 4 days on my mage on a medium/high pop server. So in my experience, no way, Jose.
    Im assuming in next major patch it will include more servers like WoW's LFG system then?

Better not be too many (like that other game) or at least give your local server a chance to find more people for at least 10-20 minutes... else it'll just be anonymous garbage.

PS: But I like grouping somewhat the old fashioned way; filling my group up as much as I can with trade chat pugs then queuing whatever else. Hell, I've gotten most of my group built that way without the tool.
    Last edited by Iteus; 05-20-2011 at 11:52 AM.

I've been trying to use the lfg tool on my mage alt (on Faeblight) from level 30-42 as support, heals and dps without a single success. I've gotten groups with it on my 50 but for the lower levels it seems people either are not using it or it's not working right.

My rogue on Briarcliff is currently 24th and I have been leveling this way with no problems takes less than 5 minutes to get a group rolling most of the time. I wouldn't know about the higher levels at this point, but it seems viable to me.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jethas View Post
    My rogue on Briarcliff is currently 24th and I have been leveling this way with no problems takes less than 5 minutes to get a group rolling most of the time. I wouldn't know about the higher levels at this point, but it seems viable to me.
    That's because everyone is rerolling to that server for better populations since Trion wants to pretend like server populations aren't a problem.

+ Reply to Thread