+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Design Problem. Queuing while in a group.

Soulwalker

Default Design Problem. Queuing while in a group.

I noticed an annoying design flaw in the dungeon queue yesterday. The queue time was about 15 or 20 mins for DPS. This is no worse than can be expected considering it was about 45 mins on WoW. While I waited, a world event began. The only problem was, I could not join the public group while I was in the queue. So I left the queue and joined the public group and tried to rejoin the queue while in the public group. I could not join the queue at all because I wasn't the leader of the party.
    So... I finished the event and requeued. There was nothing for me to do while in the queue (because I couldn't group and warfronts kick you out of the queue) so I went afk for a few mins. I came back and had been logged out of the game. Fun.
    So, If I want to get in a dungeon using the random queue, my only options for passing the time are solo questing, or sitting. Hopefully they will address this issue. It seems like this would be an easy enough fix.

Thanks
    Amon

Sounds more like a design mechanic to prevent people from abandoning Warfront or dungeon queues for the other group.

The only thing I would agree with here is disabling the auto logout while in a queue. Then, to prevent that from being exploited, as soon as the join message pops up they would have to re-enable the auto logout function. So, if you're not paying attention, then you're back to square one. Wait, maybe they should just keep it the way it is.
    Last edited by Kiluvian; 05-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?u=37546&type=sigpic&dateline=1296618568

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kiluvian View Post
    Sounds more like a design mechanic to prevent people from abandoning Warfront or dungeon queues for the other group.

The only thing I would agree with here is disabling the auto logout while in a queue. Then, to prevent that from being exploited, as soon as the join message pops up they would have to re-enable the auto logout function. So, if you're not paying attention, then you're back to square one. Wait, maybe they should just keep it the way it is.
    I don't really have a problem with not being able to do Warfronts while in the queue, that makes enough sense. I don't really see the benefit of not allowing me to form or join a group while queued though. I can't even go help out my lowbie friends while in a queue. I tend to just give up and do warfronts because they pop almost immediately on my server. I just get antsy while sitting around doing nothing.

+ Reply to Thread