+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: Tier 2 Dungeons Too Easy!

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default Tier 2 Dungeons Too Easy!

    Hello,
    this is my topic from 2 months ago before the failed 1.2 patch that makes everyone leave the game as is not fun to play anymore, with everything so dumbed down.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...37#post1879737

    Game in 1.2 became too easy to apeal to players both hardcore and casual, my friends don't always have time to play raids and they see no reason to log in a game where you can do dunegons in less than 20min and all best loot comes from Plaques anyway.
    What about small group of players that dont do raids and Tier2 was fun for them to do? Tier 1 was already easy for those people that can't be bother to learn something and after patch all expert dungeons became a joke. Well there were easy before if people focused and now you don't even know you fighting a boss because they are so weak.
    LFG worst tool Developers could offer to players, before we had nice dailies that people talked in /50lvl chat and tried to get a group going now channel is dead. What's the reason to offer a tool that teleports you to dungeon without going out of town? What's the reason for a toll that kills social interaction?
    Trion how many more players you want to loose?

  2. #2
    Rift Master devilryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    605

    Default

    There's 2 options for Trion. Make the dungeons harder or release new 5 man content above T2 difficulty and below or same as T3 content.

    They jumped the gun too soon and make T2 too easy. if in 1.3 we're gona expect heaps of content for T2-T3 then that would be a far more ideal time to nerf T2 dungeons.

    Now? it's counterproductive. Making T2's easy, drops harder to obtain and plaque rate gearing up over 2x longer. I'd rather spend 2 months getting something with some fun than 2 months facerolling everything.

    There must be a sense of accomplishment when completing content that's marked as "expert". Coz "expert" it is not atm.

    Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

  3. #3
    Champion DieScream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Before the dungeon finder, the group was teleported to the dungeon once one person entered, I don't know why you "anti" LFG people consistently ignore that fact and act like the teleport is new with the LFG.

    You have zero evidence the T2's being made less harsh is causing anyone to leave, let alone a lot.

    No one, Trion, or the LFG is stopping you or the other LFG complainers from spamming chat and "socializing" as much as you ever did. This is more about forcing everyone else to do that along with you it seems.

  4. #4
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotUsedBrain View Post
    Trion how many more players you want to loose?
    They won me back with LFD. Your point?

    Some day you guys need to realise you're only talking for yourself and not community. Will make you look less funny.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker matt198992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    They won me back with LFD. Your point?

    Some day you guys need to realise you're only talking for yourself and not community. Will make you look less funny.
    and people from wow need to stop migrating here.

    some day wow will release another expansion and people will stop ruining this game, trying to complain about every aspect that does not measure up to wow somehow.


    the LFD tool was an admittance that there are low pops on the servers. and soon it will be cross-shard. then the community will go to hell, and voila! we are back in Azeroth.
    Guild Leader of: <Access Denied>
    Guild: Level 8 PvP Guild
    Server: Sunrest Defiants

    Recruiting: YES

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt198992 View Post
    the LFD tool was an admittance that there are low pops on the servers. and soon it will be cross-shard. then the community will go to hell, and voila! we are back in Azeroth.
    That's one hell of a jump to conclusions.

    They've talked about having a LFG tool since before release, and given the speed it was added it was likely already partly coded before release.

    Is WoW having a LFD tool them admitting they have low pops? I don't think many would try to argue that there's a lack of people playing WoW...

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple banecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
    Before the dungeon finder, the group was teleported to the dungeon once one person entered, I don't know why you "anti" LFG people consistently ignore that fact and act like the teleport is new with the LFG.

    You have zero evidence the T2's being made less harsh is causing anyone to leave, let alone a lot.

    No one, Trion, or the LFG is stopping you or the other LFG complainers from spamming chat and "socializing" as much as you ever did. This is more about forcing everyone else to do that along with you it seems.
    Have to bump this one, as that was exactly what I was thinkning also.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt198992 View Post
    the LFD tool was an admittance that there are low pops on the servers.
    No, it was an admittance that many people can't be arsed to LFG spam for 30-60 minutes to get a team up and want to play the game instead of micromanaging their teams.

    And did we really another QQ thread about dungeons?

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Kristi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    396

    Default

    I disagree with everything you stated. In the course of using the LFD tool I have made alot of new friends and two small guilds that have met some of our members while using this tool have merged with our guild. Sounds pretty social to me. As for dungeons being too easy I don't see much of a change other than they don't take 2 hours to get thru the trash, which is a good thing. When my husband comes home from work he wants to do a T2 dungeon at some point in the evening and not have to stay up to midnight to do so. The level 50 chat on our server seems as lively as ever as well. Everything you have stated is purely subjective and without merit.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple banecrushr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimyrielle View Post
    No, it was an admittance that many people can't be arsed to LFG spam for 30-60 minutes to get a team up and want to play the game instead of micromanaging their teams.

    And did we really another QQ thread about dungeons?
    And again I have to bump on this also. How is it that whatever they do, some have to start threads to complain about the changes? Good lord man, so they upped the # of plaques to get gear, ok that sucs, but the dundeons are EASIER! So go kncok the 5 or 6 there are down weekly and get your plaques/gear. Once they make it so damn hard it takes a week to complete one, you will be back whinning their to hard now"
    Lets live with what they give us, I'm sure there are changes in the works to correct some of the over compensations mad ein the last patch.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    The old dungeons, other than the bugs, were tuned as close to perfect as I've seen in an MMO. The new dungeons are trivially easy and boring as hell. The new rewards structure fits the difficulty of the new dungeons, but is completely unsatisfying.

    I'd like to see "Master" mode or something that's basically the old dungeons, with the old purple drop rates. If there isn't a challenge that my group can face every night we play, we're going to get very bored very soon. I already have significantly less desire to play - T2 runs used to be enjoyable. Now they're not. It's not too late to un-gimp the dungeons and leave the existing ones for the dungeon finder.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    Have to bump this one, as that was exactly what I was thinkning also.
    What Trion doesn't understand, is the Hardcore WoW players, are still playing WoW, and are going to always play WoW until it is dead and burried, and they unplug the servers.

    Then you have 1/2 and 1/2 left. People that left WoW, because it became - Sit in Org, Q for dungeons, Q for BG's, wait to raid, wait for your Arena partners. That was it. You never left the city. There was no need to.

    Every step Trion takes towards adding more and more WoW like features is going to remind people of a game they grew to hate and decided to leave. The more that they try to make this an "alternative to wow", the more people will leave. Why? Because who wants to play a game that is the same version of a less populated game?

    The 2nd type of player that came over to RIFT were unsuccessful WoW players, who still wanted to play an mmorpg. They have cried and complained about dungs being too hard, no lfd tool, want cross server Q's. Yet these people will eventually leave too, because the lower the population gets, the less fun they will have because of their constant reliance on others.

    Trion needs to pick a side of the fence and stand there firmly. Either go all the way and make this WoW 2.0 with easy mode and all the instant gratification that WoW provides, or stand with their original design and let the people feel that it is too hard leave, because they will eventually leave anyways.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotUsedBrain View Post
    Hello,
    this is my topic from 2 months ago before the failed 1.2 patch that makes everyone leave the game as is not fun to play anymore, with everything so dumbed down.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...37#post1879737

    Game in 1.2 became too easy to apeal to players both hardcore and casual, my friends don't always have time to play raids and they see no reason to log in a game where you can do dunegons in less than 20min and all best loot comes from Plaques anyway.
    What about small group of players that dont do raids and Tier2 was fun for them to do? Tier 1 was already easy for those people that can't be bother to learn something and after patch all expert dungeons became a joke. Well there were easy before if people focused and now you don't even know you fighting a boss because they are so weak.
    LFG worst tool Developers could offer to players, before we had nice dailies that people talked in /50lvl chat and tried to get a group going now channel is dead. What's the reason to offer a tool that teleports you to dungeon without going out of town? What's the reason for a toll that kills social interaction?
    Trion how many more players you want to loose?
    tbh...with how insanely overpriced T2 gear is for how much plaque we get per dungeon...i am happy they are easy....seriously, do you realise its 1246 plaque for a full set? and with how none-end boss barely drop epic anymore, its almost impossible to get gear from that.

    i would be all for buffing t2 back to a harder lvl...but increase the plaque drop greatly if you do so. (like 5 per boss or something like that lol...120hour of play time simply to get the gear i need to raid is a bit overkill)

    if they buff back t2 without increasing plaque, they WILL loose way more players....i understand that hardcore view that everything should be a challenge...but do you rly want to be challenged by a dungeon you already completed multiple time? I for one am glad to be able to "relax" with friend when i get home from work

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redgar View Post
    tbh...with how insanely overpriced T2 gear is for how much plaque we get per dungeon...i am happy they are easy....seriously, do you realise its 1246 plaque for a full set? and with how none-end boss barely drop epic anymore, its almost impossible to get gear from that.

    i would be all for buffing t2 back to a harder lvl...but increase the plaque drop greatly if you do so. (like 5 per boss or something like that lol...120hour of play time simply to get the gear i need to raid is a bit overkill)

    if they buff back t2 without increasing plaque, they WILL loose way more players....i understand that hardcore view that everything should be a challenge...but do you rly want to be challenged by a dungeon you already completed multiple time? I for one am glad to be able to "relax" with friend when i get home from work
    If you want to relax with a friend, do a normal dungeon

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The old dungeons, other than the bugs, were tuned as close to perfect as I've seen in an MMO. The new dungeons are trivially easy and boring as hell. The new rewards structure fits the difficulty of the new dungeons, but is completely unsatisfying.

    I'd like to see "Master" mode or something that's basically the old dungeons, with the old purple drop rates. If there isn't a challenge that my group can face every night we play, we're going to get very bored very soon. I already have significantly less desire to play - T2 runs used to be enjoyable. Now they're not. It's not too late to un-gimp the dungeons and leave the existing ones for the dungeon finder.
    Trivially easy for people who are geared/experienced, at times yes. However, I've been with people new to 50, and basically had to carry them through T1s both through explanations and the added gear buffer (as I'll be wearing T2 gear). I've been on T1 runs where after explaining every fight, one or two people would die *every* boss fight (sometimes in ways I had never seen), more than once during the fight even after a combat res. Fresh 50 + inexperience + randomness of how alert a person is or 'good' at gaming throws a curveball out how difficult you can make anything. I would be in favor of a big winged T3 Expert dungeon set that was a significant step up in difficulty from T2s, but I don't think significant changes need to be done to T1s at all, and T2s I feel could just use some boss tuning as the combination of plaque gear changes + boss damage changes + class changes (ie VK it's really easy to keep up the full 10 pact stack for the bonus armor after 1.2) swung the difficulty too far in the other direction. Trash I'm happy with though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Landvia View Post
    If you want to relax with a friend, do a normal dungeon
    At 50, there's only two of those, and they offer no upwards progression after a run or two. T1s are in effect the 'normal' dungeons at 50, even pre 1.2 (as the bosses themselves did not change much in T1s in the patch).
    Last edited by Steejee; 05-20-2011 at 06:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts