+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lord Greenscale questions

Plane Touched

Default Lord Greenscale questions

My guild is going to start serious trys on LGS this week end, and i had a few questions regarding our setup that you guys might be willing to answer
    The MT should be stacking some Nature resist i've read, but what about the rest of the raid ? is it mandatory ?
    The healing debuff on the MT, it seems to last quite long, does it stay on the MT the whole time ? or does it drop before the next breath ?
    What would be the ideal raid setup for this encounter ? i've read something like 2 tanks, 2 support, 8 heals and 8 DPS. Isnt it excessive ? How much raid heal is really needed ? As much as Hylas or less ?
    I've raid multiple strategy guides, seen videos, but maybe someone has some tips to help us out ?
    Thanks for any answers !

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathule View Post
    The MT should be stacking some Nature resist i've read, but what about the rest of the raid ? is it mandatory ?
    Life resist helps for the tank, but not so much for the raid, the only reason I could possibly see for raid to stack life resist, is to reduce damage from his Genesis Torrent, but I would not suggest raid stacking nature resist, just tank.

The healing debuff on the MT, it seems to last quite long, does it stay on the MT the whole time ? or does it drop before the next breath ?
    It only drops during the air phases, it does not drop in between the breaths. It lasts 40 seconds if I recall correctly.

What would be the ideal raid setup for this encounter ? i've read something like 2 tanks, 2 support, 8 heals and 8 DPS. Isnt it excessive ? How much raid heal is really needed ? As much as Hylas or less ?
    To start with, I would suggest you to go with 6 healers. Get one or two chloros, and some clerics (make sure there is a purifier for breath handling and a senticar to take care of raid healing). 2 Tanks, rogue and whatever, I would't suggest tank switching for breaths even though I've seen it done. Bard, archon and rest is DPS (make sure you have enough ranged to take care of the brackens and at least one ranger/stormcaller to take care of sentient polens).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mrtakedown View Post
    It only drops during the air phases, it does not drop in between the breaths. It lasts 40 seconds if I recall correctly.
    Thanks for the anwsers.
    That means that the MT will get the debuff the whole time, and he'll get hit by the second breath while still having the debuff ?
    Without resist gear i was taking 3K a tick. With resist gear, i should be taking maybe 2,5k a hit, that still means 10K damage, so 40K hp to heal in 4 secs !
    Is there something i'm missing ?

Thanks for the anwsers.
    That means that the MT will get the debuff the whole time, and he'll get hit by the second breath while still having the debuff ?
    Without resist gear i was taking 3K a tick. With resist gear, i should be taking maybe 2,5k a hit, that still means 10K damage, so 40K hp to heal in 4 secs !
    Chloromancer + Purifier on Greenscale Tank
    Raid healer throwing a few hots or whatever on the plant tank
    1 Inq/Justicar
    1 Bard
    3 full healer clerics (+1 for Purifier cleric)
    Depending on how skilled your healers are, you may need another one.

That's what my setup uses. Don't tank swap on breath. Purifier + Chloromancer can handle the breath attack.

Plane Touched

Just have your tank go VK with a purifier+chloro for breaths. If your still having trouble throw in another purifier and have them make a rotation for their 44/51 skills. Also, make sure your OT is using Spellbreaker so he never goes above 8 stacks of the flame debuff. Any mage/rogue that isn't support should be sc/ele or ranger to handle the pollen/brackens/adds in their respective phases. Assign a couple people to take care of pollen, but all range dps should be switching to brackens til sub 25% ground phase. As far as the air phases go we usually tank the adds in the middle of the room leaving melee + pets on the boss. Doing so we usually get roughly 15-17% dmg done to LG during an airphase.

Since your just starting go check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnW0Y-iMzkM

He does a good job of breaking it down, but of course do what ends up working for you guys.
    Last edited by Pwncakes; 05-20-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Thanks for the anwsers.
    Yes, as a matter of fact, you're badly mistaken here. 2.5k per tick with there being 4 ticks in 4 second timeframe. 4*2,5k = 10k, not 40k.

But technically you need to "heal" for 40k to heal the 10k breath damage due to the healing debuff, is what he means.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    But technically you need to "heal" for 40k to heal the 10k breath damage due to the healing debuff, is what he means.
    Yes that's what i meant
    So this is why there is a dire need of purfiers i guess ?
    What's the cons of having two for that fight ?

Well, going by your logic, the ability to decrease damage reduces the quadrupled amount of healing required. Purifiers have short cooldowns to do that. If you get hit by 2.5k and you can reduce that to 1k per tick, thats 6k total damage reduced and 24k healing done.

We have 1 chloro, 1 purifier, and 1 senticar, a bard and another raid healing cleric. 4-5 Healers are all that is really needed. Once you manage the breath cooldowns, and plants, it is a matter of putting it all together.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Prophet of Telara

We did it with a roguetank, their magic resist does wonders for this. The danger then is actually the cleave. We actually usually run with more healers, our DPS is juuuuust fine for it. If I remember right we have a bard, a chloro, 4 cleric tank healers, and a senticar or two.

Rift Disciple

Yes that's what i meant
    So this is why there is a dire need of purfiers i guess ?
    What's the cons of having two for that fight ?
    Purifier 51 point ability is a channeled heal that heals the target and shields them from damage over 4 seconds. If you time this with the breaths, 1 purifier can easily handle every third breath. As a rogue tank who MTs Greenscale, The breath ticks for about 2.9k unmitigated. When a purifier channels on me, it goes down to 800ish, and I'm getting healed as well.

Our setup for our kill was 2 purifiers(they each handle 1/3 of the breaths) and me as a rogue tank using my own cooldowns for the other 1/3. Chloro heals from LFG are not affected by his 75% debuff, so be sure you have a geared chloro synthing the main tank.

During air phase I simply popped sidesteps and picked up the adds near the raid. Everyone aoed them down and we had ample time to dps greenscale. If your raid can't kill the adds before Greenscale saps their health to heal himself, that's a sign you are lacking in good aoe dps. You'll need to gear more people up or get more people in an ideal spec for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Equis View Post
    Purifier 51 point ability is a channeled heal that heals the target and shields them from damage over 4 seconds. If you time this with the breaths, 1 purifier can easily handle every third breath. As a rogue tank who MTs Greenscale, The breath ticks for about 2.9k unmitigated. When a purifier channels on me, it goes down to 800ish, and I'm getting healed as well.

Our setup for our kill was 2 purifiers(they each handle 1/3 of the breaths) and me as a rogue tank using my own cooldowns for the other 1/3. Chloro heals from LFG are not affected by his 75% debuff, so be sure you have a geared chloro synthing the main tank.

During air phase I simply popped sidesteps and picked up the adds near the raid. Everyone aoed them down and we had ample time to dps greenscale. If your raid can't kill the adds before Greenscale saps their health to heal himself, that's a sign you are lacking in good aoe dps. You'll need to gear more people up or get more people in an ideal spec for dps.
    When you get really really good dps and outgear it, you can kill all the adds and knock off about another 5-6% before he lands lol, we usually drop him to like 69%,43-44% and 20% respectively by the time he lands...fight is kind of trivial when everyone knows what is going on.
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Champion

My guild is going to start serious trys on LGS this week end, and i had a few questions regarding our setup that you guys might be willing to answer
    I've raid multiple strategy guides, seen videos, but maybe someone has some tips to help us out ?
    Thanks for any answers !
    We run it with 2 tanks, 3 chloros, 2 puri/sent clerics, 1 senticar, 1 archon, 1 bard, 10 dps. Works great. If I had the option I'd probably swap the third chloro for a second Senticar and let the other mage do damage. Even that's not really necessary, tbh, it just makes the fight trivial due to the sheer AOE healing and I prefer overhealing to potentially wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    We did it with a roguetank, their magic resist does wonders for this. The danger then is actually the cleave. We actually usually run with more healers, our DPS is juuuuust fine for it. If I remember right we have a bard, a chloro, 4 cleric tank healers, and a senticar or two.
    Well, when he does breath, if your tank goes a little bit away from the boss, you completely avoid getting the rending cleave.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast