+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Please fix the LFG lock out timers.

Champion

Default Please fix the LFG lock out timers.

The last hour has been spent playing leap frog with members for randoms cause one person is always locked to that instance.

Please fix this.

Soulwalker

The LFD tool doesn't check lockouts when it creates grps, it only locks ppl if they aren't already. If someone is locked, it lets them in no problem. Its in the patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCorruption View Post
    The LFD tool doesn't check lockouts when it creates grps, it only locks ppl if they aren't already. If someone is locked, it lets them in no problem. Its in the patch notes.
    LOL. A lot of crap gets into the patch notes that doesn't always work. Additionally, they put things into the game and not the patch notes.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCorruption View Post
    How about you play and take the patch notes where the sun don't shine. Right now it is forming groups and telling people they can't join cause they are locked.

5 groups in the last 2 hours have had to be dropped cause no matter how many retrys on random, someone was locked.
    Last edited by Retsopmi; 05-19-2011 at 02:11 PM.

heres to hoping this was not intentional and will stay with lockouts because people are farming

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by runicNomad View Post
    heres to hoping this was not intentional and will stay with lockouts because people are farming

Did you even read the OP? Right now you can barely run any LFD's cause most the people are locked and nothing is happening. The lockouts were meant for running them specifically. Not through the random feature of the LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by runicNomad View Post
    Then let them farm. Why do you care? It's not as if much of anything in the dungeons can be sold. So what are they farming? Plaques? At the reduced rate of gain, and increased price; you need to be able to farm the damn things.
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsopmi View Post
    Did you even read the OP? Right now you can barely run any LFD's cause most the people are locked and nothing is happening. The lockouts were meant for running them specifically. Not through the random feature of the LFD.
    lol... You just form a party and keep Queuing random until you hit the one you want... If they make it restrict you to what it picks, I'm never going to use it. To hell with the 6 plaques. I don't want to be forced to run a dungeon I hate and/or doesn't contain the loot I want.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    lol... You just form a party and keep Queuing random until you hit the one you want... If they make it restrict you to what it picks, I'm never going to use it. To hell with the 6 plaques. I don't want to be forced to run a dungeon I hate and/or doesn't contain the loot I want.
    Sigh another person with 1st grade reading comprehension. I'll spell it out in crayon for you. Right now you are getting a lock out timer through Randoms. Which wasn't supposed to happen. SO chances are 1 of the 5 people in the group is gonna have a lock out to each of the instances, making it impossible to find one for all 5.

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Hey folks,

We're working on a fix right now and hope to have it out within the next day. Thanks for your patience and cooperation in the meantime!

Shadowlander

Yea I don't think the lockouts are working as intended if we go by the patch notes:

* Fixed lockouts not being set when finding Random LFG dungeons. Players doing Random LFG dungeons will be locked to them the first run as they would if they entered normally. The Random LFG tool will then bypass any instance locks of party members for any dungeons repeated before the lockout expires.

Here is how the conversation in guild chat went last night:

Me: Anyone need a healer for some T2s?
    Guildie1: Yea lets do it, how about DSM?
    Me: I already ran DSM this morning, how about AP?
    Guildie1: I ran AP already, how about DD?
    Me: Yea, I'm down for DD.
    Guildie2: Already did DD, how about CC?
    Guildie3: Locked to CC, how about RD?
    Me: I did RD already.
    Everyone: Argh, to hell with it!

*Everyone goes and does dailies or runs in pugs.*

EDIT: Hurray for official reply! Thanks for letting us know it will be fixed soon
    Last edited by KingCrizzo; 05-19-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Just get rid of the lockouts! There.... fixed. If a player decides he likes on dungeon more than another, who cares? Let him do it 100 times in a row!! It's their time, their dollar, so why not let them do their thing?

Please fix the class thing in dungeons tho. It's very frustrating and still borked. I dont think it's reading belt stats.
    Dream for 1.3:
    *Crafters Rejoice - We've reduced all deposits when listing your wares on the Auctioneer by 75%. This only applies to player made items.
    *Quest Journal: Increased in size from 25 to 50. Also, guild quests, world event quests and crafting quests no longer contribute to your quest count. No more pesky messages!
    *New Portal System: All death platforms can now be used as portals. Each platform has a short quest that must be completed to unlock it's potential. Travel expenses have been reduced and now cost by the distance traveled and not the distance from your home city.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    LOL. A lot of crap gets into the patch notes that doesn't always work. Additionally, they put things into the game and not the patch notes.
    This is so true. If they intended to give you brownies and a pony, that would not work.

The annoying stuff always gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsopmi View Post
    Sigh another person with 1st grade reading comprehension. I'll spell it out in crayon for you. Right now you are getting a lock out timer through Randoms. Which wasn't supposed to happen. SO chances are 1 of the 5 people in the group is gonna have a lock out to each of the instances, making it impossible to find one for all 5.
    I understood exactly what you said. The lockouts were designed to prevent people from rerunning the same instance over and over. To which I replied as I did. As it was working before hot"fix" 4, you could random into the same dungeon over and over and still get the reward.

Their "fix" was supposed to lock to it meaning you couldn't queue for it specifically, however, if you random queued and got a group headed to and instance you were locked out of, it would over ride that.

Trion essentially just made it more inconvenient for us to go where we wish.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2

Rift Disciple

Did my first T1 instance today... as in ever... went to do my second T1 and whenever I joined the group it locked all instances including normal for everybody in the group. When I dropped their instances were open. When I looked at the LFD tool solo it showed instances open except the one that I had just run as expected... anytime I joined the group it locked all instances for everybody.

It's bugged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast