+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugs: Darkening Deeps

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Default Bugs: Darkening Deeps

There's the side of me that wants to NOT report this, because it makes fighting these Boss so easy.
    Then there's the side of me that won out; who wants the Boss fights to work as intended.

When Michael turns into a Werewolf and takes enough damage from the players, he will try to retreat back to the Moonlight, placing a Fear on the Party.

The bug, then, is that you can prevent this Fear. Simply start casting any spell -- a Pet summon, 3-second cast attack, or a long heal. If your cast bar is still filling when the Werewolf casts his own Fear, your character will not run around.

Another one that I found was quite peculiar. I was standing with Michael in the Moonlight (me being the tank) and spammed my basic attack as fast as I could to gain Convictions to heal the dying Party. Turns out, I was immune to his Fear, even though I know the Healer did not have any "Fear Immunity" spells. While my Party ran around like chickens with their heads removed, I dealt the killing blow to the Boss.

Lastly, this Bug ironically affects the big bug in the Dungeon, Tegenar Deepfang. We wiped on this boss with all 12 of her children still alive (they killed me good and dead). After rezzing, we realized that the Adds did not despawn, and I could pull them 3 or 4 at a time to clear them away from the Boss.
    ADDITIONALLY, Tegenar Deepfang did not resummon her Adds as was intended, when we got her health low enough. The fight was a joke.

tl;dr...
    Michael Bringhurst - You can undermine his Fear ability simply by casting any non-instant spell.
    Michael Bringhurst - Spamming a melee ability sometimes prevents his Fear ability from sticking?
    Tegenar Deepfang - Adds didn't despawn, and Boss did not resummon them when we re-engaged after a wipe.
    Last edited by Morvick; 05-19-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: title, tl;dr
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Shadowlander

With regards to the Michael/Werewolf "bug" - It's not the spell that prevents the fear, it's the lack of movement.

Since beta, if you're standing still when the fear goes off, it acts like a horror effect - stunning you in place, not running you around. As a tank, I anticipate this, and park myself near the moonlight prior to his fear going off *and don't move/cast* that way I'm closest when it's over and can pick him up/pull him out of the light.

Aggy™
    Last edited by Aggranox; 05-19-2011 at 12:01 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggranox View Post
    With regards to the Michael/Werewolf "bug" - It's not the spell that prevents the fear, it's the lack of movement.
    Aggy™
    I hadn't picked up on this, but it's really good to know. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Sez

Thanks for posting ways to exploit the game.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

RIFT Fan Site Operator Starseeker's Avatar

As for this: Spamming a melee ability sometimes prevents his Fear ability from sticking?

I doubt it, I'm a MM and I have had his fear not stick one time, and then the very next time without moving or changing what i'm doing it sticks.

I think it has to do with resisting. There are resists in this game and I believe you may have a very small chance of resisting his fear.

However it was done it's a crap shoot anyways, sometimes the fear is there sometimes its not. Doesn't really matter much just go back to killing after running around stupidly for 10 seconds or so...

Cleric - Defiant - Greybriar

Leader of Midnight Aeternus Guild

+ Reply to Thread