+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does "Convert to raid" in 5man dungeon decrease the chance of drop of gears?

Soulwalker

Default Does "Convert to raid" in 5man dungeon decrease the chance of drop of gears?

Healer in group always ask for raidframe, but i want an epic from trash mob in the dungeon,
    so i wonder if it will derease the dropping chance of epics from trash mob?
    Last edited by yv4ev3r; 05-19-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by yv4ev3r View Post
    Healer in group always ask for raidframe, but i want an epic from trash mob in the dungeon,
    so i wonder if it will derease the dropping chance of epics from trash mob?
    I've never noticed a difference. Most healers like the raidframe since it's easier to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxteth View Post
    I've never noticed a difference. Most healers like the raidframe since it's easier to work with.
    Raidframes help a lot as a healer. Why would you think it has anything to do with epic's being dropped?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Raidframes help a lot as a healer. Why would you think it has anything to do with epic's being dropped?
    He doesn't. Which is why he told the OP, who DID think so, that he didn't notice any change in loot drops.
    4/4 DH | 4/4 GP | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS ¶ 3.5/10 HK

I'm a healer and I hate the raid frames. For so many reasons. The leader of my group last night in an instance changed it to a raid because he said healer's like it better and I responded with something like "I don't like it and I'm the healer, can we change it back". No, didn't happen. People suck. UI doesn't mean as much for a dps (who was the leader) as it does for a healer.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 05-19-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Raidframes help a lot as a healer.
    I never quite understood the reasoning behind this. As a healer I find raidframes to be a PITA because it makes it that much more difficult to track my HoTs. Sure the curses show up a bit better, but they have there own line under the party frames so there still pretty easy to spot.

In party frames I can quickly glance at the frames and see who needs to have HoTs refreshed. I think the raid frames in this game suck pretty hard. Theres no way to track the mana of my other healers so it makes it harder to judge if I need to pick up heals and like i mentioned theres no way to track HoTs other then through single target.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I never quite understood the reasoning behind this. As a healer I find raidframes to be a PITA because it makes it that much more difficult to track my HoTs. Sure the curses show up a bit better, but they have there own line under the party frames so there still pretty easy to spot.

In party frames I can quickly glance at the frames and see who needs to have HoTs refreshed. I think the raid frames in this game suck pretty hard. Theres no way to track the mana of my other healers so it makes it harder to judge if I need to pick up heals and like i mentioned theres no way to track HoTs other then through single target.
    Exactly! I don't know whose HoTs need refreshing, I don't know exactly how much HP people are losing since I can't see the numbers, so I'm probably overhealing a lot. The green squares are so small and hard to target - even if you make them bigger it's just so awkward and too close together. I mean there are even more reasons than that for why the party frames are better. PITA doesn't even begin to cover how much the raid UI sucks.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 05-19-2011 at 01:10 PM.

It makes it easier for SOME healers (chloros, sentinels, purifiers), but makes it harder for wardens.

For those that aren't wardens raid frames are much better and it really is the only negative for raid frames, but group frames aren't much better anyway. Managing hots is a pita in this game.
    In raid frames, you can see who has aggro, and you can move the raid frame much easier anytime you want. It is smaller and more compact. You can see the damage much easier because it is a big fat green bar.

I much prefer raid frames, but I cannot see how there would be any correlation between group/raid frames and loot drops. You can't bring a raid into a 5 man instance so it's not like they would have to code for that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn View Post
    For those that aren't wardens raid frames are much better and it really is the only negative for raid frames, but group frames aren't much better anyway. Managing hots is a pita in this game.
    In raid frames, you can see who has aggro, and you can move the raid frame much easier anytime you want. It is smaller and more compact. You can see the damage much easier because it is a big fat green bar.

I much prefer raid frames, but I cannot see how there would be any correlation between group/raid frames and loot drops. You can't bring a raid into a 5 man instance so it's not like they would have to code for that option.
    For me it's more than just HoT tracking. I already mentioned a few of my gripes but this is what I'd prefer to see...

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/4311/originaln.png

I know there's a lot going on in that pic but just take a look at the 4 little groups. That's what I'd like to see here. I didn't even use the Grid add-on in WoW, I hated the look there too.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 05-19-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Telaran

Have you been in a group with an archon or bard, amongst other character with constant buffs? A tank can literally have 15+ buffs at a time and keeping track of each hot on them isn't any easier when you see a long horizontal string of icons

The guys in this thread could derail a train....
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    Exactly! I don't know whose HoTs need refreshing, I don't know exactly how much HP people are losing since I can't see the numbers, so I'm probably overhealing a lot. The green squares are so small and hard to target - even if you make them bigger it's just so awkward and too close together. I mean there are even more reasons than that for why the party frames are better. PITA doesn't even begin to cover how much the raid UI sucks.
    It's hard to keep track among 4 other people max who has hots and who doesn't? How about who even needs them in the first place?

If everyone is taking damage, then it's just going down the list. If only 1 person is taking damage, then it's kind of obvious. If 2 people are taking damage, then it's easy to know.

If you are just throwing it on everyone, then isn't it just a matter of going down the list as well?

In what circumstance could you possibly be having a hard time among 4 other people in terms of keeping hots up?

Serious question here. I don't have a 50 cleric, I have a chloro, so no hots. And my cleric is only in the mid 20's, so healing has been extremely easy in the few instances I've done. But I am curious as to what about HoTs make them so hard to keep track of.

I think OP is asking because when you hit Y to convert to raid, if gives you a description like "a raid is a large band of players that earn reduced loot and XP" or some such.

Effectively, what they mean is, in a party, you're one of five. In a raid, you're one of twenty. Things get distributed more. You don't get a penalty for drops just because you change the UI display.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    It's hard to keep track among 4 other people max who has hots and who doesn't? How about who even needs them in the first place?

If everyone is taking damage, then it's just going down the list. If only 1 person is taking damage, then it's kind of obvious. If 2 people are taking damage, then it's easy to know.

If you are just throwing it on everyone, then isn't it just a matter of going down the list as well?

In what circumstance could you possibly be having a hard time among 4 other people in terms of keeping hots up?

Serious question here. I don't have a 50 cleric, I have a chloro, so no hots. And my cleric is only in the mid 20's, so healing has been extremely easy in the few instances I've done. But I am curious as to what about HoTs make them so hard to keep track of.
    It's more my second two points - I don't know how much HP each person has. The frames are small, squares are all smushed together, both of which makes it hard to click target. It's hard to see buffs, debuffs, class/role icons. The whole thing is just a mess and forces me to spend too much time staring at the UI instead of the action.

I linked a picture the other post I made - that sort of UI is what I find easiest to work with.

Edit: Here I'll re-link it. http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/4311/originaln.png

I can just glance at anyone in the raid (or group if it's just a dungeon) and see exactly what's going on with them and it's also so easy to click target. It gives me the freedom to pay attention to the action instead of having to play a mini game staring at a tiny clustered green box.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 05-19-2011 at 02:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast